Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

PGLady, our posts crossed!

I'm starting my d-reg injections next week, so I think I'll be first to start - I'll be doing 1 a day at the same time every day. I think lots of people opt for doing it before bed, but I'm still making up my mind on that - I usually go to bed around 10pm and I know I've got a few evenings out in the run up to xmas, so it might be easier to do them in the morning before work, even if it means getting up a bit early at the weekends.

Don't know anything about the sniffing though, so Sambatiki will have to fill us in on how that works. Sambatiki, are you going to be on the pill before starting d-regging or do you just go straight to that on day 21?

PGLady, our posts crossed!

I'm starting my d-reg injections next week, so I think I'll be first to start - I'll be doing 1 a day at the same time every day. I think lots of people opt for doing it before bed, but I'm still making up my mind on that - I usually go to bed around 10pm and I know I've got a few evenings out in the run up to xmas, so it might be easier to do them in the morning before work, even if it means getting up a bit early at the weekends.

Don't know anything about the sniffing though, so Sambatiki will have to fill us in on how that works. Sambatiki, are you going to be on the pill before starting d-regging or do you just go straight to that on day 21?

Sorry SophieBee, I use an iPhone and find it hard to keep track cos the screen's small (plus I'm a bit crap). :dust: to you too!
Thanks for the info about injections, were you joking about space in the fridge? My in laws are staying over Xmas and don't know. Not sure if we can/ should keep it from them. Suppose it's better than keeping a months worth of pee samples in my freezer for progesterone tests, hope I won't need to do that again!

Hi ladies

On my phone atm so apologies for any mistakes! I'm not on bcp's straight to d-reg on cd21. I believe I sniff 1x a day until withdrawl bleed then 2x a day after 12 hrs apart. There is a link to my journo on the last page and I think it explains everything quite well.

Sophie - good luck with your first jab! I can't believe you're starting so soon... Exciting!!!

Pglady - are you going to be regular long protocol too?

Hippie - hey! :wave:

I use my phone too, plus it is very easy to lose track of where everyone is in the process, so don't worry. I've just changed phones and don't have a clue what I'm doing anymore!

I wasn't joking about the fridge. All my Gonal-F pens and the Ovitrelle shot had to go immediately into the fridge. The buserelin is kept at room temperature, which is just as well really as I would have run out of room. Luckily they all squeezed into one of the salad crispers, so they are not on show to any visitors. It was a bit unexpected though...

Have a good day ladies x

Hi ladies

On my phone atm so apologies for any mistakes! I'm not on bcp's straight to d-reg on cd21. I believe I sniff 1x a day until withdrawl bleed then 2x a day after 12 hrs apart. There is a link to my journo on the last page and I think it explains everything quite well.

Sophie - good luck with your first jab! I can't believe you're starting so soon... Exciting!!!

Pglady - are you going to be regular long protocol too?

Hippie - hey! :wave:

Hi Sambatiki, thanks for the info, I'll have a look at your journo. Yes, I'm on the regular long protocol too (no bcp). Will call in around 14th Dec that makes my first sniff/ jab around 3rd Jan. Another thread posted this link to a calculator I have found v helpful www.ivf.ca/calcu2.htm It says the earliest date I can do a test is 14th Feb, which happens to be our unofficial 10th anniversary, no pressure :wacko:

On the laptop tonight so makes things loads easier.... Ive been REALLY naughty and checked out EDD based on egg collection week commencing 23rd Jan and Im looking at 16th October EDD.... :haha: I know Im probably getting far too excited about it.. but Ive figured that if it doesnt work then Im going to be devasted no matter what anyway.

Ive decided that Im going to test from trigger... so I can see it disappear and then fingers crossed reappear :haha:

Still no news from drug company or clinic, hoping that it will happen next week.

PG - WOW!! Thats an amazing date to celebrate your :bfp: would be the best anniversary present in the world!

