Starting 2nd ivf cycle April/May

Out of curiosity, would y'all share how often your appointments were during IVF?

I am still in the TWW for my third IUI....scheduled for IVF next cycle if this is a no go.
My clinic does cycle IVF so they estimated starting the medicines around May 29, and egg retrieval is around June 8. (I am guessing I am on birth control until the 29th? I will meet with the nurse once we know about this IUI cycle)

I work a rather time consuming job (with some nights and some weekends).....so I am trying to figure out how I can load my June schedule.

Once you start the medicine, when do they do the first ultrasound? And as you go through the cycle, they do daily ultrasounds? I know it depends on how you stim but just curious if anyones clinic does group/cycle IVFs like mine....and maybe gave them some more insight. Or maybe you know from your own IVF cycle!

It seems like once the egg retrieval is done, there isn't much (maybe labs) until egg transfer, either 3 or 5 depending.

Welcome back BabyD, glad to hear you had a fabulous time in Barbados and everything is on track for the FET. Good luck with the injections tomorrow. 4th time will be lucky for you I have a good feeling about this thread.

Eab - how are the injections going?
Dazed - sorry I got a bit confused, has your cycle started early?

Ladies, I hope everyone else is getting on ok and having a good week.

I will give the spa a call and see what they recommend, they do offer a pregnancy massage so I wonder if that might be any good? AFM nothing else to report, just sitting here patiently waiting for Tues to get the endo scratch out the way.

:flower:

Out of curiosity, would y'all share how often your appointments were during IVF?

I am still in the TWW for my third IUI....scheduled for IVF next cycle if this is a no go.
My clinic does cycle IVF so they estimated starting the medicines around May 29, and egg retrieval is around June 8. (I am guessing I am on birth control until the 29th? I will meet with the nurse once we know about this IUI cycle)

I work a rather time consuming job (with some nights and some weekends).....so I am trying to figure out how I can load my June schedule.

Once you start the medicine, when do they do the first ultrasound? And as you go through the cycle, they do daily ultrasounds? I know it depends on how you stim but just curious if anyones clinic does group/cycle IVFs like mine....and maybe gave them some more insight. Or maybe you know from your own IVF cycle!

It seems like once the egg retrieval is done, there isn't much (maybe labs) until egg transfer, either 3 or 5 depending.

Good luck with the IUI, I hope this is successful for you so you don't need to worry about doing an IVF.

I think your appointments depend on your clinic, In my experience and looking at your dates I would say you will have a baseline scan on 29th May when you start stimming and a follicle scan on Fri 5th June and if they are pleased with the size you will trigger and go for egg collection on the 8th. If your follicles need to grow a little more then they will repeat the scan 2 days later and your egg collection will move to 2 days after that. Again depending on your embryos, your transfer can be any day between day 2 and 5. After the TWW, unless you have to go in for a pregnancy blood test you wont need any other appointments unless its for a 7 week pregnancy scan.

Hope that makes sense and helps? Good luck.

Welcome back BabyD!!!!!! I hope you had a great time, well rested and ready to go!!!!

Mrs L4 - You can actually ask your clinic for a sample IVF schedule. It will give you a good idea. I think for me, I have a baseline then I start injecting and I don't go back till day 5 then every other day till I trigger.

My schedule has me going for scans and blood work every other day when I start stimming.

Pinkie - I started a few days easily. I have been trying to loose weight for the past year, so my body is trying to find a new normal cycle. Last two were about 27 days. That's down from 31-32.

Day 2 on Lupton and all is to good. Did the injections myself, so it's taken about 5 minutes between prep and finding the courage to poke myself LOL! A time start in 2 weeks!

Dazed - Glad you aren't feeling any s/e from the Lupron...Yes the time it takes to build up the courage to poke is about 2-3 minutes for me LOL....
If you don't mind me asking, what did you do for your weight loss? I would like to drop a couple of lbs before I start in July. My BMI is at 26.5 and they want it below 25 ideally so I figured why not make it a goal. However, I am trying to find something I can do long term which isn't going to make me feel to restricted so I figured I would ask you.

I think I'm getting heart palps and headaches from the Lupron.

I work out 3-5 days a week about 1 hr per session and watch my calorie intake. I'm going to go crazy not being able to do my full workout once I start stims.

Hello Ladies,

I hope you are doing well!

MrsL4, as the other ladies said, it depends on the clinic. For my first IVF I went in for blood test on day 3 of stimulations and then every other day for ultrasound and blood, but the last few days I was going in every day. This time around (different clinic), I go in for monitoring after 7 days of stimulation! I am not sure after that, but my guess is every other day or every day for just a few days. Many clinics give very early appointments.

