Starting a schedule

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
How do you go about starting a schedule? She's going on 8 weeks now and my classes started again today for the semester and its time to start one. I won't get anything done otherwise. Like how do I start getting her to feed at certain times and nap....etc?

You wont be able to have a super minute for minute schedule until she really starts eating solids etc. But if she wakes up at the same time, that is a good start now. Wake up, feed and change etc...

Are you actually going to school? Or just doing online/correspondence?

The schedule we have is eat every couple hours, she naps for a couple hours in the afternoong and goes to bed around 9... Thats pretty much all we have got now haha.

I'm doing 3 distance but I have to do scheduled hours every day or I'll never do it and end up failing. no motivation whatsoever :rofl:

The only really constant thing we have during the day right now is she always feeds at 11:30am. She's went to sleep the last 3 nights at 10pm too so I guess I'll keep doing that because it seems to be working. She naps during the day but its never at the same time or for the same length of time. She's still really all over the place

She still is quite young so your routine will have to be quite flexible. We started our routine with Max when he was about the same age...we started with having the same wake up time every morning so this reset his internal clock. So every day we get up at 7 and then his first feed is at 7.30 and I know he is generally up for 2(ish) hours at a time. I also have a set bedtime with a relaxing routine leading up to it. Yeah things change and so you have to change the routine slightly but depite what others will say I love my routine and I really think that Max enjoys it too, he knows whats coming when etc. Good luck! x

:headspin:Wow that sounds really difficult. I didn't know a routine was possible that early. Didn't even try it.
Will certainly give routines ago next time round

At such a young age it's going to be pretty hard.

Since you have a set bedtime for her, work around it.
Naps are quite hard to coordinate every day at the same time but you can try by working around those things that have a set time.

Just be prepared on the fact that she's gonna start teething in a couple of months and odds are any routine you set is gonna get pretty messed up.

She will probably start a little routine around 3 months. I have started a routine where I bathe Helena at 8 and then read her a story, put her in a sleeper, feed her a warm bottle and have her drink as much as possible (I used to just feed her room temp bottle but the warm one seems to make her sleep longer!) and put her in her crib with the aquarium. She has started sleeping right through the night with maybe 1 or 2 dream feeds. I have from about 8:30 on to do things. I have noticed she is now napping around the same time every day, so maybe she will put herself into a little schedule? I would just keep trying to lay her down in her crib at the same times every day?

the only consistant things i find is archie sleeps for 6 hours between 12-7 be it up at or bed at 1. and after hes morning bottle which wil tend to be about half 7 ish he will sleep for atleast an hour....lol the rest is pretty random xx
good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->