Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

Good to have you with us!!!

Hope everyone is well.... still sniffing here. Starting to get headaches I think... and feeling quite bloated :(

Evening everyone! Hope you're all well.

Sambatiki, good to hear the sniffing is going well - sorry about the headaches and the bloating. I really recommend drinking lots of water as that helps the headaches and will probably not hurt the bloating either.

Traskey - when is your next cycle due to start? I just get the one NHS go as well - boooo... Oh well, at least we get one go!

How's everyone else doing? Getting prepped for crimbo? I've only got a day and a half of work left this week - yesssss! :happydance:

I'm quite nervous/excited because I have my scan tomorrow. I'm not particularly hopeful that I'll get the go ahead to start stimming - it's only been 2 weeks and I'm still spotting, so I guess the womb lining isn't as thin as thin can be quite yet. We shall see anyway - will be interesting to see what comes up on dildo-cam (thanks PGLady - I love that description :haha:)

Anyway, I shall let you all know the outcome, but wish me luck!

Evening everyone! Hope you're all well.

Sambatiki, good to hear the sniffing is going well - sorry about the headaches and the bloating. I really recommend drinking lots of water as that helps the headaches and will probably not hurt the bloating either.

Traskey - when is your next cycle due to start? I just get the one NHS go as well - boooo... Oh well, at least we get one go!

How's everyone else doing? Getting prepped for crimbo? I've only got a day and a half of work left this week - yesssss! :happydance:

I'm quite nervous/excited because I have my scan tomorrow. I'm not particularly hopeful that I'll get the go ahead to start stimming - it's only been 2 weeks and I'm still spotting, so I guess the womb lining isn't as thin as thin can be quite yet. We shall see anyway - will be interesting to see what comes up on dildo-cam (thanks PGLady - I love that description :haha:)

Anyway, I shall let you all know the outcome, but wish me luck!

Good luck hon! :hugs:

Thanks guys - good news: I'm all switched off! I start my Gonal-F stimming injections on Christmas eve and go for my next scan on 2 January. The nurse said that if I respond well then we could be looking at a 4 January ec date! :happydance:

Allowing myself to get excited now!

Great news. It's fantastic and exciting when everything all clicks into place. Here's hoping all goes well and you have your bfp very soon :hugs:

YAYYYY thats great news Sophie!!! :wohoo:

Im still sniffing away... all rather boring really and glad that Ive got xmas to keep me occupied. Drinking atleast 2 litres of water a day so I think its just one of those things. Its nothing too horrid to cope with so not too worried.

Hope everyone is ok xxxx

Pleased to hear everything is going well Sophie, now it's time to make those eggies :thumbup:

Sambatiki, sorry to hear about the headaches - hopefully they're a sign that it's working and they'll go away when you start stims. Xmas is a welcome distraction for me too and it shows - you'd think I'm feeding the five thousand and I haven't finished yet (done pudding, cake and mince pies but still have ham and sausage rolls to go). Will have to remember that to be eligible for NHS I need a good BMI and not eat it all!

Traskey - you're welcome here, sorry your NHS go didn't work out but I'm glad you can have another go.

Wallie - I totally get what mean when you talk about going through the emotional side of it all. I hope you're ok.

:hi: to everyone else.

Yay! Thanks everyone - still really excited :happydance:

I also got a demo of the Gonal-F pen, which is a little bit more complicated than the buserelin injections so I'm going to trawl YouTube over the next few days to watch more demos. YouTube is so handy for that sort of thing - not just funny animal clips :haha:

Catch you all soon :hugs:

Glad that you got the go-ahead Sophie.

Samba, sorry you are getting the headaches. I did too, try to drink a little more water, see if that helps. It did me but I was constantly on the toilet :haha:

Sniffing starts on Thursday for me and down reg scan the 10th January.

:hugs: for all!

Hello all, sorry I've not been keeping up, work is absolutely manic. I work in Adult Social care overseeing home care and the crap weather hasn't been helping! Also had mum over last week so it was a busy one.
I went to see the counsellor again yesterday and she's always dead helpful. She had a booklet which explained the clinic's procedure a bit more and it looks like it will be Buserelin for me in under 2 weeks now. It will come round so quickly! Good to hear that's an easy one.

