Stiff neck

Elliebank

♥Mummy to Katie & Ethan♥
Reaction score
Hi ladies :hi:

For the last few days I've had a stiff neck. I thought I'd just slept funny but it doesn't normally last this long. I've googled it today & apparently it can be do with the pregnancy - cos everything is moving inside to accomodate the baby which can put a strain on yr spine & neck.

Has anyone else experienced this? How long does it last? Is there anything I can do to relieve it?

Im sorry I can't really help but didn't want to read and run, I hope it settles down soon, take care :hugs: XX

A good neck massage! haha. I get a stiff neck all the time, I figured it must be related to my pregnancy because my neck doesn't usually get this stiff unless I've overly strained it. Really though, a good neck massage will help a lot. I try and get my partner to rub my neck everyday (with some perseverance) and that helps loosen up the tight muscles.

You could also try the tennis ball technique where you rub one or two tennis balls on the back of your neck. There is also this little spiky orange ball that's a lot better than the tennis ball for loosening stiff muscles. They normally sell them at fitness stores, or yoga and health food chains.

i have got an app at the hairdressers next week, and will be getting an indian head massage and a neck and shoulder massge while i am there as part of the package, which i cannot wait for as i am always getting stiff neck back shoulders etc lol

^ Oh you're so lucky. I wish I could go to a professional to have my neck rubbed, I would literally fall a sleep.

^ Oh you're so lucky. I wish I could go to a professional to have my neck rubbed, I would literally fall a sleep.

i have to try soooooooooo hard not too lol, they must think i am a bit strange when i go there lol

I have a constant stiff neck now it seems which brings on tension headaches. I guess we are more prone to them when we are pg. I'm getting a massage tonight! I also noticed hot showers and massaging oil on the neck and scalp feels great. Yoga is also great at keeping everything loose. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Everything rubbish is related to pregnancy...if you're pregnant, that is!

I havent, but hope your feeling better soon xx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->