Stay at home mums/maternity leave

nessajane

Reaction score
A question for Full time mums or those on maternity leave,

I went into work yesterday with Tyler to show him off :cloud9: and after coming away from there it made me realize how much i actually miss working and seeing everyone.

I mean dont get me wrong i love spending my time Tyler but it does get pretty lonely and the lack of adult conversation can sometimes be a real bore :( I see family and friends so im not stuck in all day,but im actually looking forward to going back to work to get back to normality and having something stimulating to do.

How do you find being home alone all day?

Am i mad for looking forward to going back to work?

Maybe its a phase that will pass as im sure when i ACTUALLY have to go back i wont want to :cry: xx

I dont miss work one bit. I really dont. Meeting colleagues for lunch or coffee every now and then really will do me. Especially when spring adn summer comes!:happydance:

im a stay at home mum and i really miss work, i dont really get visitors, i go to town with my friend occasionally but thats it, i get so lonely without adult conversation in the day lol, and i cant go out loads because its a pain trying to get a toddler and a baby ready lol im sure ill get used to it soon enough, but then if i went to work id miss my babies so its a no win situation

I was meant to go back in December but I didn't because I decided I couldnt leave Ophelia all day everyday but yeah..I miss it.I miss the adult conversation and the mental stimulation!And I'm not sure if this makes sense but I miss having a role that isnt just mummy.xxxx

I dont miss work at all, i really dont I would much rather be with my two boys all day then staring down someones stinky smelly mouth!!!!! Lol I dont get bored because Dec is at that age where he is great entertainment.

Hi hun,
Ive been a full time mum since my First whos now 6 ..... i couldn't have left her for anything, or my others.
I wasn't lonely because i had her with me :cloud9:
I didnt have a computer back then ...... now i chat to you guys alot which is fine for me...

..i don't have family near by and i cant drive, i live in a rural area to so i don't see may people, my OH is my best mate and i chat to him loads lol.

Its diffrent for me tho because im not a people person ... never 'gone out with the girls' or anything like that so i don't feel lonely at all .... were all diffrent tho :hugs:

I think i may miss it as im very much a people person and very outgoing and going from seeing alot of people everyday to not alot, sometimes just OH when he comes home from work maybe why im looking forward to going back!!

It probably sounds horrible, but I really dislike being a stay at home Mum. Of course I love my daughter, but I feel like I've lost all my independence and I actually resent my OH for being able to go out and work. It doesn't help that he doesn't help me much when he comes home. I hate not being able to work, and support myself. I feel quite down about it tbh.

It probably sounds horrible, but I really dislike being a stay at home Mum. Of course I love my daughter, but I feel like I've lost all my independence and I actually resent my OH for being able to go out and work. It doesn't help that he doesn't help me much when he comes home. I hate not being able to work, and support myself. I feel quite down about it tbh.

Its doesnt sound horrible hun everyones different. I cant be taking to it too well if im looking forward to going back to work already :dohh:

It doesnt mean we love your LO any less its just a complete change that takes some getting used to i guess!!

hun i have the same problem... It was hard for me to be away from work... Not that i didn't love to stay at home with me kids it just that i missed adults company and the chat that we girls used to have at work.

It didn't help when i went back to work and hurt my back. I had to be off sick for 6 months but now i'm back and i'm loving it...

I personally would imagine work s and a break from home & being Mum as healthy however I've worked from home for nearly 4 years until I was made redundant end of 2008 and tbh I don't plan to go back however may consider a part time job for that breather - doesn't mean you don't love your kids or anything just means 5 minutes sanity I'd imagine lol x

I get you Nessa, i pop into work once a week to see whats going on (as OH is still there) and i do miss it. I end up doing stuff whilst im there lol. A couple of weeks ago i ended up at my desk on the phone to customers with Brooke in my arms :rofl:

However when its time for me to go back im not so sure i will feel the same, plus OH would really like me to be a SAHM until Brooke at least goes to nursery.

I guess im lucky in the sense of not being so lonely in the daytime, all of my family live within a 15 min drive of me so im always off and about seeing people.

Hi hun,
Ive been a full time mum since my First whos now 6 ..... i couldn't have left her for anything, or my others.
I wasn't lonely because i had her with me :cloud9:
I didnt have a computer back then ...... now i chat to you guys alot which is fine for me...

..i don't have family near by

Up to there....I could have wrote that:rofl:

I love being a full-time Mummy, I prefer that term to stay at home mum as I'm usually out and about, shopping, at the park, going to visit a couple of friends etc. My family don't live close by and they all work anyway so I don't see them in the day unless my sister is on a day off and sometimes she will come over and bring my other sister and my baby niece with her.

I wouldn't choose to go to work while my babies are so small, even though we don't get any benefits or anything for me being at home with the kids and extra money from working would come in handy....I'd rather do without the money and spend this special time with my children:happydance:

That's my choice though, I never had a career or anything....just jobs to get me by like working in retail etc so I certainly don't miss working with the public:dohh::rofl:. I will probably go back to work once Erin is at nursery school.....lord knows what I'll do though:shrug:

i dont work

but i do miss college, i do get very lonley and i cant wait to go back in march

But im sure i will miss him when i go back
xx

I really want to be a SAHM. I lost my job when I was pregnant so would need to find a new one, but the cost of chlidcare would mean it was barely worth it unlessd i went full time- NO WAY!

we think we can manage until chloe is 1 and then review the situation, but I really dont want to go back to work

I thought I'd miss work as I love my job, I work from home but even with that factor I still am ot looking forward to going back as I am loving being a mum and a 'housewife'. I just love pottering about while she is sleeping and doing things with her when we get awake moments. I will miss that when I start work again. Wish I could afford more time off but just can't its a bummer.

i have such time dealing with this its unreal.
i miss work but not my job just the people as all family live away.
sometimes i want to go back other times i cant bare the thought.
i am a senior nursery nurse at a large nursery, if i go back i have been told the option of going back part time isnt available to me so i if i go back full time i have to take anabelle full time also, i take home 850 a month but will need to pay 410 to afford my bills and 400 nursery fees so i will be left with nothing!!!!!!!!!!!
i feel its not worth me going back but i cant afford not to as i need to earn 410 pounds and we arent entitled to tax credits well when i would be due back at work it would be £9.00 but it makes me cry just thinking about going back to work full time for others to look after my baby whilst i look after everyone elses.
i think if i did a different job totally i may feel differently.

i can completely understand what you mean for the company though nessa

Lou
xxx

Im on a year matleave... And yes, I do miss work. I know I will miss Jasmine when I go back, but like rawife said, I miss my independance and adult interaction... I love being with my baby, but it does get lonely when you cant have a conversation with her yet... or really do alot. Plus my Oh works midnights so I dont get to see him alot either.

I dont get alot of visitors either, everyone works and is busy with their own lives. Once Jasmine gets bigger and can do a bit more I think it will be better.

However, I only work 3 days a week... So when I go back I dont think it will be that bad. She will only need to go to a sitter a couple days a week, which is a close friend, and I think her going somewhere with other kids a couple days a week will be good.

for those that get lonely or miss adult conversation, do you go to baby clubs etc? I go once a week and try and meet up with those baby friends atleast once or twice throughtou the week too. I'm also lucky enough to be able to meet OH for lunch once or twice a week.

My family live in the UK and I'm in France so I dont see them daily, but I can chat on skype or the phone. I dont get bored.
I'm honestly suprised by how many people miss work!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->