Starting IUI January and TTC #1 - anyone else?

Hi Kat,

Aw that's a lovely present. I'm glad that you enjoyed the course and that you have something to enjoy at the end of it.

AFM, on my first IUI, I was ovulating naturally on the day of IUI, so the clinic advised to take the 'trigger' as a backup...although I didn't need it.
We went to the clinic this morning, follies are nice and big, lining is thickening nicely and LH is is on the up.
I triggered today, so will be back in the clinic tomorrow for my IUI :thumbup: We've got everything crossed hoping that the :spermy: count and motility will be good tomorrow.

How are you feeling today?

Hi Kat,

Aw that's a lovely present. I'm glad that you enjoyed the course and that you have something to enjoy at the end of it.

AFM, on my first IUI, I was ovulating naturally on the day of IUI, so the clinic advised to take the 'trigger' as a backup...although I didn't need it.
We went to the clinic this morning, follies are nice and big, lining is thickening nicely and LH is is on the up.
I triggered today, so will be back in the clinic tomorrow for my IUI :thumbup: We've got everything crossed hoping that the :spermy: count and motility will be good tomorrow.

How are you feeling today?

Yes it really was. The other part of the present was a small fortune in beads and earring hooks and stuff to make earrings with:wacko: I was waiting until I had the course and had a better idea of what I'm doing before digging in:haha: So will have to get creative and see what I come up with:blush:

So great Bajayby:happydance: Here's hoping this IUI goes better than the last one :dust:

I'm doing fine. Just made 3 pairs of earrings with some of the stuff I bought after the course (the store had 10% off for everyone taking the course, who can say no to that?). Haven't really had any ovary twinges yet (don't remember when they started last time) but there are twinges in my breasts so here's hoping the Puregon is doing it's magic:happydance:

Here's hoping it's lucky #2 for both of us:happydance: Looking forward to hearing how your IUI goes this time:thumbup:

Fx'd for you too Kat. Hopefully we can be bump buddies :flower:

Thanks Mississippi03:flower: I'm hoping that at my 2nd U/S on Tuesday I'll be ready to trigger:happydance: So hopefully I'll have my IUI sometime at the end of next week:thumbup:

Hope your pregnancy is going well:flower:

Pregnancy this early is like being in limbo land..
No symptoms
No testing
No belly
No telling people

I cant comprehend it most days lol i wish we didnt find out til like three months haha when drs were prepared to see us

Pregnancy this early is like being in limbo land..
No symptoms
No testing
No belly
No telling people

I cant comprehend it most days lol i wish we didnt find out til like three months haha when drs were prepared to see us

Don't symptoms first normally show up between 6-8 weeks along? So that seems within the norm. I wouldn't tell anyone that early either:nope: DH and I were thinking after 3 months so we're pretty sure it's a sticky bean. When it happens that is:haha: Think we'll enjoy having it as a little secret between us during that time:cloud9:

Don't you get a scan at 8 weeks? My clinic offers a scan at 8 weeks along to see if there's a heartbeat and if it's looking good.

I have one at 6 weeks (thursday)... Which you should be able to hear a hb but its not gauranteed that early.. Otherwise i have no idea.. Ive applied for a midwife but dont hear about for another week as to if they will accept me.. So i have nooidea whats going on lol

I have one at 6 weeks (thursday)... Which you should be able to hear a hb but its not gauranteed that early.. Otherwise i have no idea.. Ive applied for a midwife but dont hear about for another week as to if they will accept me.. So i have nooidea whats going on lol

Wow 6 weeks yeah that sounds a bit early:-k You'd think 8 weeks would be better with much more of a garantee.

But isn't it pretty much garanteed you get a midwife?

I think i will because i got my bfp early and signed up asap.. But im sure they case consult based on availability, vacations etc... We only have one clinic of like ten midwives here. So you have one main and two back ups.

So just got back from the clinic for my 3rd U/S and it looks like only 2 of those 3 eggs in my right ovary are going to reach to mature. But that's ok, still a slightly higher chance of it working with 2 follies than if I only had 1:happydance:

I wasn't 100% ready to trigger so will need to take Puregon tonight and Saturday night, then trigger late Sunday night and have my IUI on Tuesday morning.

So just got back from the clinic for my 3rd U/S and it looks like only 2 of those 3 eggs in my right ovary are going to reach to mature. But that's ok, still a slightly higher chance of it working with 2 follies than if I only had 1:happydance:

I wasn't 100% ready to trigger so will need to take Puregon tonight and Saturday night, then trigger late Sunday night and have my IUI on Tuesday morning.

That's great KatO79, sounds good. I have my fx'd for you that this will be your month. :dust:

Thanks Bajayby:flower:

The nurse was also very reassuring and told me it's pretty unusual for the 1st IUI to work in her experience. She says that it's mostly the 2nd and 3rd IUI that gives a BFP and of course the very occasional BFP between the 4th and 6th IUI.

So maybe that'll reassure you as well to know:winkwink:

So how's your 2nd IUI going?

So today was the day:thumbup:

I think it went well. DHs sperm count was 30 million and she said that was good. The only thing was I'd already Oed so she couldn't measure the 2 follies but since she could see that it had just happened, our chances aren't decreased at all and should be good.

