Starting to get doubts

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
I was so fired up about homebirth but my consultant and nibbling doubts are starting to get me down:( there is nothing wrong with me and my gd is well under control. Why should this make me high risk? I can feed my baby if it is hypo and I can control my sugars in labour to prevent hypos.

She has no more chance of any problems than any other low risk child. So why am I feeling bad?

I am petrified of hospital and I am not allowed in a birth centre. I have a doula and a nice mw. It all started when I went I had a pre term labour scare last week at 35 weeks after a car accident. During that time my contractions were 10 mins apart and very painful for about 12 hours. My cervix started to change too and baby is engaged. I have not felt the same since.

Please give me some encouragement :(

Firstly ring your doula honey. This is EXACTLY what she's here for.

It's totally normal to wobble at the end. We all have even those of us labelled 'low risk'.

You know your stuff and you have mad an informed choice.

Policies and protocols are guidelines not rules - something standardised across a group or organisation. It isn’t the law, it isn’t often a worldwide/national/regional recommendation. It’s what that hospital or doctor feels is the best way to proceed across the board, without looking at individual cases. Sometimes it isn’t really even based on evidence. Now protocol can be a useful thing to have and it’s certainly a good starting point. But, but, but its generalised nature, and the fact that many hospitals take a different view on the same issue, means that it is something that can and should be questioned.

You are an individual and they are looking at you in a generalised way. You have looked at what is right for you as an individual looking at EVERYTHING.

Be strong x

Just wanted to say I kinda know how you feel, I was wobbling a little a few weeks ago, but the thought of being in the hospital instead and imagining what I would feel kicked me right up the butt and made me remember why I've chosen this. I agree with Mervs mum, talk to your doula, they are so supportive when we have these moments of doubt, and after talking to my doula last I felt so much more confident I can do this.

You're right at the end of your pregnancy now, and hormones, probably tiredness and hot weather are such a bad combination (I've found!) :flower:

^^^ whole heartedly agreed with the ladies!

It can really play in the back of your mind... I felt the same way with my first and GD. I had the odd moment of going "why does this have to feel like it is so hard? Should I just go in and have a c-section so they are happy, I can't take it?!” But I knew these were fleeting irrational thoughts.. I just had to hear myself say them out loud, to really hear how silly they sounded! ;-)
XXx

I totally agree.... all of us have wobbles about various things during pg and YOUR birth is a huge deal.

Have a chat with your doula and MW and gain strength from their encouragement. Persoanlly i find being around hospital staff gives me that feeling of not ebing capapble or doing the wrong thing or something... its like an air about them.... like police make me feel guilty even though i have done nothing wrong!!

You are so close... stay strong... you CAN do it xx

Everyone has wobbly feelings love. Just remember what you feel is best for you and baby. Your MW & doula will take care of you both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->