Sophie - The nurse showed us all the drugs at our session and I was very :shock: Very worried about mixing the stims up! Was never very good at chemistry :haha:

Hippie - Hope youre well hun xxx

Hello all, thought I'd check in though not much to report. I'm now a week or less away from :witch: and starting to get pretty excited/ nervous about it, but also trying not to think about it too much! It feels like absolute AGES since I rang in last month to try and get started and was turned down, which is why I'm trying not to think about it too much, I think I'd be a heck of a lot more upset if I was turned down for the 2nd time!
Re: down regs I will have to speak to them about sniffing as I have chronic rhinitis & allergies which means I blow my nose all the time, will probably have to have injections instead but so far I've not had a chance to make any decisions for myself I've just been told so they'll most probably just tell me what to do either way.

Sophie - The nurse showed us all the drugs at our session and I was very :shock: Very worried about mixing the stims up! Was never very good at chemistry :haha:

Hippie - Hope youre well hun xxx

Hi Samba thanks for that, made me think it might be a good idea to take a notebook to write down all the instructions and maybe use it as a diary too for when I will have to start all the injections, make sure it's all done properly. Heard that the clinic will keep a close eye but maybe keeping a diary will be an additional incentive to really think about any changes is health, body & mind.

The good news is that the swelling from the lap is now completely gone so at leay my waist is back to normal, hopefully not for too long :winkwink:
Have a top week-end everybody! :thumbup:

Still nothing from either the clinic or the drug company... If I havent heard anything by Wednesday Ive got to call up. It does feel like its going sooooo slooooow.

Hippie - I havent been taught about he mixing yet... they teach you all that after the D-reg scan apparently so its nice and fresh in your mind iygwim. Really pleased that your tum is getting back to normal :thumbup: Hope that the slag bag arrives soon so you can start xxx Oooh also we got offered a choice of sniffing or jabbing so Im sure you'll get that choice too xxx

Hope everyone has a fab weekend xxx

Hello all

Samba, how annoying that you still haven't heard anything :growlmad:
This hanging around bit is the worst, that's for sure. I pretty much can't wait to start sticking a needle in my tummy every day, which is something I never thought I'd be saying :haha:

Just a few more days to go! I have finally decided on morning injections - I can be much more sure of controlling the time that way. I've had a bit of a research on the interwebs and it seems that you are no more or less likely to feel rubbish whatever time you take it, so 7am injections it is! Will let you know how it goes, but from the practice I know that it is pretty straight forward and doesn't hurt, so I'm sure I'll be fine - just the side effects to worry about really :wacko:

Glad to hear the swelling has gone down hippie - hoping that you get a very different kind of swelling very soon :thumbup:

PGLady, thanks for posting that link - had heaps of fun with it! I think the dates won't quite match up for me because of xmas - it has me starting daily blood tests on 25/12 which isn't going to happen, obviously - but I really enjoyed having a play. I quite liked the way it gave due dates for singletons and twins (yikes!) - Samba, you're not the only one who had a play with that calculator :haha:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I made the mistake of going shopping in central London today - along with the whole wide world, apparently. Blimey...

Hello all

Samba, how annoying that you still haven't heard anything :growlmad:
This hanging around bit is the worst, that's for sure. I pretty much can't wait to start sticking a needle in my tummy every day, which is something I never thought I'd be saying :haha:
Tell me about it! I used to be terrified of blood tests, now it's almost second nature. I've always been a lot more scared of possible reactions to the drugs and the thought of it all being for nothing, rather than the needle bit. I can get pretty horrendous PMS and the thought of having massive doses of those hormones pumped into my body literally keeps me awake at night. The only consolation is that it's only for a short period of time.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I made the mistake of going shopping in central London today - along with the whole wide world, apparently. Blimey...
Funnily enough, I was in London too today! Well, mostly in a place in Essex but had to travel there from Euston & back. Went on a day trip to see a close friend who had her 2nd baby in September. I thought I'd bother me a bit but was happy to find that it really didn't and it was so nice to be able to really talk to someone I'm close to who also had trouble conceiving. She's also 5 years older than me and her eldest is almost 2 and a half which gives me high hopes :thumbup:
Saying stuff out loud when I told her what happens next really made it feel more real and also made me more sure of the decisions that we've taken so far about what to do in what scenarios. Should be getting to ring the clinic requesting to start treatment by the end of this coming week, will have to try very hard not to stress about it, eeek!!!

