Started my pack a day late...

sleepinbeauty

WTT#1 after marriage
Reaction score
So I was transferred form the midwife to the ob/gyn. I had my appt yesterday and she switched me to Yaz (has anyone here taken it? Did you like it?) So I'm in there, telling her about how the microgestin is making me into a crazy person. The list goes like this: mood swings like I've never experienced before (laughing to crying and back in 1.5 seconds! I swear!!), I'm lightheaded, I am having insane cravings (I had McDonalds 3 times this week!!), I'm queesey when I get the foods I want, my sense of smell is BEASTLY (things that my friend say "smell a little" melt the hairs out of my nose!), I can't stay awake and I pee about every 2 hours. So what does she say? "Are you pregnant?!" o_O

We didn't test me this time, but now that I look back, I wouldn't be surprised. I started my pills late this month (CVS closed its pharmacy early that day and my timing has not been too close to "every 24 hours" due to a schedule that could kill even the most organized. AF is due on Tuesday. I'm really curious to see the way this one turns out... I guess I'm "waiting to know" for the next few days.

I was on Yasmin. Just after I came off it I read some info about side effects and I was shocked at how many I experienced. If you start feeling fatigued or anxious change it! Best Wishes

thanks. I'm not really sure what I was asking with this thread.... maybe a mix of "do you guys think I'm crazy for suspecting something's up?" and "what is your Yaz/Yasmin experience?"

Thanks for answering my unasked questions!<3

I was on Yaz prior to conceiving my last baby. It was fabulous. I went off of it and within just a few weeks of TTC, I got pregnant. I had zero side effects-highly recommended! So when will you test???!:winkwink:

I was on Yaz for a few months but changed due to really bad headaches. I think every pill is different for each person though, so wouldn't worry too much about it.
I've definately had the symptoms you describe when I've not taken my pill regularly before so I think you're probably not pregnant. Starting it a day late shouldn't be a huge deal (although TECHNICALLY you could have got pregnant in the first week after that I guess, but I think it's unlikely) and as long as your gaps weren't too far off 24h you should have still been alright.
Hope you get the answer you want though, just don't get too excited/anxious about it yet! :hugs:

Easier said than done! I'm shitting a brick here! hahaha

I only ask because my mother only missed 3 pills in her life.... she also has 3 daughters *headdesk* The timing would be terrible...but let's face it, I would be thrilled (until I have to tell everyone....ugh.)

awww hun! I certainly don't think you're crazy for suspecting it - the fact that the doc asked you sounds like she thought it was a possibility with the symptoms you were showing!

and now the waiting game... so frustrating huh? xx

AF is due this Tuesday.....but I'm one of those "give it a week" people. So a week from now...on the 30th.

...unless things keep getting worse....then I'll probably cave in early.

I wish you luck hun, keep us updated on how things go xx

No problem. It's crazy, all of these symptoms/"symptoms" are all coming out of nowhere...but like a stampede! Not "oh, one here, one there" just "CHAAAARGE!!" lol

I hope it turns out as you want.

With the Yasmin, I was on it for 4 months and had to change because i had bad side effects with it... kind of like you described on your last pill with the manic bit but I got very depressed and moody to point of suicidal. Haven't heard of anyone else ever having the same reaction though and my friend is on it and thinks it's the perfect pill! Definitely every pill is different for everyone.

:)

the boobs are getting sore-er....but the cramps are here...but not too strong.

Who knows?? I might test early..

Good luck!! I"m sorry this is going on. The 2ww is NEVER fun.

I've started packs late and I never take my pills close to 'on the dot'.... I take Lutera. It's a generic brand I get from the health department. But I've never had any problems with it. :)

Best of luck to you. Let us know!

OH just said my boobs look bigger... I KNEW it wasn't just me!

I'm in pain. My boobs still hurt, my back is killing me, I have a terrible headache and my cramps are making me groan in pain. I wish I had picked up my prescription painkillers before now...

She's here a night early. At least I know now.

Good riddance, Microgestin. On to the next medicine. Yaz, away!:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"