Starting IVF in Dec/Jan/Feb on NHS (UK)?

After I had my scan this morning I asked if I could see the dr on duty and she agreed to see me at the end of her clinic. Anyway after a long wait I got to speak to her. She looked through my notes and said that she thought I should go ahead with transfer because my body had produced the lining without any drugs. She said they like to see a thickness between 7 and 18mm and anything below 7 is not good but there isn't enough research to say anything above 18 is bad!!! I asked about the triple stripe and whether my lining was good despite the thickness. She said the sonographer had not noted any abnormalities.
She said I should of had a baseline scan but when I rang to request treatment the nurse said I didn't need it :( She said I could delay a month and have a baseline scan next month. But the dilemma I have is my lining will probably be just as thick next month.
She said she would discuss the scan with the top guy and ring me back.
So when she rang me back she said they were happy to go ahead. But I said was it an option to cancel and try some drugs to reduce my lining. She said I could have a baseline scan next month and if my lining is 15 or above they will prescible progesterone to thin my lining. But they could do that and then I could still end up with a thick lining.
This is a real dilemma :cry: the embryo implanted last time when my lining was 20.5mm but I m/c - was this because the lining was so thick - she said not but one of the other doctors I saw previously said probably!?!?!

Oh boofs what a difficult dilemma! I know if I was in the position my heart would want to crack on and give it a go but my head would be saying wait and see next month. Can you book an appointment with dr kingsland to discuss it? It sounds like the registrar Lucy who you saw.

I'm not at Liverpool Lindy - I'm at st Mary's :( it was one of the registrars I saw but then she went away and discussed it with dr Osagie who is in charge.

Sorry honey. Thought you had transferred. I would ask for an appointment with consultant. You want the best possible chance. Xx

It's okay I was considering transferring which is what we will do after this cycle. But we're going private cos of the waiting times. It is the consultant who has said to go ahead with this transfer. My oh and my BFF think I should go for it because the 'experts' are telling us to :cry: I think at least if I go ahead and it's negative I will be gutted but I can move on from this clinic. We have been unhappy for such a long time at this clinic.

Sometimes a fresh look at something and a bit if tweaking makes all the difference. Hopefully you don't need to though because this go works!! When will they do collection?

Hello, been reading the new posts. Boofs what a nightmare situation, all I would suggest is go with your heart and don't let anybody pressure you into something you don't want to do. Though I think what you're saying about moving clinics next time sounds like a good plan. At least it really sounds like you're ready to look ahead in a worst case scenario situation, which is always good. Fingers crossed honey let us know how you get on xx

Hi ladies!

Boofle - such a dilemma Hun!

I agree with hippy, go with your heart!

Lindy anymore twinges?

Hippy hope your feeling better, sounds like you've had it rough!

Afm start dr tomorrow!

Good luck kazzab

AFM- just feel the same. Will see what mw says this morning x

Boofle, all confusing stuff.

Have you thought about delaying then having a consult with a new clinic that you're considering anyway, and see what they say? Then you could either go ahead with existing clinic or even get the embryo transferred to the new clinic? Sorry just suggesting as I would hate to lose an embryo if there was no need too. :hugs:

Thanks guys. Wallie - we did contact the other clinic but decided in the end just to go for it. So we're scheduled the transfer next Tuesday. Keeping everything crossed.

Kazza yay you've started dr :happydance:

Lindy - you've gone quiet I hope this means you're busy :haha: hurry up and update honey I'm very excited :hugs:

Hippie :hugs:

No news here!!! Not felt too well- dh sharing his cold :(

Great news about Tuesday boofs. Will keep everything crossed for you. Xxxx

Hi Ladies,

Boofs - What a nightmare situation, glad you have decided what to do. Wishing you all the very very best for Tuesday :dust: :dust:

Lindy - Sending you loads of labour :dust:

Kazza - Hope the DR goes OK.

Wallie - Have you anymore news?

AFM - We're all doing well, trying to implement some kind of routine to get a little structure back to our day.

Ah Lindy I got excited when I saw your post I felt for sure you had gone in. Hope you feel better soon and u don't have to wait too much longer :hugs:

Thanks ladies

Boofle glad you've made a decision! Good luck Hun x

Lindy! Can't wait for some news from you x

Hippie- do you know what you are having? TBH I have been so lucky, no sickness, heartburn or anything. Just felt really tired at times and struggled sleeping so I'm actually enjoying pregnancy. I feel content knowing LO is on its way do not panicking about when he/she arrives. Worried about birth part but keep telling myself its whaf I'm built for to calm myself down. :)

Hope you are all doing ok.

Love and hugs. Xx

Hi Lindylou, yes we found out we're :blue: ! I was quite shocked when they told us as I was convinced it was a girl. Funny as before getting pregnant I always saw myself with a boy but the moment I got pregnant I started dreaming of a little girl :wacko: very confusing, but we're happy either way.
Hope your LO shows up soon, though as long as all is well in there I wouldn't worry too much about it.
This afternoon we went to see some friends who had a baby in November, she was overdue by about 10 days and came out at 9lb2 but mum said she had a very good birth and though baby was heavy she wasn't chunky just long so all good :thumbup:

Hi ladies!

Boofle - such a dilemma Hun!

I agree with hippy, go with your heart!

Lindy anymore twinges?

Hippy hope your feeling better, sounds like you've had it rough!

Afm start dr tomorrow!

Kazza good luck with DR'ing and the rest of the cycle, can't wait to get some good news off you honey.

Thanks guys. Wallie - we did contact the other clinic but decided in the end just to go for it. So we're scheduled the transfer next Tuesday. Keeping everything crossed.

Kazza yay you've started dr :happydance:

Lindy - you've gone quiet I hope this means you're busy :haha: hurry up and update honey I'm very excited :hugs:

Hippie :hugs:

Boofs so glad you've made your decision, remember as long as you're happy no decision is a wrong one. Whatever feels right at the time is right IMHO, no point wasting your life away thinking of what ifs. I'm sure this transfer will be your BFP! Fingers crossed and lots of hugs, let us know how you get on xx

:blue::blue: Thomas James Holland 8lb 4oz arrived at 3:22am. Difficult birth but I would do it again in a heartbeat :blue::blue:

Yay Lindy woohooooooooo :happydance::happydance::happydance::baby:
The best news for a cold and wet Monday morning :happydance::happydance::happydance:
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"