Starting the mini pill

tinymumma

Mummy to a rainbow boy
Reaction score
I've got my first box of the mini pill and I'm wondering how to go about starting it? The pharmacist told me to take it on the first day of my period? I'm breastfeeding, so who knows when I could get my period... I told her this and she just said it'll show up within a few weeks :dohh:
I still have slight lochia, so do I start on the sugar pills, like I'm on my period, or do I start on the actual pills?
TIA

I don't think it matters when you start since you are probably not ovulating yet. Start at the beginning of the pack on whatever day will make for a convenient and easy to remember cycle for you. Use a backup contraception for the first 2 weeks just in case. I started taking it about 8 weeks postdelivery, am exclusively pumping for my son, and still have had no sign of a period at 7 months.

Thank you. I figured it was a lot simpler than it seemed in my head. I mean, we want more children but within a reasonable time frame :haha:

You are advised to take it on first day of period as it means you are protected straight away. If you take it on other days then you need other protection for the first 7 days. Xxx

Well, my lochia still hasn't stopped, so I guess I'm covered? It's still red so I have a feeling it's not going away for a while yet

I'm not on the mini pill yet but my OB told me to start it on Sunday as I may not get a period for quite some time. I stopped bleeding at 2 weeks postpartum but I don't think that would make it any different.

I started mine last Friday. I stopped bleeding yesterday morning. It's 5 days in. I have to say, it's making me awfully hormonal. I'm crabby and teary. Yay -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->