Starting 2nd ivf cycle April/May

Pinkie, it is great to hear you are benefiting from hypnotheraphy
I am sorry you still feel nervous about the endo scratch. I hope you will not think about it too much until the day comes. I know, easier said than done..... Have you talked to anybody who did it before? Maybe that could ease up your mind....

As for me, I had an ultrasound yesterday with salne to make sure my uterus is fine. And it is. I got my calendar, so I will start suppression tomorrow with Lupron. First day of stimulation is April 27. I am sure it will be here in no time.

:hugs::hugs:

Good luck with the starting the meds ladies, it's all coming around very quickly. I am itching to get started again now but have at least another 4 weeks.

BabyD, have a fantastic time in Barbados. Perfect timing to get you and your mind relaxed for this baby.

Hope you had a lovely weekend and enjoying the sunshine.

:flower:

Thanks. All drugs being delivered tomorrow and start Norethisterone on Wed. Endo scratch is Thurs PM, and we fly to Barbados on Sunday.

Pinkie, your start date will soon come around! Excited for you! I might try some reflexology before transfer. x

Hi ladies how are the injections going? BabyD how was the endo scratch today?

I had a day in the sun today it was amazing. Bring on the summer

X

Hi Ladies, I am just here to watch you all get your BFP's. I don't start IVF until July..It will be # 2 for me. I have just had surgery to remove a huge fibroid and hopefully will heal up nicely and ready for my lil one to implant in my uterus in July or August.

I have had the endo scratch and it isn't bad at all. If you would like to just take some advil about 1 hour prior to the procedure. It will help.

I have elevated NK cells so they tested to see if IVIG or Intralipds will help and the intralipids was the winner. I am so happy for that as IVIG is so much more expensive.

Well that I me...I look forward to sharing in all of your BFPs, while I wait for my own.

Endo scratch was difficult owing to position of uterus. It took 4 attempts, but we got there in the end. The Norethisterone is going down well and i'm off on holiday on Sunday. :) Good luck ladies xx

Welcome baby117! Glad to hear the endoscratch went smoothly! Thanks for the positive vibes!

Babyd, have a great and relaxing holiday!

How are you Pinkie?

I have had one week of Lupron injections already. Starting Ganirelix tomorrow. So far so good. Going on Monday for my baseline appt. I am not starting stimming for another 10 days.

Pinkie when do you think you will start stimming?

baby117, my NK activity was also quite high. Fortunately they respond to intralipids too. Such a relief, because the cost of IVIG on top of the cost of IVF would have been really too much....

eab - That is wonderful news for you. You will have to let me know how the Intralipids are once you do them. I guess a few days before EC right?

Hi ladies, how are you all feeling?

Welcome baby117, thank you for the positive vibes and hope you are healing well. Will you being doing a fresh cycle in July?

BabyD, glad you got there in the end with the endo scratch. Have an amazing holiday, we'll look forward to hearing from you in a few weeks.

eabwhab, good luck with your baseline scan tomorrow, I hope everything is on track. Let us know how you get on?

AFM my period started Friday (I hate my body) which means I am on track. My endo scratch is booked for 5th May, I start down regging with Buserelin on 7th May with my first scan on 21st May which is when I will probably start stimming. I don't need to go in for injection training, I feel a pro at these now.

baby117, I haven't been tested for NK cells but I will be taking steroids and clexane injections (which I think do the same thing as intralipids) and I was told I need to start these on the day of EC, I don't know if yours would be different?

I am looking forward to getting started now - bring it on!!

Thanks Pinkie. Yes I will be doing a fresh cycle without any down regging. I seemed to have over surprised last time because I developed a cysts and was on BCPs for almost 2 months. So my dr doesn't want to give me anything that would give me another cysts or over surpress me again.

Yes I think those steroids will do similiar things as the intralipids. I will get my first intralipids treatment about 3 days before EC and then 2 more during the first tri after my bfp.

Thanks Pinkie. Yes I will be doing a fresh cycle without any down regging. I seemed to have over surprised last time because I developed a cysts and was on BCPs for almost 2 months. So my dr doesn't want to give me anything that would give me another cysts or over surpress me again.

Yes I think those steroids will do similiar things as the intralipids. I will get my first intralipids treatment about 3 days before EC and then 2 more during the first tri after my bfp.

Absolutely love that last line... 'after my bfp' that is a confidence and positive attitude for you. I will definitely be taking a leaf out of your book and talking like this from now on. Here is to all our BFP!!!

It sounds terrible but the last two cycles I done I never felt that confident about them, I tried so hard to stay positive but deep down I just knew they weren't going to work, and I cant tell you why. But I feel really different about this one. Maybe its because we know its implantation that is the problem and we are doing everything to help that so this really could be our time.

