Starting IUI January and TTC #1 - anyone else?

Well i think im considering myself BFP today... Cautiously.

I had my hpts go blank again after trigger and now after four progressively darker hpts im actually accepting that its true!! I will likely be going for bloods on wednesday to confirm it!

Wow mississippi, that's great news :happydance: fx for a sticky bean :flower:

AFM, I'm planning on testing tomorrow eve if :af: doesn't show. Fx it doesn't :nope:
I've had some spotting yesterday and today, so i'm not sure what to expect really.

She's tried 2 different psychiatrists and none of them have been helping her. I honestly don't know what they're telling her:wacko: Other than she shouldn't take people's rude/hurtful comments to heart because it's her problem, not theirs. She doesn't understand that sometimes you have to tell people that that was hurtful and that you'd appreciate it if they didn't do/say that again:dohh: She constantly tells me to do this any time e.g. DH says something a bit hurtful and I tell him not to say that. She says it's because it's my issue and I shouldn't burden my DH with any of my issues:wacko: She seems to think her psychiatrist's advice to her can be used for everyone else, not seeming to realize that his advice is pertaining to her and may not be applicable for everyone else or in all situations:nope:

The problem is how to bring it up because I'm not sure she realizes that she has self-esteem issues. I'm not even sure she'd be open to help or honesty either. Just see her reaction when me or anyone else tells her that her criteria and method for finding men is flawed and she needs to do something else - she just clams up and keeps on doing the same thing and continuing to complain about her men troubles. Sometimes I'm not allowed to have a problem. I remember New Years 2013 when she came over to get ready with me. I started talking about how I was a bit sad that I wasn't pregnant yet. Her reply in a teary voice: "At least you have a husband and will have children, I'll never have a husband or children!" I was so annoyed because I was looking for support and here she was, taking center stage....again!

I don't mean to sound cruel, it's just that I can't stand her crying over these loser men when numerous people have told her to change her crieteria and where she finds them but she does nothing to try our advice and see what happens. Which makes me doubt she truely wants help or wants to change:nope: Think I need to tell her we don't want to hear about her man troubles because we've given her great advice on how to find a nice guy but she refuses to try it.

Hi Kat,

You're not sounding cruel at all, some people just need the direct approach - you've tried all you can with your friend.
We have a friend who thrives with drama...everywhere she turns there's drama following her...brought on by herself, of course. We just had to take a step back from her for our own sanity and to remove the stress of it from our lives. Sometimes you just gotta be cruel to be kind and I say that in a nice way. You gotta look after yourself.

Thanks Bajayby, I was afraid I was starting to sound like a horrible person:wacko: But she really is too much. I still remember her inviting herself on our last ski trip before we started TTCing:wacko: Bear in mind DH and I ski no worse than red slopes as I'm still learning. Turns out she couldn't ski at all and when I made it clear we skiied on the harder slopes and we would end up having to pick her up constantly (as she refused to go to ski school), she said "I don't mind" with no consideration how it'd destroy our ski trip:wacko: We ended up talking her out of it because of how much it'd cost her to buy ski clothes (I think she assumed I had plenty to borrow her which I certainly don't). She still talks about going on a vacation with us and we keep side-stepping but can't figure out why she can't see the strange thing in being a 3rd wheel on a married couple's vacation:dohh:

Yes, we'll have to be more direct with her as she doesn't seem to understand anything else:dohh:

Well started menapur injections last night. Inserting the needle was a little daunting but I managed. My dose is 150 so I had to mix 2 vials. It was a bit complicated and I was worried I would do it wrong. I wish the nurse had used actual models instead of drawing me pictures on paper.

My FMU OPK today showed even lighter than yesterday. I guess that's how menapur works, removes the LH from my system? Even though the RE didn't tell me I'm going to keep testing until the IUI on Saturday. We're BD also but FIL visited all day and ruined our streak! Oh well back at it tonight I hope.

Well started menapur injections last night. Inserting the needle was a little daunting but I managed. My dose is 150 so I had to mix 2 vials. It was a bit complicated and I was worried I would do it wrong. I wish the nurse had used actual models instead of drawing me pictures on paper.

My FMU OPK today showed even lighter than yesterday. I guess that's how menapur works, removes the LH from my system? Even though the RE didn't tell me I'm going to keep testing until the IUI on Saturday. We're BD also but FIL visited all day and ruined our streak! Oh well back at it tonight I hope.

Wow yeah that sounds a bit complicated mixing from 2 vials:wacko: I'm so glad my Puregon is taken in pen form so just have to put a needle on, adjust the amount and ready to go:haha:

I just looked up what Menopur is as I wasn't sure:
Menopur injection contains human menopausal gonadotrophin (sometimes known as menotrophin) as the active ingredient. Human menopausal gonadotrophin is a combination of two naturally-occurring female hormones, follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinising hormone (LH), extracted and purified from the urine of post-menopausal women.

