Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

Haha ladies melon.. Yall are crazy. Melewen is actually my name in elvish?!? I had a high school boyfriend who was like super into that stuff (he's got a phd in astrophysics now so whatever, his loss) and he always called me that!

Jess my friend is gonna take the box pretty sure. I told her she could also just put them in a dark trash bag and we could leave while she transfers them! I'm begging this week to just fly by and as soon as we get to Friday we're basically home free! We'll be prepping all weekend but we have a wedding Saturday which will be fun. My friend also ordered scratch off cards to send to my out of town family, they're so cute!

https://s8.postimg.org/l2sojhc7p/image.jpg
https://postimage.org/app.php

Looking great Jyllian.... I'm loving Cameron's clothes..... Yep.... Stop. Buying. Clothing.. (for now, tomorrow will be different :haha:).

Jamie I just did your gender quiz and it's 13 :pink: and 9 :blue: !! But of the most accurate so far... 6/7 say :pink:!! When is your scan?

It's tomorrow Cheryl! And when is YOUR gender reveal?! I'm dyyyying!!!

THat's what I thought and then I was like wait, I think I'm confusing Jyllian's whose was on a Thursday.. haha! Damn I can't wait!

Mine is Sunday at 5 pm CST!

Yeah I also have a scan tomorrow but nothing overly exciting as I already revealed gender. I'm always excited to see Cameron and feel so fortunate for all of these extra ultrasound opportunities! Plus, my OH is likely coming with me tomorrow so he can see our lil guy moving around and experience the sudden, clear, cute views that don't always get captured in stills.

Oh, and I've been trying to think of things to get OH for Father's Day this year :shrug: I know he'd love a back massager with multiple settings to use in a chair at home... plus I could sneak in a few uses :winkwink: And he loves using the coffee brewer I got him for Christmas and has quite a few boxes of K-cups so I thought about getting his a spinning K-cup holder. I would really like to get him something for his truck, like an air compressor, but that's getting pretty pricey and we have our shower coming up as well as getting anything we still need for Cameron after that. Maybe a nice dinner as well or I don't know... He's been wanting some new shorts so I could order those... I'm sure he'll like whatever I do, I just want it to be a nice surprise. What are you ladies doing, if anything?

That sounds lovely! We aren't doing anything this year. This is our 1st and we won't celebrate mothers day or Father's Day until next year when baby gets here. We will take my FIL to dinner so DH gets a little feel of celebration, but no gifts.

Whenever I get gifts, I typically like them to be useful/practical. I figured he'd definitely use the massager (and it'd get me out of doing the job myself by hand!) and the K-cup holder is useful, plus he'll likely be enjoying way more coffee once Cameron is here lol so the holder will keep his flavors easily accessible :thumbup: I don't want to get him all things that I could possibly use as well... so the shorts he's been wanting would be a nice *only for him* gift. There's also a cute little Father's Day poem I had found awhile back and I may have it printed upon an ultrasound photo of his lil boy and framed or if I'm lazy I'll just post it on his Facebook wall <3

I def thought Cheryl's username was melon at first too lol. I like using real names , glad we do that on this thread!

Jyllian- love those outfits! Super cute. Your bump is looking great! Has it changed much lately?

Pam- I hope next week goes by fast for you!!!

Daphne- when are you done working for ML??

Cheryl- really cute box!!! You did a great job. I can't wait to find out Sunday night!! I can't believe the majority of my gender wives tales are team girl!! I've been convinced this entire time I'm having a boy! DH thinks I'm just trying to jinx it so we really have a girl which he thinks I want secretly. At first I did! But ever since I started thinking it was a boy based on timing of O and when we dtd I have gotten used to the idea of boy! So now I truly don't care either way. I just want to know so I can plan the nursery!! And names!! :)

My scan is innnnnnn 21 hours!!!!!! 10:30 tom mornng! However I won't be able to update you guys until about 5 pm easten time.. I bought a cute piñata from Walmart today that DH is gonna fill with the appropriate color candy after our appt and come over at 4 tomorrow so the kids I take care of (nanny for) can find out the gender a fun way! They are all super excited and ask me every single day if I know yet what I'm having. So I thought itd be fun to do with them and video it! The 3 boys want me to have a boy and Sara the 6 yr old wants a girl, of course! I'll post the video here as my reveal to you girls :)

My dr appt today went well. I was anxious since it has been over a month since my last baby check in. Heartbeat was 160, and I'm measuring on track. All is well!

Glad everything went well Jamie... FHR 160? Hmmm Girl maybe? Can't wait....

