Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Oh how daft I am :dohh:
Happy 16 weeks Jess!!

About birthing plan, I don't have much of a plan as the hospital I'll go to supports natural birth. Elective c-section is not an option as they only do c-section in case of an emergency. I'll do some more research about delayed cord clamping and ask them about that. I like the hospital as they also put baby on your chest immediately after birth for an hour to bond etc. If something was wrong then they would take baby away before placing on your chest.

Also they don't have nurseries as they encourage you to be able to breastfeed on demand as soon as baby wants so baby will stay in room with me :D

Oh, Jess... Happy 16 weeks.... How's your MS? Hope it's all in the past now....

Pam, remind them that there are other ladies they are messing with if they don't give you even one picture.... If possible better do this :brat: when they said they couldnt make a print out.. And if that's the case insist that you take photo using your phone... Or have them recorded directly to a flash.... Just remember to bring one... It'll be awesome if you get a video if printouts is not an option.... Can't wait.... Hoping to wake up with Baby J's first picture....

I'll do lots of :cry: and :brat: to get my way!!!
There will be no dissapointing my B&B family!

I'm so excited now! Getting closer and closer!!

Happy 16 weeks Jess!!

Pam I am totally calling boy!

We are super crunchy with our birth plan. Your hospital sounds awesome Pamela! But ours is not like that. I'll have to be pretty clear that I want to go it totally unmedicated with no interventions unless like ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. We want to wait for the cord to stop pulsing before cutting it (gotta get that oxygen!) and put the baby on me right after delivery for bonding.. and I really want to watch that newborn crawl! Have you guys seen it?! Unmedicated babies will like legit crawl up to the mama's boob right after birth. Pretty remarkable.

Oh and Pamela when is your u/s tomorrow? I need it to be early so I can wake up to the news! :rofl:

Jess the only problem with me telling MIL that we aren't sure if they allow anyone else in the us room is that she was at the first appointment when the lady said they allow 8-10 people and she was planning on being right there from the getgo :growlmad: BUT that doesn't matter, I can be honest and say "We haven't yet discussed and decided if we are going to have people join us for the ultrasound. We will be sure to let you know when we figure that out". :thumbup: :winkwink:

Cheryl, it will be tomorrow morning. I'll be at the hospital well before 8am to try and be 1st. It's 19h45 now :D

The hospital calls it being baby friendly so they don't allow bottles as breastfeeding is a must! Baby placed on your chest immediately exactly for the reason you said now - they crawl!! I cannot wait for that. So I don't really need a birth plan because what I want is pretty much hospital policy :dance:

That's amazing I never heard of that, the baby crawling after birth. I plan on breastfeeding so I have discussed it a little with my OH that I want to have that immediate skin to skin contact after delivery and encouraged him to as well in order to bond with baby. I didn't realize that skin to skin can help bring in your milk supply. I was so young and uneducated with my previous births that I just delivered, let the staff do their thing and then later tried nursing and got frustrated very quickly. I pumped some with my DD but my supply didn't last long. That's one reason why I'm really considering having no one else at delivery but my OH and I. It's going to be a very personal, intimate moment and I'm not comfortable at all with my hoo-ha and fun bags all out on display. If my mom was there it wouldn't be a big deal but I feel like I can't include my mom and not his, I don't know. And if I decide to have my sister in there to videotape I would be OK with that and can justify it because she has an important, specified duty.

The other thing to remember with breastfeeding is that your body will work on supply and demand. Therefore the more you feed, the higher the demand which in turn helps you to supply more.

I'm planning to breastfeed exclusively for the 1st 6 months and will pump when I go back to work.

Also, I didn't realize when I gave birth to my DS that even though the hospital has a nursery that I could keep him in my room with me at night :dohh: So here I was sending him to the nursery every night while I was there thinking that was protocol! With my DD we kept her with us the entire time unless they needed to take her for tests or whatever. This baby isn't going to leave my kung fu grip!:haha: My supply didn't come in until the next day or two and when it did boy was I engorged! I remember making my DH at the time run me to the nearest grocery store for cabbage and I couldn't stuff the leaves in my bra fast enough! And he wanted to look in the hunting section... men :wacko: I've been trying to read up some on breastfeeding on BnB to see other women's tips and suggestions because I'm really determined to stick with it this time. I will likely have 6 weeks off work, if not 8 depending on how I use my vacation time. For the first few weeks - if all works out - I plan to exclusively nurse, then for the couple weeks before I go back to work I will pump and introduce a bottle. I will also need to start and freeze a supply for when I'm back to work. Seems like a lot to do but in the long run it will be cost effective and most importantly best for baby :thumbup:

That is great ideas Jyllian and you are so right! It's healthiest for our babies and for us as well to exclusively breastfeed :D

I already warned my OH that because of my strong desire to nurse that if all does work out he won't be partaking in feedings for a few weeks. He had mentioned helping feed baby a few times but I was like nuh-uh no bottles for awhile! I suggested that perhaps all three of us can snuggle on the couch or in bed together while I nurse, as to include him. And I also said that he can be the one to change the first diaper at the hospital as well as give the first bath and clothe our baby and get plenty of snuggle time so he feels needed and important and not left out :thumbup:

Jyllian that's very smart to not let the LO have a bottle for weeks! In Bradley they say six weeks nothing but breast, because otherwise there might be nipple confusion. After 6 weeks the baby can understand but until then it can cause problems. I'm not looking forward to waking the baby up every two hours to feed those first few weeks but it's good for both of us in the long run..

I'm also thinking about having just DH & me and the doula in delivery.. but I know my mom will get so upset! However she's super high strung and a nervous sort of person and I know that will stress me out. Maybe I can frame it like it's a really intimate thing just the two of us.. but bleh

I've been trying to read up some on breastfeeding on BnB to see other women's tips and suggestions because I'm really determined to stick with it this time

Pumping after feeds really helped us. Luca's weight has shot up since I started doing it and I have a huge amount stored already. :flower:

Eeeeeeeek!!! So the lady I messaged yesterday responded today and included the consent form for me to sign as well as my doctor for the ultrasound volunteer position! I have never and figured would never ever have a chance for an early ultrasound so I am super excited! I had to email what I assume is the course director at the campus, giving her my information, and am awaiting a response to hopefully schedule an appointment! :happydance:

The first lady said I'm perfect because I'm at the stage they're studying. I keep checking my email anticipating a response from the instructor/director lady...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->