From what I could read from the article I found (https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/pregnancy/medicines/menopur.html) it sounds like you'll be taking a trigger shot? The trigger will induce O. If it's like the one I took 36 hours before my IUI, it'll induce O within 38-42 hours after you take it. I'd advise you to not BD after you trigger as it's best to have as many :spermy: as possible for the actual IUI. DH abstained for 2½ days which was a bit much, I would think 2 days should suffice and was what our clinic recommended.

Good luck sugargully, hope it works :dust:

. I'd advise you to not BD after you trigger as it's best to have as many :spermy: as possible for the actual IUI. DH abstained for 2½ days which was a bit much, I would think 2 days should suffice and was what our clinic recommended.

Yes we have to stop 3 days prior, so Wednesday. My hubby had a vasectomy reversal in August so his numbers are good but not great. The nurse told us to DB but then to conserve after Wednesday. He's actually due for another SA but it will have to wait until after Saturday.

Thanks for the info on menopur. I'm scheduled to trigger on Thursday if the u/s and blood work look good. I'm only allowed up to 4 ready follies. Anymore than that and the cycle will be canceled. I'm secretly hoping for twins but I can't tell DH or the RE. Both are against the idea. I think they're concerned about my age which makes sense.

. I'd advise you to not BD after you trigger as it's best to have as many :spermy: as possible for the actual IUI. DH abstained for 2½ days which was a bit much, I would think 2 days should suffice and was what our clinic recommended.

Yes we have to stop 3 days prior, so Wednesday. My hubby had a vasectomy reversal in August so his numbers are good but not great. The nurse told us to DB but then to conserve after Wednesday. He's actually due for another SA but it will have to wait until after Saturday.

Thanks for the info on menopur. I'm scheduled to trigger on Thursday if the u/s and blood work look good. I'm only allowed up to 4 ready follies. Anymore than that and the cycle will be canceled. I'm secretly hoping for twins but I can't tell DH or the RE. Both are against the idea. I think they're concerned about my age which makes sense.

Ok that sounds good, better go with what your RE told you than:flower:

Wow 4 follies??!! At my clinic, they only allow 3 follies, any more than that and the IUI is cancelled:wacko: Strange that there's a difference:shrug:

Here's hoping :dust:

Hi girls,

Im sad to say that I'm out this month :cry: AF showed up this morning. I had tested yesterday evening and got a :bfn: :cry:

Here's wishing you all the best of luck, fx'd for you all :thumbup:

Hi girls,

Im sad to say that I'm out this month :cry: AF showed up this morning. I had tested yesterday evening and got a :bfn: :cry:

Awww so sorry Bajayby:hug: Will you be going through with IUI #2 right away? Hope you see your BFP next time :dust:

Hi girls,

Awww so sorry Bajayby:hug: Will you be going through with IUI #2 right away? Hope you see your BFP next time :dust:

Hi girls,

Thanks for your support.

Yes, straight back in the saddle, as they say :haha:. I want to go again straight away. When I had my us done las time, it showed one mature follie from the right and three developing on the left...I'm hoping the three (or two) from the left will come through for me this time around and I'll be in with a better chance. Who knows though?
I'll be starting my meds again tomorrow eve, so here's hoping :winkwink:

OK, I'll be doing the same if this IUI is a bust :flower:

Although I'm not sure that those follicles you had will still be there:shrug: I think after O the body drops any follicles that weren't released and starts all over again with maturing new follicles. So I think you're back to square one when your cycle begins and you start to mature new ones.

Will you be on the same dosage? My clinic wants to up my dosage a bit if I need to do IUI#2, maybe to get one more follicle out of me since I "only" had 2 on IUI day :shrug:

Although I'm not sure that those follicles you had will still be there:shrug: I think after O the body drops any follicles that weren't released and starts all over again with maturing new follicles. So I think you're back to square one when your cycle begins and you start to mature new ones.

Will you be on the same dosage? My clinic wants to up my dosage a bit if I need to do IUI#2, maybe to get one more follicle out of me since I "only" had 2 on IUI day :shrug:

I'll remain on the same meds this time around and the same dose. You might be right about the other follies. I do hope that I'll have follies that are maturing and hopefully more than one this time!! But if I have one and it works out, that will be just perfect :winkwink:

I hope that you're keeping well.

I'll remain on the same meds this time around and the same dose. You might be right about the other follies. I do hope that I'll have follies that are maturing and hopefully more than one this time!! But if I have one and it works out, that will be just perfect :winkwink:

I hope that you're keeping well.