Dazed, sorry about the side effects. Lupron was giving me headaches too. I hope your body adjusts to it. How many more days on lupron? I am confused, when are you starting stimming?

Pinkie, your endo scratch is approaching! How are you feeling about it?
I am ok, tired of this long protocol... I am on day 4 of stimming...

Babyd, welcome back! It looks like our transfers might be only a week apart!

Hello to everybody else!

Tomorrow I will have my first intralipid infusion, then two more days until my first monitoring appointment. I have to say I dont mind going so late fo my first monitoring, I find it less stressful!

:hugs:

A time start May 14th. I'm not sure when I stop Lupron. I assume sometime during the A time cause I was told they use it to prevent ovulation.

hello ladies,
I just wanted to say hi. Not much to report here. I went for my intralipid infusion. It went smoothly and with no side effects. Tomorrow I have my first monitoring appointment. So far I am feeling somewhat relaxed about it.

Pinkie good luck with the endo scratch! Let us know how it goes.

Time is going by so fast. Some of you ladies will start stimulating pretty soon.

I hope you all had a great weekend.

:hugs:

Eab glad that hear the infusion went well. How long did it take?

Hi Ladies, hope everyone had a good weekend and for those in the UK having a good bank holiday. I spent the weekend with my best friends (we all live in different cities now) haven't laughed so much in ages, was just what I needed. Didn't touch a drop of alcohol but feel like I've got a hangover.

Dazed, sorry to hear about the side effects but glad you are getting on ok with the injections. It takes me a few 'on three' before I poke it in lol. Well done on your weight loss by the way.

Eab, glad the infusion went well, things are progressing well for you. Let us know how the appointment goes today. Do you have an idea of EC yet?

BabyD, how you getting on?

baby117, if you want something long term for weight loss I highly recommend slimming world. Its more of a healthy eating plan than a diet and find you are not restricted.

I have my endo scratch tomorrow, I am feeling ok about it. Not much I can do, I either go in calm or scared either way I have to have it done. The only thing is, my OH found out on Friday he has to go to London for an important meeting tomorrow so now I am going on my own which has made me a bit anxious. I am assuming this is ok because its only a minor procedure. Looking forward to getting things started now.

Well... We're down to 2. I had my egg retrieval on Friday, and they got 6 eggs, but come Saturday only two of them successfully fertilized. And my husbands numbers are always stellar, so I think this comes down to me. I'm still trying to remain hopeful about the two. We already have our DD, so we really really just need one. FXed :dust:

Congratulations on your two embryos Krissy, I hope they continue to do well. What are your plans? If they both continue to divide well will you transfer both?

Stay hopeful :flower:

Pinkie - Since we already have one child and our clinic is a bit against doing multiple transfers unless multiples are strongly desired by the couple - I think we'll just do one at a time and see how it goes. Either way we'll take a month off to let my body recover and then do our first FET in early June.

Good luck Krissy :dust: Like you said, you only need one.

Pinkie - thanks for the recommendation but I don't like in the US.....I am trying this whole 30 thing....it seems ok so far...

Krissy - it only takes 1 hun!

Hi Pinkie,

I am okay thanks. AF has just about finished, i'm on buserelin, and got down reg scan tomorrow. If lining is thin enough, then I will start Progynova to build it back up. I am eager to get to transfer as I am so fearful of my embies not surviving the thaw. I may officially break down if that's the case.... round 4 is taking it's toll.

How are you? I see your endo scratch is tomorrow. Good luck! Take a paracetamol or two before you go - it's not necessarily painful, but can be uncomfortable. They normally ask you to lie down for a little while afterwards to make sure you feel okay.

Krissy - good luck with your two embies. I hope they go to blastocysts for you. x

Hello Ladies,

I am feeling a bit discouraged. I am trying very hard to stay hopeful though. My first monitoring appointment did not go as well as I would have hoped. I do not seem to be responding nearly as well as I did on my first IVF which was a short protocol. This is a long protocol. I have already been stimulating for 7 days but today there were only a couple of follicles on each side and still small. I will increase the dose of medication and will go back on Friday. I was so hoping to have ER this week as I am so tired of injections already. Sigh... I know not all is lost, and that it only takes one good embie.... I just hope I get there.

Good luck Krissie! Did the two embies make it to blasto stage?

Pinkie, I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Sorry you will have to go alone. Good luck!

Hello to everybody else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->