starting weaning

Carolyn

Reaction score
going to start when abigail's infection has cleared...
not got any 'apparatus' yet.lol
what are the basics that i will need?
thanks

A weaning spoon, any bowl, but you can get proper weaning ones... ( pointless expense really ), and a bib... or as I use, a muslin square folded in a triangle and tied round babes neck. :hug: Have fun :)

we have weaning spoons and we use pots quite a lot so I can take stuff when we go out. Any container would do though really. We do vege purees in bulk and freeze them so if you're going to make your own you'll need icecube trays or you can get special portion sized trays. We do use a blender but just our normal one, it's not a special baby one.

A weaning spoon, any bowl, but you can get proper weaning ones... ( pointless expense really ), and a bib... or as I use, a muslin square folded in a triangle and tied round babes neck. :hug: Have fun :)

that's some really good ideas. thanks. got a couple of weaning spoons as freebies and for xmas. got everything else. i've got a bumbo and tray i was going to use that, or is a high chair a must?

(how do you get the bumbo chair hooked underneath when they're in it? if i put it on before, she can't get in it...she just stands up!)

we didn't use a high chair to start with. When they're in the bumbo put the bit with the bumbo logo on it so that it kind of hooks over first and then we kind of pick the bumbo up a tiny bit (with him still in it!) and push the other bit back. Then I make sure his hands are out of the way and put the tray on.

I feed her in a highchair... or bumbo. I have one spoon at the mo... a freebie from Hipp :) And I use one of the kids animal bowls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->