statutory maternity pay help

reversal

a happy family at last
Reaction score
Hi ladie's please could someone help me with my smp, how long should my employer take to tell me how much I'm entitled to, I was told when they sorted it they would send me a payment plan. How long did it take for you's to get yours sorted, thanks for reading .

They should confirm in writing within 28 days of you giving your written notification that you intend to take mat leave. In this letter they should confirm your mat leave dates and what your maternity pay entitlement is (although they don't have to give exact monetary amounts - they can just say you're entitled to SMP made up of 6 weeks at 90% of pay and 33 weeks at lower rate SMP).

Mine took longer than this though and I had to remind them. Pretty appalling seeing as I work in the HR department and I wrote the mat leave policy - you'd have thought they'd have wanted to get it right!!

Thanks it will be 28 days this friday so I'll give the HR a ring as my local office is worse than useless :hugs:

I made my company aware wen I was 16 weeks, mine came in the post just before this
Pay day wen my smp started x

My employer totally failed on the whole '28 day' thing too. I was so annoyed with them. I took to phoning them every other day after a calendar month had elapsed asking when I was going to receive my letter with my maternity pay confirmation. They didn't even apologise for it being late when I finally received it, after about six weeks. It wouldn't have been so bad but they never even bothered responding to my original notification of my pregnancy, so if I counted from then (I'd filled in the forms and everything) they were about four months late!

My employer totally failed on the whole '28 day' thing too. I was so annoyed with them. I took to phoning them every other day after a calendar month had elapsed asking when I was going to receive my letter with my maternity pay confirmation. They didn't even apologise for it being late when I finally received it, after about six weeks. It wouldn't have been so bad but they never even bothered responding to my original notification of my pregnancy, so if I counted from then (I'd filled in the forms and everything) they were about four months late!

Mine took about 6 weeks in the end as well, even though I was chasing them. Our administrator wasn't apologetic either and just said they had a backlog. I kept reminding her that the policy says it should be within 28 days. I ended up having to raise it with my manager, who then sorted it.

It's stupid because the letter is really standard and they just need to put in the appropriate dates and include the correct paragraph about pay entitlement. When they finally gave it to me they also made a big song and dance about it being helpful of them to include a copy of the mat leave policy. I couldn't resist reminding them that I wrote the policy in the first place and they put all maternity enquiries through to me on a daily basis!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->