Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Gender guesses anyone? Only 10 days 21 hours and 39 minutes until my ultrasound! :laugh2:

I'll guess girl :flower: I'm just guessing though, I have nothing to go on :haha:

10 days will go by quickly :wacko:

Hey ladies! Got some potentially good news today at my OB appointment. I actually got to see both the attending and the higher up in charge of my case. First off Luke was moving around too much for them to get a read on the Doppler but she said that its perfectly fine because he's moving around and kicking and whatnot in there. I am measuring at 24cm fundal height which is also good! i had the glucose test and will hear back later today if something is wrong.

The good news though......they are going to review my records and talk to anastesiology about whether or not I am able to have an epidural or not. Previously I was told there would be no way, but now it might be possible. I of course am really hoping that I can do this naturally but in the event of a c-section it would at least prevent me from having to be completely put under. The other good news is that they are looking into pain medications that are not demoral based due to an allergy I have. Oh.....and I may not need the ddavp afterall due to the difference in labor bleeding vs. regular bleeding.

That is great if it all works out Jess, which I really hope it does! Have they given you a time frame as to whether they will let you know?

My boss is really driving me insane! I cannot handle it anymore and she is totally being a crazy lunatic b*tch!!! She actually fought with me shouting that I did something wrong after it was confirmed in the meeting Monday that it was suppose to be done differently.... Here is the best part - WE DID NOT EVEN HAVE A MEETING ON MONDAY!!! WTF?!

Anyway I contacted one of the other real estate agencies in town and it seems that they would be able to appoint me after maternity leave. They are looking at a half day job to begin with. Now I'm just waiting for them to call me to set up a meeting so that we can discuss workind hours and salary before I make my final decision.

I have so much to be thankful for but like I explained to DH I cannot enjoy anythig because the negativity from work/boss is overshadowing everything in my life and I am just struggling to be able to feel happy! I feel like a bad mom for actually saying that out loud :cry:

Please keep fingers crossed that they call me sooner rather than later so that we can sort out the details and then I can resign and be rid of my current employer ASAP!

Depending on what the details are we can work it as follow:
1. Resign with effect from 1 May and then start maternity leave on 1 June - 3 months with Matthew and then start working on October 1st

or 2. Resign on May 19 and stop working on June 19 - 4 months with Matthew and start working on Nov 1st

If it is a half day job and the pay is mostly the same as I'm getting now it would be AMAZING because I would have more time with Matthew as well :D

Sorry for the rant and long post, I just wanted to ask for prayers, fx or thoughts - whichever you ladies do :hugs:

My boss is really driving me insane! I cannot handle it anymore and she is totally being a crazy lunatic b*tch!!! She actually fought with me shouting that I did something wrong after it was confirmed in the meeting Monday that it was suppose to be done differently.... Here is the best part - WE DID NOT EVEN HAVE A MEETING ON MONDAY!!! WTF?!

Anyway I contacted one of the other real estate agencies in town and it seems that they would be able to appoint me after maternity leave. They are looking at a half day job to begin with. Now I'm just waiting for them to call me to set up a meeting so that we can discuss workind hours and salary before I make my final decision.

I have so much to be thankful for but like I explained to DH I cannot enjoy anythig because the negativity from work/boss is overshadowing everything in my life and I am just struggling to be able to feel happy! I feel like a bad mom for actually saying that out loud :cry:

Please keep fingers crossed that they call me sooner rather than later so that we can sort out the details and then I can resign and be rid of my current employer ASAP!

Depending on what the details are we can work it as follow:
1. Resign with effect from 1 May and then start maternity leave on 1 June - 3 months with Matthew and then start working on October 1st

or 2. Resign on May 19 and stop working on June 19 - 4 months with Matthew and start working on Nov 1st

If it is a half day job and the pay is mostly the same as I'm getting now it would be AMAZING because I would have more time with Matthew as well :D

Sorry for the rant and long post, I just wanted to ask for prayers, fx or thoughts - whichever you ladies do :hugs:

I'm sorry you are dealing with this Pam! What a wacko your boss is. Hopefully one of the other jobs works out for you. Not to be mosey or anything but could you guys afford for you to take a lesser paying half time position to avoid full time daycare? Your happiness and ability to be with your son will probably outweigh less work hours.

They don't have a timeframe for me but that's ok right now. I go back at 29 weeks 2 days for my last monthly appointment and then start every other week appointments. Oh and my 3D ultrasound was able to go through. I was the last available appointment with the only tech trained in 3d ultrasound!

Oh, Apple does have an overlay app..... Here is mine :) skinny pic is week 4, fat picture is from Tuesday

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 3
Pam, I hope you get things sorted out at work quickly. We spend so much time at work, it shouldn't have to be miserable! I'm excited to chat with you about life after maternity leave. Most women I've met in here will be sahm. I'm looking forward to going back to work but will definitely need a buddy and some advice!

