Starting my hypnobirthing course..

Drazic<3

You got the love <3
Reaction score
..on Wednesday, and I am so excited! I tried a natal hypnotherapy CD I borrowed today and I feel so calm and peaceful now, can't wait to start properly :)

Is anyone else hypnobirthing? Or has had positive experiences to share?

meeee! I did hypnobirthing with my son last year and it was the best experience ever!!! They teach you so much more than a book or a cd! I'm tempted to do it again now even though I already know it from last year haha.

good luck hun! xx

there is no hypnobirthing classes in my area. any suggestions as to what i can do in addition to the book and cd (mongan method)?

i am so excited to try this!!!

I hypnobirthed with Sidney - I highly recommend it. Here's a great hypno/home/water birth video if you havent already seen it. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qriqhDFo088

Hello,

I'm also planning a home Hypno water birth in the next 4 weeks :) I'm so excited about it and have always been passionate about the idea of home birthing. Doing the course has given me even more confidence with breathing etc. I am lucky that I have always been able to relax very easily but I picked up lots more tips and common sense from the course. I'd advise reading the Hypnobirthing book (which I was given) and if you're interested in natural birthing generally, these books are good:

Spiritual Midwifery and Guide to Childbirth, both by Ina May Gaskin
Childbirth Without Fear by Grantley Dick-Read

x

dr grantly dick read is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! he was like a genius before his time ;)

Thanks for all the replies girls :flower:

Winegums, will you just use the the books as a refresher?

Espia - I don't know yet but will happily update you after my class tomorrow :)

Mervs Mum, that is amazing, thanks for sharing.

Lillylemon - - I have brought Ina May's books and currently reading Dick Grantly-Read. I love childbirth without fear, I know it's a bit dated but it really describes not just how it shouldn't hurt, but why. It has really made me feel like I can do it :) Send LOADS of luck and good vibes for whenever babe decides it's time to try out the hypnobirthing!

please update me :) how many classes will you have? i SO wish i could take them too!

5 classes, they are 2 and 1/4 hours each running every week. I think I should have probably started earlier, but my tutor said it will be fine but she will change the order of the classes in case I go into early Labour! I am just going to submerge myself in it for the next 10 or so weeks :)

I'm planning on taking a course! But the woman that teaches it said for me to wait til I'm 32 weeks, only 4 more weeks to go! :)

What an awesome video....

Ina May Gaskin is awesome... i am lucky enough to have a midwife here in Canada who did a placement with her on the farm so its fantastic.

Good Luck.. I am sure you will have a fantastic experience to tell us all about.

^
Goddess, you are preggo! I am so pleased for you sweetheart *big squeeze*

So excited, I think Simba can tell, because she has been wiggly all day! :rofl:

ohhh goddess that's amazing!!! i'm saving up so that i can do my elective placement on the farm with her <3333 that place is like heaven

ohhh goddess that's amazing!!! i'm saving up so that i can do my elective placement on the farm with her <3333 that place is like heaven

wow what an opportunity i think that would be fantastic, what an experience. Definitely worth the saving up for... well done.

The first session was really good. Lots of learning about the body - and the weirdest thing is, she normally has like 16 people but less people signed up this time so it's only us and another couple. Almost one to one for no more! I must do lots of reading today, I have CWF to finish, then need to read Ina May, and then my hypnobirthing book! :dohh:

drazic 16 is a lot i know most hypnobirthing people only usually have up to 4 or 5 couples!

mine was a bit poo as 2 of the couples were best friends and the other couple sat and talked to themselves and were a bit anti social so me and OH just ended up on our own lol!

xx

I swear, Ina May rules! You lucky, lucky people to either be doing a placement at the farm or having a midwife that has trained with her! She is amazing and it's so lovely to be able to talk to other ladies who feel the same way about birthing!

x

^winegums, 16 as in 8 couples, so not many more :) I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. We were kinda forced to chat as it was only another couple and they seem really nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->