FXed:flower:

So as you can see 2nd IUI didn't work and we're currently doing IUI #3. My Puregon dose was upped from 66 to 75 IU so here's hoping for 3 follies:thumbup: I'll find out tomorrow how things are going.

How is it going Bajayby with your IUI? Haven't heard from you in a while.

So as you can see 2nd IUI didn't work and we're currently doing IUI #3. My Puregon dose was upped from 66 to 75 IU so here's hoping for 3 follies:thumbup: I'll find out tomorrow how things are going.

Hi Kat,

Aw, so sorry to hear that your 2nd IUI didn't work - that makes two of us!! Fx'd for you for your third one.:dust:

I haven't been on this thread as I couldn't rem the name of it and didn't know how to find what threads I had posted on - I still don't!! I'm still learning :coffee:

I'm in my tww of my third IUI and today I am 9dpiui (10dp trigger shot). I did a test this morning and was really gutted to see a BFN!!! :cry: I can't believe it, I'm sitting here crying as I'm typing!! I can't believe this is happening again!!

I've been having the 'symptoms'... weird cramping in my lower abdomen - not the sort that you experience after the IUI procedure - thinking it could have been implantation.., sore bbs, I've been feeling very hot on/off....this time it all feels very different from last two times...and maybe that's the way it's meant to be, I don't know.

I've been in work all day and my body was there but not my mind - I couldn't wait to get home so that I could have a good cry for myself. I'm feeling so sorry for myself right now.....and anger and blaming myself for not doing all of this sooner. But then again, with the blame thing, on the other hand, I'm saying to myself, well I wasn't really ready for it before now for various reasons.

I know that there's still a bit of hope as 9days is prob still a bit early...but I can't help feeling so upset. I have been extremely hopeful up to doing the test this morning and now I feel really deflated.

So sorry for the rant!!

Hi Kat,

Aw, so sorry to hear that your 2nd IUI didn't work - that makes two of us!! Fx'd for you for your third one.:dust:

I haven't been on this thread as I couldn't rem the name of it and didn't know how to find what threads I had posted on - I still don't!! I'm still learning :coffee:

I'm in my tww of my third IUI and today I am 9dpiui (10dp trigger shot). I did a test this morning and was really gutted to see a BFN!!! :cry: I can't believe it, I'm sitting here crying as I'm typing!! I can't believe this is happening again!!

I've been having the 'symptoms'... weird cramping in my lower abdomen - not the sort that you experience after the IUI procedure - thinking it could have been implantation.., sore bbs, I've been feeling very hot on/off....this time it all feels very different from last two times...and maybe that's the way it's meant to be, I don't know.

I've been in work all day and my body was there but not my mind - I couldn't wait to get home so that I could have a good cry for myself. I'm feeling so sorry for myself right now.....and anger and blaming myself for not doing all of this sooner. But then again, with the blame thing, on the other hand, I'm saying to myself, well I wasn't really ready for it before now for various reasons.

I know that there's still a bit of hope as 9days is prob still a bit early...but I can't help feeling so upset. I have been extremely hopeful up to doing the test this morning and now I feel really deflated.

So sorry for the rant!!

You can just go in on "User CP" which is on the upper left corner and it should show you if any threads have been updated. If you have already clicked on it and the thread isn't updated in the meantime, you just click on "View All Subscribed Threads" on the right side under "New Subscribed Threads" and every thread you've taken part in should pop up:flower:

Awww:hugs: I think 9 dpiui is still pretty early to test. I'd wait until 12 or 13 dpiui to test again. I know another lady from another thread that first got a really faint BFP at 11 dpo and it's first obvious today at 12 dpo. My clinic always tells me to test at 16 dpiui if AF hasn't arrived but that's probably because by then if you're pregnant you should see a pretty obvious line (if you're within the norm although HCG doubling time can vary and some first get a BFP at 5 or 6 weeks). I admit your symptoms do sound promising so try again around 12 dpiui or 13 dpiui. You're not out until AF rears her ugly head:winkwink:

I totally get where you're coming from with feeling bad for waiting until now to TTC. I've been speculating myself if I left it a bit late since I started when I was 34½ (turning 36 May 1st) and if things had been easier if we started when I was 31-33. But it's impossible to know really:shrug: And I don't think it really helps to think too much about it. It's not like we can go back in time and find out. If you weren't ready for a baby before you started TTCing, then that was the right decision. I feel like you also need to be emotionally ready for a child before having one so you're ready to prioritize that baby and meet his/her needs.

I hope you soon feel better and don't give up just yet, you're still in the game:happydance: FXed:flower:

Thanks for the little lesson Kat - I'll try to remember that :thumbup:

I know that it can still be +ve until at least AF arrives, so yes you're right, im still in the game.

Thanks for listening too.

When do you go in for monitoring?

Thanks for the little lesson Kat - I'll try to remember that :thumbup:

I know that it can still be +ve until at least AF arrives, so yes you're right, im still in the game.

Thanks for listening too.

When do you go in for monitoring?

No problem:flower:

I was actually in today:blush: I've got 2 follies, 1 in each ovary:thumbup: I think one was at 14 mm and the other at 16 mm. So the nurse wanted me to take Puregon tonight and trigger Friday morning. The IUI is Saturday morning, about 24-25 hours after I trigger. I'm guessing the IUI isn't at the 36 hour mark like last time because I Oed by the time my last IUI had to be done so maybe this is to be sure I don't O before:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->