Sterilisation

boyzmum

Hat-trick of boys :)
Reaction score
Hi,
Im booked in next tuesday to get sterilised for a variety of reason & was wondering for those who have had it done how bad is & how long is recovery likely to be. The reason im asking is im looking for honest opinions because it will be a struggle if im likely to be laid up for days/unable to pick my 10.5 month old up. My husband is home aswell but.....he has just had operations on both his knees 2 weeks back & cant bear weight on his left leg still let alone carry the baby up & down stairs,to the car,push the buggy etc.
I was going to cancel it but the hospital said i would be put back to the bottom if i do & could wait another 6+ months so not any option.
Thanks in advance sarah x

The recovery time is really quick Hon ... it's keyhole surgery and only the first couple of days are a bit sore :thumbup:

I went back to work 3 days after mine and I was fine in respect of soreness - the anaesthetic effects take a bit longer to wear off so you will feel tired for a while but that doesn't stop you doing stuff. Just make sure you get as much sleep as possible at night or when LO is napping :flower:

Thankyou,
Ive never actually had a GA before & when i told the nurse this on my phonecall she just laughed & said oh this will be fun then :wacko: not exactly filling me with confidence i must admit.
Luckily although Vinnie doesnt really sleep in the day he is great at night,my main concern will be lifting/carrying him as he is a big boy for his age & cant risk hubby even trying to pick him up xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->