Starting 2nd ivf cycle April/May

baby117, I cannot be of much help about pharmacy. I used walgreens and spent a lot of money on meds. They all work with different programs which give you discount if you are eligible. I did not try though, so I am not very knowledgable. I hope you have found some useful info by now.

AFM, still on suppression. Today I feel much better than the day of my last post. In an way I cant wait to be done with stimulation and egg collection, on the other, I know I will be very scared and tense ....

How is everybody else doing?

I'm way behind on all of you it seems. Started BCP's Tueday, got my meds today and start Lupron next Wednesday!

Eab - thanks I decided to go with my local pharmacy. They had pretty good deals.

Good luck to all of you ladies. Praying I get to see all of your bfps real soon :)

Hi Ladies,

How is everyone doing? Its been a busy week so haven't been able to get on here much.

baby117, definitely trust your doctor. It is in their best interest to get you pregnant. Glad you got the meds sorted. We just went with our local pharmacy too.

Eab - sorry to hear you wasn't feeling too great, this journey does it to us all. Its unfair we have to go through it. On a positive note, pleased to hear the scans have gone well, any news on a stimming date yet?

Dazed, I will start stimming on 21st May so you'll be just a week ahead of me, are you itching to just get on with it now? I know I am.

Hope everyone else is ok and looking forward to the weekend.

:flower:

I hope you don't mind me popping on here ladies, am cheering you all on but special big love to the gorgeous Pinkie and Babydancing, my previous cycle buddies. The pom poms and ra ra skirt is out for some serious cheer leading, I hope so badly that this time is the one!

I am 44 and gave birth to my precious little Alexander 6 weeks ago, it was my 2nd IVF (long protocol) . If I can help anyone, please do ask away. I know how the journey can be so very tough but all things are possible.

Baby dust to everyone.

Xxx

Hello Ladies,

Dazed, I am about 2 and a half weeks ahead. You are almost in sync with Pinkie!

I will be cheering for all of you ladies.

baby117, good to hear you got your meds sorted out.

Emmi thank you so much for your post. It gave me a lot of hope. I am 39 and doing my second IVF protocol. This time is a long one. Praying for a STICKY BFP this time. It is nice to hear of people getting pregnant at older ages. I am a bit tired of hearing each and every doctor telling me how bad eggs are at my age ....

Feeling better here. Starting stimming on Monday and have my first monitoring appointment a week later. Before then, though, I will go for intralipid infusion once.

Wishing you all a great weekend! :hugs: and baby dust to us all :dust:

Emmi,

did you do genetic testing? How many did you transfer?

Hello Ladies,

Dazed, I am about 2 and a half weeks ahead. You are almost in sync with Pinkie!

I will be cheering for all of you ladies.

baby117, good to hear you got your meds sorted out.

Emmi thank you so much for your post. It gave me a lot of hope. I am 39 and doing my second IVF protocol. This time is a long one. Praying for a STICKY BFP this time. It is nice to hear of people getting pregnant at older ages. I am a bit tired of hearing each and every doctor telling me how bad eggs are at my age ....

Feeling better here. Starting stimming on Monday and have my first monitoring appointment a week later. Before then, though, I will go for intralipid infusion once.

Wishing you all a great weekend! :hugs: and baby dust to us all :dust:

Well just you remember that the nhs consultant told me that if I had IVF, there was no way that I could use my own eggs. Well there wasn't anything wrong with my eggs, okay they weren't the same as a 21 year old but still. The issues were with hubby and not me and the combination of that and age just made it a bit difficult to hit the jackpot. And in both cycles of IVF, I produced 15 or so mature eggs. And when I had Alexander, I had my chance of telling this consultant exactly what I thought!!

We are all so different in what the issues are etc but one thing I have learnt is that Doctors don't know everything, we can and do prove them very wrong!!

X

Emmi,

did you do genetic testing? How many did you transfer?

No we didn't have genetic testing, we may have done if we had to try a third time. As I was 43 at the time, my clinic allowed me to transfer 3 embryos. No blasto's and grade 1's, grade 2's and a grade 3! So whatever happens, please don't get caught up in all that, I a, testament that you can never tell what will be a sticky bean.

