Starting to stress about movement!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by kellyb, Jun 7, 2011.

1. kellyb

kellyb Well-Known Member

It seems as though every time I start to feel relaxed and stress-free about pregnancy, it starts to creep back up on me a couple weeks later. I guess I can attribute that to when my midwife appointments are scheduled. I always feel great after the appointment, particularly after hearing the heartbeat, then after a couple weeks, I start to get worried, until my next appointment, and so on...

So anyways, my current stress is about the baby moving. I could swear that during week 16 I started to feel little flutters--it felt kind of like someone was scratching softly at the inner wall of my abdomen--it was awesome. But since that week I've felt nothing!!! I'm now 2 days from week 19, and it seems like the movement should have gotten stronger. Am I ridiculous to be worrying? Is this normal? When did you guys start to feel movement your first time around?

Thanks in advance!

2. MrsH86

MrsH86 Well-Known Member

I didn't start to feel any movement at all until week 18 and even then it was only flutters. When I reached week 20 I got my first prod and then 21 I'd say the kicking started. I would say even now I can go all day without feeling movement but then evening comes and she wakes up. Everyone is different, if it's really bothering you though perhaps give someone a call. I have a doppler which helped on the days I didn't feel much but it's still early on to feel consistent movement x

3. babytibby

babytibby Well-Known Member

Kelly B it has been the same for me ans I am too beginning to stress over it. Like you, week 16, lo was having a woop woop time inside and now nothing. I havent felt anything for days.

I have my 20 week scan in 2 weeks but think if nothing is felt before then i will have to go to the midwife or it will drive me mad.

Hope we both get kicks soon

4. kellyb

kellyb Well-Known Member

Babytibby, maybe we're just stressers! I have my 20 week appointment (w/first ultrasound) in a week and a half, so fingers are definitely crossed. I know we will both be fine, as will our babies. Maybe they're just super chill kids, far calmer than we are :)

5. momof2bb

momof2bb Well-Known Member

18 weeks it's still very early so don't worry. With my first baby I noticed the movement only after 22 weeks.

Don't worry you will feel the baby more very soon. I think mine is a ballet dancer and train 24h a day... I'm 23 weeks.