Hope everyone is having a good week-end too x:flower:

Hello everyone from the frozen north! Hope Mr Snowman doesn't cause us any trouble :xmas8:

Glad to hear progress of sorts for everyone - any news on the drugs yet Sambatiki? TBH I thought that the hospital would give them to us - shows how much I know! You're so close, this must be really frustrating.

I hope everything goes as planned for you hippie when the old bag finally turns up, you deserve a break and have been waiting so looong. Will keep everything crossed. Good to have people to talk with too. We need our friends (and each other) at times like these.:flower: I know what you mean about the effects of the drugs, that's the main worry I have too. Work is stressful at the best of times and this might make me turn into a raving loony (no change there then). Better keep my head down and not do too much decision making or politicking...

SophieBee, wowsers, 7am injections over the holidays, that's dedication! Your reasoning is very convincing, so much so that I think I'll probably end up doing something similar.

:hugs: to everyone

Hi Ladies!

Hope you all had a nice weekend!

Still no call from the drug company, need to call them on monday if they havent called this week.

I'll be sniffing at 5.30pm at night and then when I go to twice a day 5.30am as well. It fits better in with my work as I start at 7am and dont fancy sniffing at work... even if it is discreet :haha:

PGLady - How much snow have you got??? I bet thats enough to keep you entertained for a little while. :haha:

Hippie - Glad you had a nice time with your friend in London. Does she know that you are cycling this month? Fingers crossed that the d-regging doesnt leave any of us feeling to horrid.

Sophie - YAYYY for 7am jabs!! How much longer have you got left?

I start jabbing tomorrow morning :happydance:

It's just as well I chose mornings as I'm going to be out late tomorrow at a work function, so will be back later than my usual 10pm bedtime. Add to that the work xmas party on Friday and a gig next week and it was just going to be too many times doing a late injection. I think the early mornings might be a bit of a pain at the weekends and over the holidays, but I can always go back to bed after my jab :winkwink:

Besides, I'm often up early to go for a run, so it might keep me on track with that as well (these cold mornings have been putting me off lately!)

How is everyone? Hope the snow isn't too tedious PGLady - I never mind it if I don't have to go out in it, but that's hardly realistic!

Any news from the drug company Samba? When I was waiting for this bit it turned out the clinic had tucked the prescription into my notes, so the administrator hadn't known to place the order with the drug company. As soon as I called them they got on the case and I had all the meds a couple of days later, so never feel worried about chasing people up.

Hippie, how are you doing? I hear you on the worries about the side effects. I talked to a woman at work who went through IVF recently (now has a baby boy) and she said the only thing she really got were the hot flushes, which were weird but manageable. I'll let you know how I go with them, but we're all going to be different aren't we. Hoping they are not too bad, but I guess it is really just for a few weeks and the end result will hopefully make it all worth while!

Have got a busy few days ahead, but will at least try to update my journal (link in my sig) as to how tomorrow morning goes - will give you all the gory details at the weekend, if not before.

Wish me luck :thumbup:

I start jabbing tomorrow morning :happydance:

It's just as well I chose mornings as I'm going to be out late tomorrow at a work function, so will be back later than my usual 10pm bedtime. Add to that the work xmas party on Friday and a gig next week and it was just going to be too many times doing a late injection. I think the early mornings might be a bit of a pain at the weekends and over the holidays, but I can always go back to bed after my jab :winkwink:

Besides, I'm often up early to go for a run, so it might keep me on track with that as well (these cold mornings have been putting me off lately!)

How is everyone? Hope the snow isn't too tedious PGLady - I never mind it if I don't have to go out in it, but that's hardly realistic!

Any news from the drug company Samba? When I was waiting for this bit it turned out the clinic had tucked the prescription into my notes, so the administrator hadn't known to place the order with the drug company. As soon as I called them they got on the case and I had all the meds a couple of days later, so never feel worried about chasing people up.

Hippie, how are you doing? I hear you on the worries about the side effects. I talked to a woman at work who went through IVF recently (now has a baby boy) and she said the only thing she really got were the hot flushes, which were weird but manageable. I'll let you know how I go with them, but we're all going to be different aren't we. Hoping they are not too bad, but I guess it is really just for a few weeks and the end result will hopefully make it all worth while!