X

Hey Emmi, thanks for stopping by and cheering us on, going through your journey with you always gives me hope so I am sure it will do the same for the other ladies. Never give up on your dreams as you would say :hugs:

Eab, yay for stimming on Monday. Get lots of flow blood to those important areas.

Q: I am going on a hen do in a couple of weeks (I am going to have to fake the gin in all the tonic water I will be drinking). The hotel I am staying in has a spa and I thinking of booking a massage. There are quite a few different ones, any idea what to have and which ones to avoid as I will in the middle of down regging?

Emmi, thank you again so much for your supportive words! I will try my best and be relaxed no mater what my numbers are. I think we will do genetic testing. I really want to know that the embryos we put in are genetically normal. I cannot go through another loss ....

Pinkie, a massage is a great idea. I have read t is great during/prior IVF as it helps relaxing and get that blood flowing. I like deep tissue massage. I am not an expert on the different types, but I think at this point in the protocol you can just choose whatever pleases you more.
Enjoy your time :)

AFM Starting stimming in 24 hours. Getting hopeful again :)

Hello to everybody else :hugs:

I actually am and am not itching to get started. In actually delayed everything myself because of a hiccup at my clinic. I'm trying to stay zen. 2 days til I start Lupron

I actually am and am not itching to get started. In actually delayed everything myself because of a hiccup at my clinic. I'm trying to stay zen. 2 days til I start Lupron

Good luck Dazed! So, has your first stimming date changed?

Hey Emmi, thanks for stopping by and cheering us on, going through your journey with you always gives me hope so I am sure it will do the same for the other ladies. Never give up on your dreams as you would say :hugs:

Eab, yay for stimming on Monday. Get lots of flow blood to those important areas.

Q: I am going on a hen do in a couple of weeks (I am going to have to fake the gin in all the tonic water I will be drinking). The hotel I am staying in has a spa and I thinking of booking a massage. There are quite a few different ones, any idea what to have and which ones to avoid as I will in the middle of down regging?

Now I went to a spa during ivf and there were things that I had to avoid. Phone your clinic and double check to be on the safe side.

Dreams do come true, I am testament to that though I know how hard it can be :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Xxx

Emmi, thank you again so much for your supportive words! I will try my best and be relaxed no mater what my numbers are. I think we will do genetic testing. I really want to know that the embryos we put in are genetically normal. I cannot go through another loss ....

Pinkie, a massage is a great idea. I have read t is great during/prior IVF as it helps relaxing and get that blood flowing. I like deep tissue massage. I am not an expert on the different types, but I think at this point in the protocol you can just choose whatever pleases you more.
Enjoy your time :)

AFM Starting stimming in 24 hours. Getting hopeful again :)

Hello to everybody else :hugs:

I can see in your signature all that you have been through, just so sorry. But I hear good things about genetic testing so I really hope that it helps.
One day at a time, lots of positive people and things around you. I hope this turns into a wonderful lucky thread.:hugs:

Xx

Emmi, you are such a sweetheart <3
Indeed let's hope this thread is a lucky one!!

I am getting excited about starting stimming. First shot tonight :)

Good luck Dazed! So, has your first stimming date changed?

I should of actually already been swimming, but didn't want to rush things and possibly get a bad outcome because of the hiccup at my clinic so I delayed BCP's until my next cycle (current one). They said they could work with me, but I delayed.

Hey ladies - I'm back from Barbados and had an amazing time!!

Big welcome to all the new ladies joining and I wish you luck with your journey's. :)

Hi Emmi!! Hope all is going well with you and your little bundle of joy :)

Pinkie, I was told my by spa not to have deep tissue massage etc during IVF as it can cause contractions in the body. I am considering reflexology, but, again, they have to avoid certain areas. Check with the spa.

Now...back to the FET cycle...last day of crappy hormone tablets tomorrow, yay, then onto Buserelin we go and wait for AF to shed this lining.... Then, we will just build it right back up with estrogen, add some progesterone, a bit of HCG, and boom... ready for transfer....

Will it be 4th time lucky...god knows... x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->