Steam cleaners

Louise88

Dd- ciara and ds- James
Reaction score
Are they worth the money? would they make cleaning easier in the long run?

I'm trying to decide whether to buy one or not. if you recommend I buy a steam cleaner which one should I look into buying? If i'm going to buy one Id like to do it properly so money isn't an issue. I just want to hear your thoughts on them :)

I'm not sure on them as to whether I want one or not will be subscribing to this! I know there's one called the V5 or VX or something and I've seen it raved about on facebook. I like the look of the one with the detatchable handheld bit. I've seen a few adverts and some claim it'll clean your oven sparkling clean/shower/grime/steam carpets/curtains etc.

Not really the same but I just bought a vax steam mop, we have tiled and wooden floors throughout our house and it is amazing! I was going to buy the one with the attachments then thought I'd probably only use it for the floors anyway.

Iv got the JML Shark its amazing i have wood and slate floors and it cleans them brilliant and drys very quick too x

I've got a Vax steam mop, it's just a floor one that comes with a carpet glider. I love it and find it much easier just plugging something in and going rather than filling a mop bucket etc.

I bought this one https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4069391.htm. The Vax is an agreed substitute so you get a much better steam mop for a cheap price :)

I have the genie one. It's a cheap model but it does the job. I have laminate floors and it clears up any dried on food marks that I may have missed that my LO put there and gets them really clean. They are defiantly worth it.

I have a vax home steam cleaner. It's not just the mop. It's a tank with a hose attached and you can attach different bits on the end depending what you are cleaning. TBH it's rubbish, the steam is just not powerful enough to clean difficult things like ovens or bathrooms etc.(which is why I bought it) it does have a mop attachment and its OK at doing the floor but because its not really designed as a mop its still not that great.

If you want it for floors I'd just invest in a decent steam mop and I think that would do a really good job. If you want it general household cleaning I'd just look for the highest pressure possible, but I'm not convinced these general sale machines have enough pressure. You need an industrial/professional steam cleaner IMO.

This is what I have
https://www.vax.co.uk/steam-cleaners/s6-home-master-compact-steam-cleaner

I have a mop steam. It is nice and I do use it but sometimes I feel I need to mop the floor before I use the mop steam.'

What I would really love to have is this....but it is soooooooooo expensive https://www.allergybuyersclub.com/ladybug-xl2300-tancs-vapor-steam-cleaners.html?itemId=1266

I have the vax steam cleaner for floors and love it. It's £100 but in Argos you buy and pay for a £25 steam cleaner and get the vax instead 👍

I have a shark steam pocket mop. Its really good and would totally recommend it! I use it on laminate and tiled floors. It also refreshes carpets and rugs. It has lots of attachments. You can use it on your work surfaces, to clean window, mirrors etc. I love it!

Have just bought a zanussi 2 in 1 that was on offer for £59 through groupon today. Reviews seem to brought good for it and seems like a good price. Retail is £149 and saw it at this price on a few website. Hopefully it will be as good as it seems! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->