Have got a busy few days ahead, but will at least try to update my journal (link in my sig) as to how tomorrow morning goes - will give you all the gory details at the weekend, if not before.

Wish me luck :thumbup:

Good luck SophieBee! Let us know how it goes and enjoy all that partying.

Samba, hope you got your drugs sorted.

:hi: hippie, not long now.

It's just dawning on me that I'll be calling in next week, can't wait to get this started!

Hiya!

Mega quick one from me - first jab went fine, no probs going in though sash a bit tricky drawing the correct measure in the syringe with one hand. No side effects to speak of yet... I also phoned the clinic and have the first d-r scan scheduled for 20 Dec. First gets crossed I'll be able to start stimming the next day!

Better dash, just wanted to let you all know how this morning went.

Catch you all soon xx

Hey all, a quick one from my phone right before bed. Sophiebee, glad it went ok, high hopes for the rest of us.

Sambatiki, yes my friend knows I'm now just waiting for :witch: to start, she had 2 miscarriages before her 1st child & has always been very supportive, encouraging & given me lots of advice.

PGlady, looks like we might call in DAYS apart! How exciting!

Hope all is well with you all, starting to feel quite PMS-y so I need your :witch:vibes! Never wanted her to show up more, haha!
xx

PGLady - hoping that you and your family haven't been too affected by the horrible storms you guys have been having up in Scotland. Thinking of you :hugs:

Hope everyone else is well. I'm on day 3 of buserelin and so far so good. Did a detailed update in my journal last night so feel free to have a nose. On the phone at the mo which caused very silly typos last time, so will call it quits I think!

Got a busy weekend ahead so hope you all have a good one and catch you soon xx

Hi Ladies,

So sorry Ive been MIA for a few days.

Sophie - YAYYYY CONGRATS on starting!! :yipee: Really pleased that all went well for you.

Hippie - Any joy on the witchy poo's?? Loads of AF :dust: to you xxx

PGlady - Any sign of your witch?

Today I got my Drug schedule :wohoo: and the drugs are being delivered on Thursday this week! :wohoo:

Im sniffing 2x sniffs twice a day and I'll be doing 6am and 6pm from 17th December (next Saturday) and then I have my first blood test 10th Jan. It also says that I should get a withdrawl bleed around the time of my normal AF. Hopefully all being well on the 10th Jan I'll start injecting 150iu's of Menopur. Scan and blood test is 20th Jan. Fingers crossed we'll be triggering on the monday!!

Oooh and the exciting news is that I'll get to meet one of our fellow BNB'ers who is at the same clinic doing exactly the same cycle as me :wohoo:

Hope everyone has a fab weekend xxx

Well we managed to survive "hurricane bawbag" as it has been named by the comedy Scots :laugh2: Not as bad as the 1987 hurricane down South in my humble opinion, but we didn't get the worst of it here.

Sophie, so pleased to hear things are going well. Hope you have a good weekend.

Sambatiki, good to hear that your drugs are finally turning up at last. How are you feeling about meeting a BnBer in person?

No sign of :witch: yet, expecting the old bat to turn up the middle of next week. Hippie, any sign of yours yet? Next week we'll get this ol' show on the road! Hope my drugs don't get stuck in the snow somewhere like all last year's Xmas presents. Think I've decided on 7.45 am for sniffs/ injections, looks like I'm the lazy one!

Right, I have a ton of baking to do, have a good weekend everyone :hugs:

Hey Ladies!

Just home after working at the pub tonight... really cant wait to be finished there.

I'm a very lucky girl I have met a few BNB'ers in RL.... Tansey, lives not to far away from me and we meet up very regularly, Reedy and I also met up last year in RL and speak on the phone regularly and Ive also met NicNac and Clueless. Its a bit weird at first because you wonder if you've actually got anything in common in RL but actually its lovely. I havent got many GF's in RL so its been nice to make some girlie friends online.

PG - Hope that the slag bag turns up soon :dust:

Hope your both ok Hippie and Sophie xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back