• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Staying relaxed

Lisa1

Reaction score
Hi girls

with ttc work etc, how do you stay relaxed? I had my bloods done and the doc said my stress levels were a bit high and I needed to relax lol now I'm stressed about being stressed:(

Thats a really tough one, I still haven't found the answer, I tend to rely on my faith which has made it a lot easier. I wish I knew the answer I hope it gets better.

Thanks future mommie:) xxx think I'm gonna take up a hobby and try some relaxation theraphy:)

I've heard that accupuncture works well with helping you to relax. I was thinking about trying it but now I've started follistim and planning on having an IUI so I'm reserving all extra money for that.

reflexology is really good too, maybe give that a go x

Yoga's really good for giving you relaxation techniques - I found it's helped a lot.

Exercise! lol... I feel better and it helps release any built up energy... but there are times it's extra hard. When I start to have those "anxious" moments, I try to focus on something positive in my life... or close my eyes and imagine myself prego. May sound funny, lol, but sometimes just the thought of it puts a smile on my face... so find whatever your happy place is and remember it will all work out in the end.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone xx I'm back at the gym plus just booked some riding lessons:) also gonna try some reflexology:)

also as suggested I've started planning the nursery and trying to think positively:)

Unfortunately anxiety effects the hypothalamus which is the structure of the brain that controls reproduction (wouldn't you know it!) - so it does have an effect. I am 11 mos post partum (which is good) but my cycles have just started up again and I'm now looking forward to working towards baby #2. I had 2 losses prior to a successful birth and so I'm no stranger to anxiety when it comes to babymaking. This time around (and knowing myself), I am already arming myself with acupressure, regular massage and of course charting (I use Fertility Flower which I really like, about which I can't sing enough praises - this is diff than Fertility FRIEND) to deal with anxiety. I don't look at these things as 'nice to have' - I think of it as required armament because I know that my head will spill out of control without it. I think so often we become so focused on The Baby that we ignore self care and really, it's not a matter of expense - it's a matter of priority.

All the best to you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"