I'll finish working at the end of the month. ML starts 1st of June till whenever i want i guess lol. DH needs to fix all of Adam's papers for him to travel back home and once done I'll tender my resignation. Reason, no one will take care of him if i work. FX my employer will approve. :D

Jamie I think girl for you. And you can definitely message me on Facebook and let me know :)

Jamie my belly hasn't really changed much lately as far as I can tell :shrug: But I do notice I feel more awkwardly pregnant as of late, like getting out of bed and tying my shoes are much more strenuous now.

Dh thinks girl and I'm sticking to boy so one of us will be right! Lol. Looks like most of you say girl!
We shall see!!! :) :) :)

Jyllian - I'm not doing Father's Day this year. We decided to wait until next year to start that . Your gift ideas are all nice, so you can't go wrong! Just don't go broke lol

Hello ladies! My 2nd beta results came in @ 201!! They more than doubled, which is amazing news! I cannot wait for our first U/S! :happydance:

Jamie I read in Impatient Woman's Guide that the traditional Shettles timing is totally backwards! So if you're basing your timing off that it would be girl :rofl: I really think it is girl for you!! The more I think about mine the more I'm convinced I'm having a girl too.. Now I really want one too! Like I said I go back and forth every freaking day

Can I just rant for a second?! So we asked for gender guesses last night on FB and like an hour before in the kitchen DH had said "Well I GUESS I would be OK with a girl" OK honey.. we get it, you want a son to like.. bear your name. Whatever. But anyway, he chimes in on the post with "team healthy baby" ("Just to be a jackass" he said to me) and then like four other people said the same thing! Uh since when is being healthy and the sex of the baby like related at all?? I"m sorry, but that just bothers me. I know Jess chimed in when this happened last time 'cause I was complaining on Facebook to her and Jyllian and Jamie :D It reminds me of this video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbTB3ASkdOo

But seriously, how are they related AT ALL?! It just makes me feel like these people are trying to be *better* than me. Oh, we don't care what sex the baby is.. NO SH*T YOU HAVE FIVE KIDS. I just want to be able to envision my life with the baby as freaking a daughter or son, and like Dani said it will help our bonding a lot. I can buy headbands or Jordans! You know?! Anyway.. annoyed. Rant over!

Daphne I can't believe your maternity leave is so soon! Posting that waterfall to force you to POAS seems like just yesterday :cry: And Jamie, weren't you JUST like 4 weeks pregnant?! Seems like I don't comprehend the passage of time.. lol

For Fathers Day I REALLY want to get DH a grill. He's been asking for one for over a year and it'd be nice to have one new deck that he built last summer too. Plus if that means he's going to make dinner, I'm all for it! The only problem is the one he wants is like $400. I think I can get my mom to throw in a little but I"m kinda like ehh...... I mean, we'll buy it anyway eventually. But ehhh...... babies.... they're expensive. I don't know. I guess if I have this contract extended for the tea people I work for then I can go with it but otherwise eh.... I just don't know what else!

Cheryl, I completely get what ur saying. Of course you'd be happy either way but when you've been waiting so long, of course ur going to want to know what baby stuff to buy ASAP! I can't wait to find out what your having!!! And omgoshh, it truly does seem like its only been a couple of months AT THE MOST since u posted that waterfall for Daphne! Omg, she made me NUTS waiting for her test! I seriously wanted to just POAS for her! :rofl: She made us wait soo long! lol. Its crazy how fast times flying! With ALL of you, it seems like you all just got preggers but its been quite awhile! I'm so happy I finally could join u all!

Cheryl, similar to your rant. Major disclaimer here but when people say "oh we don't care as long as it's healthy"...who doesnt want a healthy baby?! Im happy with a roof over my head but ask me what I want and I can easilt say I want a mansion!

The grill is an amazing gift and long-lasting, but I feel you on the expense pain!

Want me to do it again? Dani ill do it for you too

I saw that on fb Cheryl! I rolled my eyes for you! So irritating! I mean come on, wanting a healthy baby goes without saying people !!!!! Now can we have some fun and guess?!

Haha yeah like in the video "I can't wait til I hear someone say 'dont care if it's braindead, don't care if it's limbless, if it has a penis'" hahaha. I mean OBVIOUSLY! But how does the color of balloons have anything to do with it? The first thing I wanted to know at our scan was a) the baby's like.. really in there b) it's human c) everything looks good. Obviously we're not having a "is baby healthy?!" reveal because um... really?!

Yall I'm so depressed.. I've been looking at maternity shoots on Pinterest and have found this one photographer who manages to only shoot the most gorgeous, skinny pregnant women who are apparently wealthy and basically models :rofl: Mine will NOT look like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->