My last cycle was the short protocol with no down regging, it was so nice and quick.

baby117, I haven't been tested for NK cells but I will be taking steroids and clexane injections (which I think do the same thing as intralipids) and I was told I need to start these on the day of EC, I don't know if yours would be different?

I am looking forward to getting started now - bring it on!!

Hi Pinkie - I have seen several girls with high NK do steroids and clexane injections with success. Good luck!

:wave: Hi all - mind if I join in?
I just started meds for my first stim cycle yesterday. I'm doing Follistim and Menopur then adding in Ganirelix later in the cycle. It's my first IVF stim so I'm definitely still learning the ropes.

Oh - and a little bit about me, I've got endometriosis causing secondary infertility. DH has no issues at all (in fact his numbers are stellar) - so I think it just comes down to overcoming my problems. We've been trying for just over a year and have gone through months of trying naturally, a few medicated cycles, two failed IUIs, and now we're here.

HI Krissy! This is my first too. I anticipate that I will start BCP's this week and Lupron next week.

Pinkie - can you tell me about your protocol last time...they didn't suppress you right? They are not suppressing me this time and I am so nervous my follicles will grow at different rates.

Dazed & Krissy welcome to the mad house!
Sorry to hear of your fertility struggles and hope you're both feeling ok about doing your first cycle. Sounds like we are close in cycles, my egg collection should be the first week of June if everything is on track.

Baby117, I had the 'Flare' protocol on my last cycle so yes they didn't suppress me. I started stims on day 2 of my cycle and went in for egg collection 14 days later. I'll be honest, I didn't get the response we were hoping for, out of the 7 eggs collected only 3 were mature enough to fertilized when previously I had 5 collected and all 5 fertilized. I did have a few eggs that were growing at different rates but I am on the highest possible dose and also have to stim for 14 days which doesn't help. I wouldn't let this worry you, we were surprised this didn't work better for me and I had read good things about this protocol so I am sure it will work great for you.

Hello Ladies!

Pinkie looks like your endo scratch is approaching. I hope you feel a bit more relaxed about it. And soon enough you will actually start with the meds!! I hope the steroids and clexane will help. I have heard a lot of positive outcomes :) I will also be on a bunch of things: steroids, blood thinner and intralipids....

Yes baby117 I will do my first intralipids IV a few days before EC. Precisely on my 5th day of stimulation. Do you know if there are side effects?

Welcome Dazed and Krissy. Krissy, why are you doing a FET?How is stimulation going?

AFM, I am already on day 12 of suppression (not counting ten days of BCP before). First Lupron then Ganirelix. I already feel quite exhausted and definitely feeling the meds. I am not starting stimulation until next Monday. It feels forever as I am already feeling the meds I am taking now.
My baseline appointment yesterday was short but went well. No cyst :) I am quite happy about that. At my ultrasound+mock transfer two weeks ago I had a cyst on my right ovary, which is my dominant one and the doc was going to remove it yesterday if still there. But thankfully it was gone!!!
Other than this, I am feeling pretty down and exhausted. Perhaps I should have waited a bit longer. Ever since my last MC which took FOREVER after learning that baby died, I have been so busy at work and seeing doctors and having blood drawn, due to recurrent MC history. Sorry for be a downer and for such a long post. I just dont seem to feel very hopeful today. I just cannot believe that having a baby ended up being so hard....

:hugs:

Pinkie - Yep, I'm thinking 1-2nd week of June if I did my math correctly. FXed we both get our :bfp:s then!

Eab - I'm doing FET instead of fresh transfer to squeeze in time for PGS and to give my body some down time to recover from the stimulation for a cycle. It's supposed to decrease the chances of any hyperstimulation risks. Day 3 of stim today, and so far just having some trouble sleeping (although that may be my DD's fault) and some headaches today (could be from lack of sleep lol). Tomorrow I go in for my next monitoring, I'm a little [SUPER] anxious about it.

Pinkie - thanks for explaining that to me. I have also read good things about this protocol. I didn't respond well when I was suppressed, this goes back to trusting the dr. I have to just trust her.

EAB - I have heard that there are limited s/e from intralipids as long as you don't have any allergies to soy or eggs. That is the main ingredients. I read that this is given to people who need nutrients....sick people who are having trouble eating etc. Using it in IVF is very secondary. It is basically an IV of vitamins and minerals. I believe depending on the dosage there is as much as 200 calories in each treatment. I think we should be ok. You will be doing it before me, so please let me know what you think.

afm - looking for an online pharmacy to get my meds. I am trying to save some money because we are completely out of pocket. Can anyone tell me which pharmacy they used?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->