sterilisation reversal

kirstyl1981

Reaction score
Hi im not sure if I'm posting this in the right section and after some advice, i was sterilised in 2012 after being bullied into it by a abusive ex partner, I'm now in a new relationship and my partner doesn't have any children and we would love to have a baby together, iv been looking into having it reversed and have seen really good reviews for a consultant mr clive pickles, he operates from BMI park hospital in nottingham, but nottingham is quite a way for me to go as i live in bristol its over 3 hour drive and not sure if i could cope with a 3 hour drive after a operation so looking into the same hospital but in bath as its closer to home. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with that hospital?
Many thanks

Whether or not getting them reversed will be successful depends alot upon what damage was done to your tubes ( if they were tied, cut, burned?) and how much scar tissue will need to be removed, if your left with at least 5cm of tubal length after the surgery then you have a fair chance of getting pregnant , if they are shorter then 4cm after the surgery then your chances of pregnancy are much lower.

I had a reversal in 2012, 1 bfp with iui a year after, ended in m/c. As for me, I have spent enough to cover a cycle of ivf. If I had to do it over I would not have the reversal again. Lots of women do have success tho. You just never know going in what you'll end up with. The journey after reversal is heartbreaking & hard each month. We are now saving for ivf next year. Best wishes on whatever you decide.

I had my tubal reversal way back in 2007. it was successful but have only had 2 bfps since then both ended in early M/C. we will also be doing IVF next year if everything else were trying fails.

I know it might not be the same but my brother in law had himself reversed when he got with my sister and they had 7 pregnancies but one was a mc.

I know it might not be the same but my brother in law had himself reversed when he got with my sister and they had 7 pregnancies but one was a mc.

Sterilization reversal for men usually has higher success rate then female sterilization reversal ,its also not a major surgery for them like it is for us females.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->