Jess, it seems you've had so many scares and issues. I'm surprised to hear you're going to go for #2 soon after. At least I think I remember you saying that. Good for you.

Tonight (31w0d), we finally saw our baby slide a part of his body. Before DH only feels it sliding when he put his hand on my belly :dance: There's been a lot of movements before DH took a video here's a short shot hopefully you'll see it. If you're using a laptop it'll be easier since i put an annotation where the movement happened.

https://youtu.be/ZJ6KgSk1n_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ6KgSk1n_4&app=desktop

Pam, I hope you get things sorted out at work quickly. We spend so much time at work, it shouldn't have to be miserable! I'm excited to chat with you about life after maternity leave. Most women I've met in here will be sahm. I'm looking forward to going back to work but will definitely need a buddy and some advice!

Jess, it seems you've had so many scares and issues. I'm surprised to hear you're going to go for #2 soon after. At least I think I remember you saying that. Good for you.

Yes we are going to ntnp for a year and see what happens. I would rather get it all out of the way rather than drag it out. Plans may change though with the surgery I was supposed to have but didn't 3 days after we found out.

Tonight (31w0d), we finally saw our baby slide a part of his body. Before DH only feels it sliding when he put his hand on my belly :dance: There's been a lot of movements before DH took a video here's a short shot hopefully you'll see it. If you're using a laptop it'll be easier since i put an annotation where the movement happened.

I definitely saw movement. Has hubby not seen big ones like that before? I'm jealous you could post it! I've filmed a couple of those myself but I'm never dressed (lol) so there is always a nipple or shot of my goodie bits in the video

Cool video daphne!!

Jess- fx for you that you can get an epidural if need be! Or other Meds..

Jyl- I say girl! You want a girl right? I forget..

Pam- good luck on the PT job! Sounds like the best of both worlds! I hope you get to resign soon! So which company would pay for your maternity leave if you resign?

AFM: some girl that I barely know on our street was passing by on my walk outside and asked me if i was pregnant and it totally caught me off guard! I feel bigger but I didn't think I looked pregnant enough for someone to actually ask!! It kinda bugged me. Who asks someone that's barely 3 months prego that they are pregnant ? I could just have easily just had a huge meal and not be pregnant and I'm pretty sure I've looked this big after a big meal before lol. Thought that was very bold of her to ask and alittle rude. I've never cared for her so maybe that's why it bugged me but after she asked I just felt fat.. :( DH doesn't get it. He thinks I'd wanna look prego. I do but I've always been told no one should be able to tell until your 16 weeks and I'm 12 barely! So now I just feel fat! Sigh. #timetolayoffthecarbs

Awwwe! If the no one can tell before week 16 thing were real I'd be screwed. At least she guessed pregnant. I know it sucks like you want people to notice that you're pregnant but when they do you feel bad about it. The same goes when they start commenting on how large or small you are.

This chick at the grocery store guessed when I was like 12 weeks and my bump was tiny!! Maybe it's an aura we give off :haha:

Jess, DH only saw kicks and punches before and for slide movement we havent seen it from the outside until last night. Whenever i tell him i felt a sliding movement he tries to put his hand on my belly and will feel them as well more when he lays it on the bed and i press my belly on it :haha: so seing it actually happen made him giggle so hard hence the rubbing of my belly just to see baby do it again on video :D

Twinsie, I started showing super early, I couldn't hide it from anyone by week 12! Don't feel fat, you are beautiful!!!!!

Pamela, your boss makes me crazy, I am so glad you have ideas in place. You need to get out of there!

Daphne, DH and I love your video! :cloud9:

Jess, glad you finally had a great appt!!! And your pic overlay is awesome!!!!

First of all thank you all of you ladies who have been so supportive! You will never know how much it means to me :hugs:

I'm sorry you are dealing with this Pam! What a wacko your boss is. Hopefully one of the other jobs works out for you. Not to be mosey or anything but could you guys afford for you to take a lesser paying half time position to avoid full time daycare? Your happiness and ability to be with your son will probably outweigh less work hours.

They don't have a timeframe for me but that's ok right now. I go back at 29 weeks 2 days for my last monthly appointment and then start every other week appointments. Oh and my 3D ultrasound was able to go through. I was the last available appointment with the only tech trained in 3d ultrasound!

At this stage DH said to me if the salary cut isn't that huge he would say go for it all the way. Half day will def. give me more time with Matthew which would be really amazing!
DH works from home so we won't be spending any money on daycare either way.

My boss did call me in this morning to ask me what my problem is :saywhat: so I finally decided screw this and let her have it. Anyway the air is cleared but I've been through this 3x before so we'll see how long it lasts this time.

I'll be your buddy anytime! I think we'll both need the support as well because it might seem easy now but I'm sure we'll struggle a bit with leaving them and going to work.

Just be warned that should I suddenly come into a lot of money I'll be a SAHM too :haha:

:yipee: that's amazing!!!!

