Starting my hypnobirthing course..

I was so pleased with myself for staying at home until 8cm, but actually I think it would have made sense to go a little earlier, for all the reasons above. The change between being chilled and happy and then actually in a fair bit of pain was very sudden for me. I do wonder if the very awkward and painful car journey might have been when Mog shifted around and got herself stuck.

I read a book on hypnobirthing that my friend gave me - I really want to give it a go - just wondering in general how much classes cost in the UK.

This you tube video is one that convinced me to go for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehHMkLO_XAE

It's so beautiful :)

hx

My class cost me £270 and I am based in Berkshire.

Thanks Leelee - sounds quite reasonable - do they give you the course materials and cds included in that?

hx

Thanks Leelee - sounds quite reasonable - do they give you the course materials and cds included in that?

hx

Yes, I got the book, CD and course materials for that. It included a 2 day course. We did it with Vanessa and I can't recommend her highly enough for anyone in Berkshire

https://www.berkshirehypnobirthing.co.uk

For anyone in my neck of the woods (based in Norwich), our course is £140 (CD, book and materials included) and you get 5 2 and a half hour sessions. Couldn't recommend Jackie highly enough :)

https://www.norwichhypnobirthing.com/

That birth vid just made me well cry, so beautiful :)

I know - me too - I've watched it a few times now and it totally confirms to me that this type of birth is possible - even when you keep hearing about pain etc etc!!

Thanks H what a gorgeous vid!

omg 140!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mine was £300 OH was not a happy bunny lol... why is everything more expensive in london :growlmad:

I think everything really is more expensive there. We totally thought it was out of our price range, so were really impressed for that price with all the books and CD and stuff. Our teacher is LOVELY too. Still, it would still cost you more than £300 if you travelled to Norwich every week! :)

Hi girls :hi:

I was looking into doing hypnobirthing as reviews look really good and wow some of the videos on youtube look so calm! However I can't stretch to the prices around here (living in London :nope:) So my question is do you girls think that if I get the CD and book it might help me? And which cd's/books are good?

Sorry for the questions I'm confused with the different methods but want to try hypnobirthing :thumbup:

Thank you :flower:

you can get the book and the cd but personally im not sure how effective it would be without the course! its so much more than that she teaches you breathing and relaxtion, light touch massage, shows you videos of people she has taught and their births, gets people in to talk about their experiences, talks through any questions or worries with you, does exercises to show you can breathe through pain like with ice blocks etc etc. i cant even remember what else as it was a while ago now

i mean the book is interesting you could read it along with a couple of other books about natural birth like 'childbirth without fear' etc and listen to the cd etc i just dont know how effective it would be

I agree with Winegums, I don't think it would be AS effective, as you get shown so much in the courses. BUT, I think reading and using the CD's would help. I would recommend getting Rainbow Relaxation and Natal Hypnobirthing and give them a try. Learn to deep breathe, read the books and read as much as you can online and you will certainly benefit. Good luck, and feel free to ask anything as you are reading the book and hopefully we can help :)

I think I'll be doing the same as Krissy as we would rather spend the money elsewhere. In Northamptonshire it's £240 for 5 lessons, hypnosis CD & labour music CD. It's good value it's just we feel we could use this elsewhere.

In my birth with Chloe I coped but I was so high on drugs (I asked for as many drugs as possible being a stillbirth) and can't remember much. I def want a more natural labour this time round.

If I get my bonus in September as planned I might re-think the lessons but it depends on the company (I do their accounts I know that it might not be possible!)!

At what stage should I be looking at getting the lessons booked in? Same time as ante-natal I guess?

^
I tried to find a cheaper course hun but I only found more expensive ones! I thought there might be one in MK but can't find anything either.

I started my course at 29 weeks which I feel has worked really well. Plenty of time to learn everything, but I feel pregnant enough to be doing if IYKWIM? I'll be nearly 35 weeks by the time it's finished.

I think it's worth the money but I just know we could spend that money elsewhere! Thanks for the info about when to start. I won't be 29 weeks until nearly end of October so I have plenty of time to have a think!

:hugs: Thanks hun!

No problems chic, if you arn't doing the course but feel you need to ask anything when reading the book, or whatever - feel free to PM me. Tbh though, I think if you are 'strict' with it and practice a great deal you will get just as much benefit. Good luck :) :hugs:

Had my second session this week. I'm finding it so informative, discussing how I normally react when ill ie do I like people faffing around me or be a cacoon.... found out I like to be on my own. Formalised some relaxing scenes to think about during labour, massages for DH to do and positions to help baby get in the right position

im finding as my tutor is a midwife I can ask her non related hypnobirthing questions too, which my MW doesnt care about it..... I'm so pleased We decided to take this course

Drazic as your another Sept Star, will you let me know how you get on? and vice versa

Hey Ladies, mind if I join in this one!

I am from N Ireland and have just booked to go on a course (Well, one to one and she comes to my home:) I am so excited and cant wait.

This is my first pregnancy, and I feel calmer about everything already having booked to do the course. I will be starting on the 28th August for 4 weeks with each session lasting 2 1/2 hrs.

I also read Ina Mays book - utterly fantastic and would recommend it to anyone! Such an empowering book, and really helped me make the decision that I wanted a natural birth as far as possible, leading on to deciding to try hypnobirthng!

Hope you are all enjoying it and I look forward to sharing my experience with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->