Starting a gym routine while TTC/ eairly pregnancy

Sasha92

TTC #1 FX team pink
Reaction score
Hi Everybody.

I'm currently in my first TWW since my misscarrige 7 weeks ago and considering getting back into the gym as I seem to be getting a little bit big lol

I used to go gym loads while I was at uni about 3 years ago but I haven't gone lately so I'll be starting slow regardless but I plan to go 3-4 days a week.

I wanted to know if anybody had any tips of what workouts are and aren't safe while TTC and eairly pregnancy. I done some research online but if love to hear from you all :hugs:

My doctor told me to try to stick to lower impact workouts, use moderate weights when lifting, and that 30 min workouts would suffice. I had an issue with over exercising and lost my period for a while, so I definitely wanted to take it a little easier once TTC. Hope this helps and good luck!

I also recently suffered a MC (it was complete 11 days ago with a d&c but we found out about it 3.5 weeks ago). During my early pregnancy I felt so ill I rarely worked out, but before then I was very active. I worked out 5-6 days a week, spin class, weights, running...overall I considered myself to be in good shape. My doctor told me I could continue to do what I was doing, since my fitness level was high, but to listen to my body and as I got bigger, slow down if needed. I never got that chance as I felt so sick and then miscarried. I'm back the gym now (I went about 3 days after my d&c as I felt no pain/bleeding and was eager to get back to my old self) and I'm building my cardio back up. DH and I plan to TTC again in a month or so, or as soon as I get my cycles back. I plan to continue to listen to my body and workout as best I can.

Yeah I decided to go went 4 times last week did 3 soon classes so I was proud of myself aha thank you both :)

Sasha92 that's awesome!! It's so important to feel healthy and to feel good about yourself. Working out is good for you and as long as there's no health reason you shouldn't, I think it's a great thing to do while TTC. I find it helps me eat better, sleep better, feel better...overall, it makes me less stressed, and that's a good thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->