Starting IUI January and TTC #1 - anyone else?

Just got back from the clinic and had the IUI done. There were not really any follies to measure as O was just about to happen so they weren't round anymore and had changed shape. My lining looked good. I don't think DH found it particularly enjoyable but he was there and stood next to me. The funniest part was when the nurse asked him if he wanted to push on the plunger to inject the :spermy: :haha: He actually did it but was afraid of doing it wrong. So 2 follies in the process of being released:happydance: The sperm count was BTW 40 million so about 10 million more than last time:thumbup:

So now starts the waiting game:coffee:

Although I can't help but worry that the fact my body finishes the maturation process and releases the egg a bit quicker than is the norm after the trigger may mean my eggs stink:wacko:

Hey Kat,

Hey that's great news. They're good size follies in there.:happydance: Let's hope attempt #3 is lucky for you - I have everything crossed for you.

The tww is the worst thing ever for me - I hope that it flies by smoothly for you.

Can wait to hear your updates :thumbup:

Hey Kat,

Hey that's great news. They're good size follies in there.:happydance: Let's hope attempt #3 is lucky for you - I have everything crossed for you.

The tww is the worst thing ever for me - I hope that it flies by smoothly for you.

Can wait to hear your updates :thumbup:

Thanks Bajayby:flower:

I hate the 2WW myself:wacko: I don't have enough projects to help me pass the time. But I'm gonna try and just live my life as usual and see what happens:shrug:

Can't wait to hear your 3rd attempt results:flower: FXed :dust:

Hey Kat,

So how are you surviving tww? Are you feeling anything yet - have you any symptoms or do you generally stay clear of tuning into them?

AFM, the :witch: arrived bright and early this morning, so no luck of the Irish coming through here for me!! I'm gutted to say the least.

I'll be taking a break for a while from trying - this will give me a chance to save money and get on the healthy wagon and back to exercising and my hobby. I will be checking in every now and then as I'll be needing some advice on where to go from here.

I've everything crossed for you. :dust:

Hey Kat,

So how are you surviving tww? Are you feeling anything yet - have you any symptoms or do you generally stay clear of tuning into them?

AFM, the :witch: arrived bright and early this morning, so no luck of the Irish coming through here for me!! I'm gutted to say the least.

I'll be taking a break for a while from trying - this will give me a chance to save money and get on the healthy wagon and back to exercising and my hobby. I will be checking in every now and then as I'll be needing some advice on where to go from here.

I've everything crossed for you. :dust:

Guess I'm doing ok. Trying to avoid symptom spotting totally but trying to at least hold off until at earliest 6-7 dpiui since I won't implant before that time anyway, if indeed any eggs are fertilized. With my chemical last year (in April), I didn't feel much until around 9-10 dpo.

Awww so sorry, it did sound promising:hugs: Goes to show you can't trust those symptoms, I've felt pregnant for my 2 other IUIs without actually being it so there you go......:nope: Wonder if it has anything to do with the meds:-k

Anyway, you could start considering IVF? I know that if this round fails for me as well, we'll be automatically referred for IVF at our local hospital while the clinic does 3 more IUI rounds with me in case it suddenly pays off. Or maybe you could do 1 more IUI try? My nurse told me that it's within the norm for a BFP to come between your 1st-4th IUI, that is if IUI is going to work for you (with very low chances for the 5th-6th/7th tries). But it could be a waste of time:shrug: What are the waiting periods like to start IVF? Because if they're like here, you may want to get that ball rolling, depending on how long a break you want to take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->