Sterilizing

lorenare

Reaction score
When should i sterilize the bottles and pacifiers i bought?? I am 35 weeks.

Only right before you use them as they don't stay sterile long :)

Just before you use them. It'll probably tell you in your instructions how long they say sterile for once done.

Yeah don't do it until last minute. I think they only stay sterile for 24 hours and that's only if they stay in the steriliser (I think). If you aren't going to breastfeed, then you could always buy the ready-made pre-sterilised bottles for when you are in hospital. I've bought some. My hospital has sterilisers that we can use x

And I have a milton dummy steriliser which you can use when you are out and about x

i am planning to breastfeed but just in case i bought some bottles in case bf doesnt work out and want to put two bottles in the hospital bag just in case...i live in iceland and i am not sure if i can find those pre sterilize bottles one of you mentioned...i will ask my midwife about it when i see her...but thank your for your replies!

Oh I don't know if they'll do them in Iceland but Cow & Gate and SMA do them so I'd imagine you would be able to get them. I'm doing the same. Will try breastfeeding but I don't want to feel left in the deep end like last time when I had a screaming hungry baby at 1am who wouldn't latch on keeping the rest of the hospital awake! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->