Jess, you made me giggle now with nipples or goodies in your shots :rofl:

Cool video daphne!!

Jess- fx for you that you can get an epidural if need be! Or other Meds..

Jyl- I say girl! You want a girl right? I forget..

Pam- good luck on the PT job! Sounds like the best of both worlds! I hope you get to resign soon! So which company would pay for your maternity leave if you resign?

AFM: some girl that I barely know on our street was passing by on my walk outside and asked me if i was pregnant and it totally caught me off guard! I feel bigger but I didn't think I looked pregnant enough for someone to actually ask!! It kinda bugged me. Who asks someone that's barely 3 months prego that they are pregnant ? I could just have easily just had a huge meal and not be pregnant and I'm pretty sure I've looked this big after a big meal before lol. Thought that was very bold of her to ask and alittle rude. I've never cared for her so maybe that's why it bugged me but after she asked I just felt fat.. :( DH doesn't get it. He thinks I'd wanna look prego. I do but I've always been told no one should be able to tell until your 16 weeks and I'm 12 barely! So now I just feel fat! Sigh. #timetolayoffthecarbs

Twinsie, I started showing super early, I couldn't hide it from anyone by week 12! Don't feel fat, you are beautiful!!!!!

Pamela, your boss makes me crazy, I am so glad you have ideas in place. You need to get out of there!

Daphne, DH and I love your video! :cloud9:

Jess, glad you finally had a great appt!!! And your pic overlay is awesome!!!!

Aww, so sorry Pam your boss is acting up again. I think it will only get worse as you go along with your pregnancy knowing that you'll leave the company soon. She knows you're a great employee and losing you makes her crazy... Hoping you'll get a call as soon as possible from your prospective employer...

AFM, i feel overwhelmed looking at all the baby stuffs we have. Im starting to wash them and i just thought this is too many small clothes to wash????!!!! :wacko: We got a chance to visit Mamas & Papas yesterday and we only got 3 fitted sheets for Adam's matress and 2 folding sunshade for the car they're so expensive :rofl:

https://i58.tinypic.com/281hun9.jpg

Daphne - I felt the same way trying to put stuff away rather than just in bags all over the floor. What I fid was separate the clothes by size so that I'm only washing the newborn And 0-3 month clothes for now. When he grows to the next size I'll get the new size washed and put the too small size in a container for storage. Cuts down on my now pile and let me see what I had. Plus he's not going to be wearing any 3-6 month and beyond stuff for months

Pam, I'm playing the lottery daily. If I win enough, I'll send you some so we can both be SAHM's :rofl: Glad you cleared the air with your boss. Sometimes it helps just to get things off your chest!

Daphne it looks like Adam is moshing around in there, so cute!

I can only imagine how yall feel about all the baby stuff! I'm less than 20 weeks and feeling sooo overwhelmed about the nursery and all the little stuff we'll need for it. Obviously we won't find out the sex til about 23 weeks and we will need to paint and buy and plan and ah!! We did get our glider yesterday and I am sooooo in love with it. It was recommended by a couple local friends and reclines as well as glides which they said is super nice for sleeping a bit in the nursery if baby is colicky or sick. It's sooo incredibly comfy, the back is stuffed full of down and I was actually surprised by how much I love it! It's a bit plain looking so we are hopeful we can use it around the house later on post-babies. This is the color

https://i59.tinypic.com/az8l0n.jpg

And this is the chair:

https://www.stashhome.com/mobile/detail/classic-natural-sofa3

I couldn't decide between the white-ish and grey but the dresser is white and crib will be white plus we have this huge rug that will go in there that's white so I figured that's plenty of white! What do yall think? The grey looks a bit bluish in the photo. I think it would look lovely with a coral paint which is what we would do for a girl :haha:

I'm so excited for Laura to make her way over to this thread! I've been waking up so excited to see her line progressions! I don't know much about her story, has she had early losses in the past?

Cheryl, I think she's had one early loss. I think.

I'm feeling overwhelmed as well. I have picked nursery things out, but no purchases yet. I need to just break things up in batches. Pinterest has helped out a ton! Really nice glider, I'm on the hunt for a used one. We live in a townhouse and our furniture is pretty set elsewhere in the house, so it'll be nursery specific.

Dani I can't decide if we should just allocate a chunk of money and go for the nursery.. That helped us when we moved into this house rather than lots of little purchases or just do a little here a little there. So hard to imagine it all without it being painted and there being no crib. This is the crib I think we're getting. It looks nice in the photo but SO cute in nurseries!

17_White_M4201W_crib_front_H_resize_13.jpg

I think I'm trying to get it all done early because I'm REALLY nervous about work. Since I'm freelance I don't really get to take a break, I just have to get everything done in advance and hopefully that will include an ongoing version of the contract I just got for may and June. I'm hoping to take 6 weeks so for at least another six weeks before baby I'll be working double trying to gets everything done bleh! So I guess that's why I'm so nervous about not waiting on the nursery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->