SophieBee: yay! :happydance: I know what you mean about work. I too wanted to be able to give some notice, unfortunately my bosses are all men so not getting too much sympathy. My line manager made me book leave out of my allowance when we had to go to Liverpool to pick up hubby's frozen sperm, should have been granted special leave for that? Not v fair! On the other hand, if that's the attitude, I will definitely feel less guilty about having to phone in sick if it comes to that.

Wallie & PGLady, not long! Exciting stuff! PG, 1 day apart, wow! :thumbup:

Samba: wow that's a lot of drugs, can't wait to get mine. Sorry to hear about the bitch nurse. They can be so insensitive! When I was in post op waking up after my lap (where my tubes were separated, thus officially ending any chance I might have had of ever conceiving naturally) all they were talking about was 'how are your twin babies doing' and the fact that they were filming 'One Born Every Minute'!!! I was SO angry! Sadly too out of it from the sedation to have a go at them :nope:

Traskey: hello and welcome! Glad this thread is getting so full of lovely peeps :hugs:

Hi everyone,

I finally feel human again, I've had this terrible cold/flu lurgy thing that's been going around. I've been off work all week with it and got nothing done!

Today I got confirmation today that I'll start DR'ing 11th January.

Hope you all have a fab Christmas and New Year. :dust:

Hello all - just thought I'd pop in to see how everyone's doing :thumbup:

Traskey, have you started sniffing now then? Hope it's going well for you!

Wallie - congrats on getting you DR date! Woo hoo! Roll on 11 January :happydance: Glad to hear you are feeling better - that cold seems to have struck loads of people down. I'm hoping I can carry on escaping it...

Hippie - I know what you mean about having an unsympathetic boss. I have quite a difficult relationship with mine, but luckily I get on quite well with the HR Manager and copy her in to anything I send to him so that I can be sure that I am at least getting the time off that I am entitled to. I hope they don't make life too difficult for you - as if this whole thing weren't stressful enough.

How's everyone else doing?

PGLady, your post about Christmas baking inspired me to get cracking on some mince pies of my own! Yum! I was planning on making chocolate truffles to give as gifts, but time has gotten away from me unfortunately. I might make some next week anyway...

Sambatiki, how's the sniffing going? Hope you're coping with the headaches and stuff. Any other side effects? I suppose the good thing about side effects is that at least you can be reasonably sure it means the meds are working so with any luck it will not be too long before you can move on to the next stage.

Speaking of which, I start my Gonal-F jabs tomorrow, so will have the joy of two injections at 7am instead of one! It's not so bad, but I am looking forward to when these stop and I can have a bit of a lie in again!

Will let you know how it goes, but am sure it will be fine. In case I don't get a chance to pop on over the next couple of days, hoping you all have a very lovely Christmas and get a chance to chill out at least a little bit. Oooh and have you seen the Christmas smilies?!?!?! :xmas9::xmas17::xmas3::xmas5:

Walllie, i'm glad you have a start date :dance:

Sophie, good luck with stimming today and all the injections. You'll do great :wohoo:

Hippie, I haven't told my work about the IVF. Good luck with yours.

PG lady, good luck!

Sambaroonie, hope the sniffing is all going well :dance:

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and let's hope 2012 is a fab year for you all :xmas6:

Hi Ladies

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!
https://www.stayonsearch.com/httpdocs/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/MerryChristmas.png

Glad everyone is getting on well xxx Its lovely to see us all progressing now! :yipee:

Hope you all have a super christmas xxxx

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to wish you all a very happy Christmas. In laws are here now, so I won't have much of a chance to catch up for a while. I hope you all have time to relax, recharge and share make some happy memories with the ones you love.
:xmas9:

Hello everyone, hope all is well with you. Feeling a bit emotional today, have been focussing so much on Xmas and now it's gone I'm faced with the stark reality that we'll soon be lining up to take our roll of the dice. Told the in laws today after much nagging from mil to commit to visits way in the future. She was looking at baby stuff in the shops this avo, I tried explaining that it's too difficult for me as I'm trying to come to terms with the poss it may never happen for us. She just doesn't get it and I'm worried we mad a mistake telling her. Ho hum. Sorry to bum everyone out. Glad my dh is good at hugs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->