Starting running... newbie help!

AP

Reaction score
I have never ran. Except for buses like, even thats pushing it.
So where do I start? How long should I run for? How often? Before I pass out obviously.

Hey
Try downloading the couch to 5k podcasts.
It is based on you running 3 times a week.
I found it really good then there is bridge to
after you complete the 5k.

Xx

When I started I bought a great book called Running made Easy. Was only about £6 but had great plans for training for total beginners.

Enjoy :) some ppl are definitely more natural runners than others. Sadly I'm not a natural and to start with it wasn't that enjoyable and you have to get past a wall. But I have never looked as good figure wise than when I was regularly running.

Oh and get the best trainers and sports bra you can afford. Your feet, knees and boobs will thank you!

I totally recommend couch to 5k, it's a brilliant app and makes running easy. I had never run either but can now do 5k...... well I could before I eat my body weight in chocolate over Christmas!!

I love couch to 5k, I could honestly not run for more than 10 seconds before trying it then got up to 5k on the treadmill within a few weeks. That was pre baby though so I'll be starting it from scratch in a few weeks

Wow thanks ladies!

Another Question -
Did it help you lose weight? (thats not why im doing it but it would be a bonus lol)

Running will help you lose weight yes, it burns fat :).

Running is a fab way to lose weight/fat.

I would also recommend getting some good running socks to prevent blisters!

xx

It really toned me up and definitely made me look leaner, I don't know if I saw a difference on the scales but noticed it in my clothes

I lost loads of weight with my running. Any questions just ask chick x

Oh Lordy you are queen Tasha xxxx

Hahaha, I take it this was when you were drunk :p

Erm....... Defo :drunk:

You have really been inspirational though, look at how much you achieved!

:haha: Thought so.

Thank you lovely x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back