Sticking Together Until We Are In Diapers Ourselves!

I'm sure she's fine, probably just adjusting to life as a new mum :) I worked with children before having my own and still didn't realise how hard it was going to be!

Yes, I was wondering about her too. She is probably loving and cuddling her little girl :D

Dani, we werent offered such test but i've read about it a couple of times. Since yours is covered why not plus it's non-invasive and you'll defo know your baby's gender sooner instead of waiting few more weeks. Maybe it'll make you bond more with Q. :dance:

AFM, we just arrived home and guess what? DH brought me to babyshop and we started buying few stuff :dance: We also checked cribs, stroller, car seat and everything we could think of :haha: too bad we forgot to bring the list too excited i guess :haha: i'm going to post pictures tomorrow. This is it... :yipee:

Yea. We're going to move forward with it.

Can't wait to see your pics! Shopping is so fun!

I bought belly bands today. Couldn't button my pants lol

Aww how exciting, shopping is fun! Is it terrible that I want to get mostly new items for this baby? I have nothing and am starting all over again after ten years! Partly, because I was so young with my other two and unable to really provide as I am now and also partly because I am a germaphobe and also picky/particular. My SO's mom tagged me in a FB garage sale site post today regarding another swing. It's a nice swing but not the one I was wanting to look at and hopefully get (I was eyeing up a swing/bouncer seat combo). I am prepared to purchase these things and am in no way expecting things to be bought for and gifted to us. We are going to have a coed shower/diaper party BaBy-Q this summer, as it's his first child and well like I said we have nothing. Is that wrong? Someone said "I thought you only had a shower for your first?". I've heard about having a "sprinkle" for additional pregnancies, but like I said this is HIS first and it's been over a decade since my last pregnancy. It's more so to get family and friends together to celebrate and as of right now him and I are going to plan it. We are going to look at baby items tomorrow while I'm doing some maternity clothes shopping.

"Proper" etiquette is to have a baby shower for your first unless it's a child of the opposite sex or it's been many years between children. Etiquette aside, I think anyone is entitled to have a baby shower if they want. I think the only thing is to have someone else throw the shower.....anything else goes. We are piggy backing on the party my mom and sister are throwing to do the gender reveal.

In South Africa women have baby showers for every baby so I don't know else wise.

I don't think it is wrong for you wanting to buy new, Jyllian :D

Thanks everyone. I'm Fi & this will be my first. It's still really early though!

My parents were hilarious - after months of "guessing" they were totally surprised

Jyllian I've been to showers for second babies for sure! So I wouldn't worry. I was just thinking about what kind of shower we would want and it's just like yours! Co-ed, just a party. Dh will appreciate being involved I know

Dani I had no idea testing was ever covered!! You inspired me to put it on my list of questions for insurance! Can't wait to find out the sex.. Love that you're rocking belly bands already! Is it baby or bloat do you think?

Bump series begins... Obviously there's no bump quite yet but I wanted to get a standard and show the wintry weather!

https://baby.themalikfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/7weeks-1.jpg

So cute!

What do you get when you combine a 4" tiny person, a momma that's 12" wide by 5" deep and daddy's hand? That's right folks......daddy just got his first feel of the wee one moving. I am so blessed to have a tiny frame and a posterior placenta. Without those I don't know that I would even be lucky enough to feel baby moving yet.

I wonder how SweetMelodies is doing? Was just thinking about her...

I'm sure she's fine, probably just adjusting to life as a new mum :) I worked with children before having my own and still didn't realise how hard it was going to be!

Yes, I was wondering about her too. She is probably loving and cuddling her little girl :D

I'm here! I just haven't really had a chance to post. It seems like every time I go to something comes up. For instance I've been trying to get back to post on here for almost 2 hours. The little one woke up so I fed her, but she just did not want to settle down again. I just finally got her to calm down and she fell asleep.

It's been crazy, Kirsty is right. I've also worked with children before. My mother ran an daycare for 9 years and I helped her everyday but having your own is very different. I am very thankful to my mother she has been here every weekday when DH is at work, she takes care of me so I can take care of Kira.

I also didn't realize just how hormonal and stressed out I would be. I thought the worrying during pregnancy was bad. Sorry don't want to scare you ladies but the first 2 weeks I was so paranoid, thank god for the internet I was constantly on my phone when I had time looking up everything I could. I would also randomly burst into tears for basically no reason, which is completely normal. Still was not fun!

Kira will be 3 weeks tomorrow and I am feeling much better now. Not so stressed out now that I feel more secure in what I'm doing. Also getting use to the lack of sleep lol zzz.:sleep:

I'm sorry I haven't really been able to post much, but I've been reading the posts and I'm glad you ladies are doing well. If you have any questions about these first few weeks don't hesitate to ask.

Yay Sweet, I'm so happy you and Kira are doing well! Don't worry about not being able to post as often, we understand :hugs:

Cheryl, I agre with the other ladies! Those pics are very cute and if you don't mind me saying... You belong in the HOT mamma classes too :D

Yay Jess! Happy DH could feel baby moving! Such a special moment!!

And here is what we bought last night... Like I said, just a few... :D :lol: First baby stuff.

4 Blankets, 2 waterproof mattress pad, 5 onesies/undershirts (dont blame me i'm not sure what to call them :haha:)... Didn't buy colored onesies because all we could think of is blue :haha: we don't wanna end up having only one color...

Oh, the scarf upper far right will be used for Adam's photoshoot... :dance:

https://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag240/mdscpa/IMG_0310_zps40d6fd53.jpg

Great photo Cheryl..... Can't wait to see the bump progress.... Maybe you'll start to show in two or three weeks..... :dance:

Ok ladies..... DH finished the picture slideshow video for our pregnancy announcement never thought i'd cry.... :cry: Don't worry it's a happy tears... We talked and agreed to put it in public NOW instead of waiting few more weeks (24 weeks, V-day)... Why wait if everything is out of our control, right? DH entitled the video "Picture Slideshow" so our friends/relatives wouldn't have a clue before they open the video.... Will post the video later... :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->