Stick it out or try something like Conceive Plus?

heychrissie

Reaction score
Hi all, me and OH are TTC#1. Just wondering what your opinions are on this - and also don't want to offend anyone with my second reason!;
I've been debating with myself whether to try Conceive Plus for a month or two now; we are just going into Cycle 5 of TTC. My worries with trying this are;
Possibility of lesser quality swimmers getting through - so possible increased MC risk - don't think this has been proven but I worry
Also feeling a bit less like I've done it myself :/ I'm torn because I'm getting frustrated with waiting but I also kind of DON'T want to try Conceive Plus because then I'll end up thinking that it's only down to that that I got pregnant (if I did). I know it sounds a bit crazy, but...I just feel like I really want this to just be down to my body sorting it out without any help. So I'm a little torn.
I find it difficult because I get stuck with the 'what if's with it. I think 'what if I tried this and got a BFP immediately, and without it would be months and months' and then think about why I don't want to try it.
Not really sure what I'm looking for, just a little support/encouragement maybe? Feeling a little demoralised with it all. Thanks!

ETA; I am not certain of whether or not I get EWCM as I don't check; certainly around when I believe I ovulate due to achiness etc (tmi) when me and OH BD it feels...damper. So I assume I do probably get it. No issue with needing more lubrication during BD at any time of the month.

Hi!

When TTC #1, I got to cycle 3 of negatives, then on month 4 , decided to try conceive plus. (I had also been using OPKS from the start, but didnt do anything else, like temp or check CM).

I fell pregnant that month and was really happy about it, it didn't make me think much else!

At Christmas we decided to try for our second baby and I went straight to conceive plus this time. I fell pregnant that first month.

I can't prove it was the magic ingredient but I'm always happy to explain my experience with it when people ask about it!!

Good luck with it! My opinion is it's not going to HINDER your chances. When people choose to use OPKS, temp, chart, lubricants, whatever, they may as well! If it makes them feel more confident in their chances, that will likely boost morale too and make them feel better. Oh and what makes you worry that stronger swimmers wont get through? Conceive plus is there to help all swimmers on their way. x

Is conceive plus the same as preseed? If I get a bfn this month, I might try it. My cm is a bit haywire!

Is conceive plus the same as preseed? If I get a bfn this month, I might try it. My cm is a bit haywire!

Yes it is. We are on our first cycle using conceive plus after 6+ cycles of using preseed.

OP- sorry if this sounds mean but you are way over thinking this. Conceive plus is a sperm friendly lube...that is all. Women use it all the time and still don't get pregnant, and women use it for multiple cycles and then get pregnant.

If you already have ewcm you really don't need it.

I tried for 5 yrs after fertility tests etc thy put me on clomid for a year, 11 months nothing happened then 12th month was first time i used preseed everytime we bd & i conceived. He is now 7. Last year when decided to ttc #2 i went off pill after being on it for 6 years i used preseed again that first cycle & conceived i did mc at 8 weeks but i really do not think was because of bad swimmers. After mc ttc again this time am using preseed again but i think my cycles hv gne a little wacky after mc so i'm taking vitex to sort then but still use preseed every cycle as i love it & has helped me twice with no fail so i deffo recommend it.

If i dont get bfp this time im going to try it

Yes it is. We are on our first cycle using conceive plus after 6+ cycles of using preseed.

OP- sorry if this sounds mean but you are way over thinking this. Conceive plus is a sperm friendly lube...that is all. Women use it all the time and still don't get pregnant, and women use it for multiple cycles and then get pregnant.

Doesn't sound mean, I do massively overthink things! Just heard a lot of people saying how they had no luck then immediately when they tried C+ they got a bfp made me think about it. I think I'll keep going without for another few months and then consider it again. I'm not positive I get EWCM so I may start checking.
Thanks for all the replies, just getting a bit disheartened sometimes!

Doesn't sound mean, I do massively overthink things! Just heard a lot of people saying how they had no luck then immediately when they tried C+ they got a bfp made me think about it. I think I'll keep going without for another few months and then consider it again. I'm not positive I get EWCM so I may start checking.

I know, I get kind of angry when people think it's this miracle worker because a lot of women have tried it and gotten pregnant their first cycle with it....but for every women with a positive, there is one where it didn't work for months....but no one seems to listen to the women who say it didn't work right away for them.

I just don't like giving false hope. For many women the cycle they used it really could have just been good timing all around.

Anyway...good luck to you! I hope you get your BFP and don't even have to try it!!

I know, I get kind of angry when people think it's this miracle worker because a lot of women have tried it and gotten pregnant their first cycle with it....but for every women with a positive, there is one where it didn't work for months....but no one seems to listen to the women who say it didn't work right away for them.

I just don't like giving false hope. For many women the cycle they used it really could have just been good timing all around.

Anyway...good luck to you! I hope you get your BFP and don't even have to try it!!

Thanks, good luck to you too! Just got to pull myself out of the funk and go for positivity :)

I used it after several cycles with BFNs for my first pregnancy. I ordered it and we got our BFP that cycle :)

I had been using preseed since we had started TTC because i felt too dry. I was also using OPk's and stuff but, no luck those first cycles.

It's always worth a try IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->