Staying in a hotel

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
We're staying overnight in a hotel next weekend. We've ordered a couple of travel cots for the room but we're guessing it's gonna be a bit crowed for us all.

We think we'll probably go for a bath together or something when we put the children down at first so they go to sleep.... but then what? What can you do all evening in a hotel room when the kids are right there with you... no TV, no lights....(I know what you're thinking but I mean aside from that!!!)

errrr...
maybe turn the tv so its glare isnt facing the cots and put text on??
have one side light on the floor and read?
massage?
cuddle and chat?
if your going with someone, maybe try to get rooms next to each other then prop the doors open with a shoe and sit and drink wine in the hall...(not classy but might make you all feel like your living in halls of residence in uni again lol)

im at a loss too im affraid hun..maybe a nice long bubble bath togather with a chillled glass of wine each??
X

to be honest the kids probably arent gonna go down at their usual time as its a strange place so by the time you have them settled and asleep youll be too knackered to do anything else!

i know it sounds sad but me and colin play board games/cards/chess when we have 5 min to ourselves

Read a book,paint your nails,give each other massage,go on internet+sleep.

take 2 Nintendo DSes! They're great fun, but failing that... board games? read a book?

I have stayed in loads of travel lodges with Kacy twice with Kira so far. Kira aint a problem put her in her cot and she is asleep in a couple of mins, to stop the light waking her up they usually have a spare dovey i got that and covered some of the cot up so she couldn't see the tv and it wouldn't desterbe her. But saying that it took kacy a good hour and half to 2 hours to get her to sleep but then me and mum could put the tv on and watch tv no problem and talk they were sound o and didn't hear a thing.

Thought I would answer my own post!

It was absolutely fine... phew! Admittedly they were late in bed (8.30pm) and were exhausted from running around like lunatics in the rain at Wobbles BBQ and all the fuss and attention they had. They fell asleep as soon as we put them down.

We were able to put lights on to read by. They had these little lights - halogen or something - that were bright on you but didn't light the room IYKWIM. DH was asleep by 9. Long drive and BBQing took it outta the old fella. LOL!

They slept right through until normal time. Thank God!

Glad they slept well hun (and DH as well!!:rofl:)

They were totally worn out by the time you left, so no wonder really!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->