Started taking soy tonight.

sarah1980

Reaction score
I started taking soy tonight, 120mg. I'm on CD 232 and desperate to kick start a cycle so we at least have a chance of conceiving so decided on trying soy. I only took them a few hours ago and I'm feeling a bit crampy already but don't know if that's just wishful thinking!

Anyone managed to start a cycle by taking soy?

Sarah xxx

And I thought my last cycle if 50 days was rough!! Sorry to hear you have such long & frustrating cycles :hugs:

I got my first bfp after taking soy cd 2-6 which gave me my beautiful dd. I had very long cycles then & it's not working so well for me now I have shorter (if you can call 50 days "short" lol) ones. I think looking back that my ovaries were desperate for help & so it worked. Good luck - hope it does kick start those cycles & gets you your bfp

Thanks! Yeah my cycles were around 35-50 days but have gone completely AWOL now! I'm hoping this works as my doctor isn't offering much help :(

Sarah xxx

Hi Sarah. I have terribly irregular cycles, I can go almost a year without a period.
I've taken soy twice now and become pregnant twice on the first cycle. I love the stuff!
Good luck!

I'm sorry if this is a daft question but when you say you're taking soy to kick start a cycle, what do you mean?

What kind of soy do you take and what does it do?

Hi Sarah. I have terribly irregular cycles, I can go almost a year without a period.
I've taken soy twice now and become pregnant twice on the first cycle. I love the stuff!
Good luck!

Oh wow! That's encouraging! Congratulations! Did you take them on CD1 or mid cycle?

Sarah xxx

I'm sorry if this is a daft question but when you say you're taking soy to kick start a cycle, what do you mean?

Hi Gaige, I'm taking soy in the hope that It will make me ovulate which will then mean I will get AF and I can then start a new cycle as I haven't had AF for 232 days now.

Sarah xxx

Good luck!

Ssjad you're expecting number 10? That's fantastic! You must be kept very busy! :)

Sarah xxx

Busy? Nutty? Haha. They don't all live with us though, but there's never a peaceful moment.
The first time I used soy I had a five month old baby and hadn't had a period in about a year and a half. I used vitex for 2-3 months, which I felt normalized my hormones somewhat, although still no period. Then I stopped the vitex and took soy for five days. I actually ovulated either at the end of the five days or possibly the day after. Got my bfp two weeks later.
This time I had my first period in like 2.5 years (with two pregnancies in that time though). On cd 3-7 I took 200mg soy, ovulated cd 22 and got a bfp 10 days later.

Busy? Nutty? Haha. They don't all live with us though, but there's never a peaceful moment.
The first time I used soy I had a five month old baby and hadn't had a period in about a year and a half. I used vitex for 2-3 months, which I felt normalized my hormones somewhat, although still no period. Then I stopped the vitex and took soy for five days. I actually ovulated either at the end of the five days or possibly the day after. Got my bfp two weeks later.
This time I had my first period in like 2.5 years (with two pregnancies in that time though). On cd 3-7 I took 200mg soy, ovulated cd 22 and got a bfp 10 days later.

That's amazing! I suppose when you have older kids they can help out a bit more with the younger ones. I'm still all crampy today so I'm hoping it's working for me too!

Thanks again,

Sarah xxx

Hi Gaige, I'm taking soy in the hope that It will make me ovulate which will then mean I will get AF and I can then start a new cycle as I haven't had AF for 232 days now.

Sarah xxx

Ah, thank you! I'll keep an eye for that - anything to get things going!!
232 days? Sheesh, I'd be going bonkers, you poor thing!
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

I haven't heard of soy to help... I'm going to have to give that a try.

Sarah xxx

Ah, thank you! I'll keep an eye for that - anything to get things going!!
232 days? Sheesh, I'd be going bonkers, you poor thing!
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

No problem! Yeah it's rather frustrating to say the least!

Apparently you can make parsley tea to start a period too. .

I took soy this cycle I haven't tested yet and I am now either 12-15dpo

Not sure if it will work in your circumstances but have you tried acupuncture?

I ovulated 4 days early the first cycle I started having weekly treatments.

From what I've read it can help to regulate cycles so it may be worth a shot.

X

Not sure if it will work in your circumstances but have you tried acupuncture?

I ovulated 4 days early the first cycle I started having weekly treatments.

From what I've read it can help to regulate cycles so it may be worth a shot.

X

I am actually having acupuncture just now. I've had 4 treatments so far, weekly. How many did you do? I've not seen any benefit yet and it's so expensive I don't know how long to carry on for!

Sarah xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"