Ok was a bit curious since my clinic wants to up mine. Here's hoping you make more than one this time:happydance:

I'm doing pretty well thanks and just taking things easy. Trying not to read too much into anything and just see if AF shows up on Sunday or Monday. I'll be going to my DH's grandmother's birthday lunch on Sunday. Would be great if I did get my BFP on Tuesday so we could surprise her on her brithday week and let her know great grandchild #3 is on the way:winkwink: But I'm not counting on it though, it'd just be nice:blush:

Hope you're feeling better about needing another IUI and here's hoping :dust:

Yes, I'm good, looking forward to getting started again. Not looking forward to the TWW though.

Best of luck to you and yes, that would be a nice surprise for your DH's grandmother - sending you some lucky baby dust :dust:

^ wss is correct.. They dont continue month to month , new follies each month

So bad news everyone, AF came today:nope: So we're heading for IUI#2. I'll be calling the clinic tomorrow as AF will be full-blown tomorrow. Oh well, didn't have high hopes anyway, partly due to my age. I'm blaming myself for my old eggs and DH is blaming himself for having spilt some of the sample:nope: Nothing to be done now other than hope #2 is our lucky number:shrug: Maybe I'll have 3 eggs instead of the 2 I had as they'll be upping my dose a bit:happydance: Think it's all chance as I've read of people having 3-4 eggs on one IUI and getting a BFN and then having 1-2 for their next IUI and getting a BFP.

Anyway told my sister and this was her reply: "Just got my period too..ughhh. Sorry...keep trying....":dohh: Like what do I care she got AF as well when she has 2 children and isn't trying for #3:nope: Geez my family is really hopeless when it comes to supporting me:dohh:

UPDATE: Called the clinic today and got an appointment for U/S #1 tomorrow afternoon. Good thing I took an HPT anyway early this morning because she asked me if I had. Why did I have a sneaking suspicion they would ask :shrug: Totally crazy since I'm bleeding waaay too much (plus I'm cramping) for it to be anything but AF :dohh: They must've been busy this morning since I was on hold for like 6 minutes.

So here we go again!

So took my 1st injection for IUI #2 last night and it was a breeze:flower: Amazing how easy it gets to stick yourself with needles when you've tried it a few times before:haha: I've been using a premanent marker to mark where the plunger is before each shot to make sure I'm getting my dose as I think the nurse was suddenly unsure since she felt I had too much extra in the ampule last time. Which I don't get as it wasn't more than a tad over 50 IU and I'd heard they fill those 300 IU ones with 50-100 IU extra so it could've been just one that had 100 IU extra? Anyway using the marker will ensure I'm getting what I should so there's no question of it this time:winkwink:

So how is it going with everyone else? This thread has gotten quiet:blush:

Hey Kat, so sorry that AF got you. I hope that it's not too bad for you. My AF after my first IUI was soooooo baaaaaddd!!! I had awful cramps the first and second evening...felt like my insides were falling out!!

That's great that you're straight onto the second IUI. Things like the injecting does get easier second time around. I have my fx'd for you getting a BFP this time around..I hope that two is your lucky number too :dust:

AFM, I'm going in tomorrow for my third US & bloods this week - it'll be cd11 for me. I have three follies in the right ovary not going anywhere. In the left ovary, I have two small and two big follies maturing this time around :happydance: The two small ones are way behind in size to the other two, so fx'd they're not gonna be any barrier to the IUI going ahead. Hopefully they bigger ones will have grown enough for me to have my IUI this weekend.
It's my OH birthday tomorrow, so it will be exciting if we have the IUI tomorrow :winkwink:

I'm feeling a bit more relaxed about everything this time around. I suppose it's down to the fact that I know what's coming for me.

Nope my AF was pretty normal, sorry yours was so bad, wonder why that is:wacko:

I would think they only count the follies that are big enough or very close to being big enough when it comes to going through with the IUI or not. But aren't you supposed to preferably trigger before an IUI:wacko: I had to trigger 36 hours before the IUI so that the sperm are inserted right before O (the trigger I use makes you O 38-42 hours after you take it). It's thought to be the most optimal timing and give a higher success rate. Strange you trigger first afterwards:shrug:

I'm taking things easy as well. Got to take my mind off of anything IUI- related tonight for 3 hours as I was at an earring making course for beginners. It was a lot of fun and we got to make 1 pair of earrings that was included in the price of the course. Totally got to design what we wanted to make. We were only 5 women at the course. The course was part of a Christmas gift from my MIL that I first got around to doing now. So now I can get busy making earrings and practice my technique :happydance: When I get better I may make earrings for my MIL, DH's grandmother and DH's little brother's girlfriend as gifts:blush:

Anyway good luck tomorrow :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"