Stay at home mums/maternity leave

I have been looking for baby clubs, but it has been so cold here im kinda unmotivated to bundle us up and go out...

I do get out to the barn once a week at least (I try for 2-3times) and go riding with the other women there. It is a nice break... But for me, I was so used to being non-stop busy, I worked part time plus I had about 8 horses I was training... So I was constantly out doing stuff.

there is a baby club in my area but its not that im after really im just looking foward to getting back into my old routine!! but i will be going part time not full time so i can have the best of both worlds xx

I am on maternity leave currently and as much as I dread the day when I'll have to drop her off at nursery I am looking forward to starting back. I am quite an active person who needs her independence and as much as I LOVE being home with her I also miss getting up and ready to start the day unlike being in my oj's untill noon :lol:

I don't miss work one tiny, teeny bit. I've never wished I was back there. I'd spent 16 years working on my career wishing for children. The hours were long, it was stressful and yeah it paid really well but I just don't need that in my life.

It's been a culture shock for us as a couple taking a 50% paycut over the last couple of years, for me personally not contributing financially to the home or having money to blow whenever I want and also for DH taking on the responsibility of the whole family.

We're busy every day out and about so I guess that helps. We were stuck at home quite a bit last week with the snow and I was going nuts! :lol:

i dont miss mine on bit although i need a small job in the evenings x

i have worked full time since i was 16....its very hard to then stay at home all day....i would have returned to work but i was made redundant (bloody recession) so im looking for part time so i get to be with Maley and work aswell...

I was devastated when I went on mat leave. I really didn't want to go as I knew I would miss it and the people so much. But I haven't looked back since! Even since before he was born, I've enjoyed my new life so much. Working shifts - nights, weekends, long days, being on-cal 24/7. I really enjoyed my job, so that was the life I chose to lead. But now I'm out of it, life has taken on a whole new meaning. I'm dreading having to go back and will put it off as long as possible. I may even look into a career change.

I left art school when I found out I was pg, and yes I miss it. All my friends are at school, and non of them are moms, and my hubby is at work all day, so I get super lonely. It would be nice to just get a few hours to work on my art.

i understand where you're coming from nessa, sounds really silly but i miss the intellectual side, i was a teacher in higher ed before maddi, and i miss my subject (sociology and criminology) but if i want to i suppose i could just pick up a book and read.

however, i don't miss work, for me, this is the best job i have ever! tbh if i can help it i never want to go back :blush:, kinda makes my degree useless :dohh: me and maddi have quite a busy life, famiy and friends very close and im quite a homebird, i love being at home. i'm lucky because james' work allows us to lead a nice comfortable life, so i'm very happy at home :)

I agree with you Nessajane. I too am looking forward to having what i consider the best of both worlds. I personally would feel like I'd lost a bit of myself if I didn't return to work. xxx

I dont miss it, not one bit!! I'm back 30 hours a week on monday and im not looking forward to it at all :(

The thought of being a SAHM scares me!

I love my little girl to bits and cant wait for this new baby to get here, but there is no way i could be at home all the time with two kids. I think Chloe probably needs that time away from me to be with other kids as much as i need the adult company. Ideally part time would be good but thats not an option. I like being independant, earning my own money and being Alana now and again not just Mummy, as much as i love being Mummy iykwim?

I take my hat off to SAHM i reckon its more tiring than work sometimes!!! x

I'm taking 12 months Mat leave and sooo dont miss work!!
I'll be going back part time, I wouldnt be going back if I didnt have to.
In an ideal world, I'd love to be a full time mum till he's at nursery.

Im really glad that OH is staying home full time and not me. I think I would actually go mad if I was home 24/7 as I dont have family or friends around me. Im going mad now..........

im loving it have plenty to do though with dogs chickens and ferrets to look after as well as amelia

i like going to work i only work 3 days a week but its nice to have a bit of normalitly iv got a nice little routine and everything, i think i'll be a bit sad when we move and i have to leave work!

I'd been feeling really guilty that I miss work too!
I love being at home with my LO but I am looking forward to going back.
I'm lucky tho that he'll be able to go to the Creche at work which is under my classroom (I'm a teacher) and we'll have the long holidays together as a family (OH is a teacher too!)

I work from home so not made any difference yet, but I miss going out. Only one car, village is only small not much going on and weather has been veyr cold. Roll on the summer!

I started back to work on Monday 4 days a week - yes i do feel guilty at leaving Katie and wonder what i'll miss out on but I enjoy work and the 2 grannies are looking after Katie 2 days each and i can see her at lunchtimes

I don't miss my work at all. They were such jerks to me near the end of it. The company ended up closing and I took a buyout package so at least I never have to see them again!

However, it's being alone all day that wears on me as well. I love taking care of Claire, but maaaan, not having adults to interact with is really hard at times. Especially it being winter here, I can't get out with her as much as I'd like. Definitely looking forward to spring when I can actually get out of the house on my own!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->