steralising ?

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
can anyone tell me when you steralise a bottle or dummy ect how long does it stay steralised for ? and if you do a bottle of milk how long can you keep it for as even though im breast dfeeding i do the odd bottle when we go out ? xxx

I think that it's about 20 mins, but if you make up a bottle of EBM you can keep it for 24-48 hrs at the back of the fridge as long as it all says sealed.

I think that it's about 20 mins, but if you make up a bottle of EBM you can keep it for 24-48 hrs at the back of the fridge as long as it all says sealed.

oh thats not long then, dont wanna sound stupid but what does ebm stand for ? xx

the dummy is not sterile as soon as it reaches the baby's mouth

so if u give a baby a dummy how long should u leave it for before steralising again ? xxx

I would sterilise it often especially in the early weeks. What type of steriliser have you got?

I found this on the tommee tippee one

https://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/product/closer_to_nature_electronic_steam_steriliser_/

but wasnt getting clear advice from the avent one so I would suggest you get a cold water sterilser or even use a little container, like a tupperware container and use milton solution, either tablet form or liquid and use the correct quantity for water. The solution will keep things sterile for 24 hours so you can chuck in heaps of dummies :D

ive got a steam steraliser the avent one, just a bit confused on how often i should steralise his dummys like how long i should leave him with one for before steralising again ?? xxx

I would keep a supply of dummies and replace it at least every day, if not twice a day and everytime it touches the ground obviously.

Oh man, twice a day? I do Erica's pacifiers every couple days! :dohh: They never touch anything yucky tho, and I clean them in between that, just dont sterilize everyday. :baby:

I sterilized Josh's everyday... Or when they touch the ground!

Probably changed Caitlins dummy daily but if it dropped on floor etc we would get a fresh one or swirl round in a bowl of boiled water - basically how we washed them.

Bottles - we have the electric steriliser once done theres a count down of 3 hours - when that has gone to 0 they need sterilised again :confused: but like Marley said if you sterilised and place empty bottles in fridge thats fine!

thanks everyone thats really helpfull i dont know what im worrying about then as i keep steralising his dummys every few hours lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->