Starvation mode

starlight1

Reaction score
Do you think my body is in starvation mode?
Breakfast: cerial
Morning snack: fruit
Dinner: soup or salad
Afternoon snack: fruit
Supper: healthy meal
And I sometimes have a yogart before bed and drink alot of water throught the day. X

it all depends on your activities during the day etc... less you do the less calories you need to consume but your body needs a bare minimum to function (breathe, blink etc...) to me that sounds like not enough to eat but it depends on what activities you are doing in a day too.

everybody has a base metabolic rate. this differs from person to person. it is the minimum amount of calories your body requires to stay healthy and stay alive.

it is the amount of calories your body burns in a resting state (laying perfectly still, breathing blinking, heart beating) for 24 hours.

Just google BMR calculator and you will be able to work out what your body needs to stay alive without shutting down and going into starvation mode. the more active you are through the day you need to consume more calories (if you only intend on maintaining weight not loosing) if you are wanting to loose consume only what your BMR is. this allows your body to source its energy to stay alive from what you eat and then source all other energy for what you do throughout the day from fat stores.

but going by what you have said you are probably only consuming 1000 calories a day. this is dangerously low so yes your body will probably be slowly going into starvation mode.

Almost certainly not. Starvation mode is overrated, it is far more complex than people make it out to be. If you are unable to lose weight then you are almost certainly eating more than you think you are. Most people do. A digital scale can really shock people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->