still a knicker checker in the 2nd tri - am I the only 1?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Per16, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Per16

Per16 Well-Known Member

Hi Girls, just wanted to get in touch and see how you guys are all doing! I am 14 weeks now and feeling rather not preggers! It is such a weird time, I saw baba last week and everything was great but I think I am in that stage where morning sickness has gone and I am beginning to feel more normal which I never thought Id say is quiet scary! Also I was wondering if anyone else still gets like a dull period type pain on and off, I have heard that this could be the round ligaments stretching but it feels more constant than that? I am sure if there was a problem they would have picked it up last week? I know I am meant to be in the safer trimester but I still worry myself sick about loosing my little buba, it is such a horrid fear, I just want to be able to enjoy now (although I am feeling a little bit more positive!) I just wanted to get this off my mind and see if any of you wonderful girls are going through what I am going through, lots of hugs to everyone!

P.S anyone else still a knicker checker STILL! I am driving myself mad and also going through piles of loo roll eeeeek! :hug:

2. Aidedhoney

Aidedhoney Mum of Nats & Alex

Yup me 2........... i check all the time..............and thats me in 3rd tri lol

Congrats on 2nd tri xxx

3. faun

faun Mum to 2 boys and 1 girl

I am still a knicker checker mainly because i am rhesus negative and if i have any bleeding i have to go to hospital and get a jab.

4. cleckner04

cleckner04 Well-Known Member

I still check too hun. I MCed in August so I know how awful it is. So far, so good though! I think it is normal to get crampy pains also. I have gotten them all the way through so far. Not so much in the past few weeks but I still have my days where I feel a cramp or two. Good luck with everything!! :hugs:

5. Danuta

Danuta Well-Known Member

I am sure it's not anything to worry about. I also have been getting cramps in my lower abdomen and top of legs. It does make you worried but I think it's probably just ligaments stretching and your body getting used. But if you feel too worried maybe get it checked out, for your peace of mind!

6. Kiddo

Kiddo Well-Known Member

I still check too. I also had some period like pains around 14 weeks - I think it is just everything stretching to make room for LO growing so fast.

7. Per16

Per16 Well-Known Member

thanks girls, oh man it is a scary and VERY EXCITING TIME!!! I just love babakins sooooo much that I want everything to go well, wow how long is 9 months eh! Thanks for the help girlies!!

8. ClaireyF

ClaireyF Joshua & Bump to be!

I still check, even now at 33w ... hope everything works out for you and you 'feel' more pregnant soon xx

9. nuttymummy

nuttymummy Well-Known Member

hiya,yeah ur not the only one....and we still do it at 25 weeks!!!
    crampy stretchy pains are normal......ul get them quite often,as i still get them now!! so youll soon get used to feeling it!!xxxx

10. golcarlilly

golcarlilly Proud mum of 2

I am still with you on the knicker checking, I m/c last year and just can't completely shake off the worry! I have pains a lot too!

11. Peanut78

Peanut78 Mum of 2

I am another knicker-checker - despite having moved to 3rd tri.... I reckon it's become such a habit - it will be hard to break once I am not pg anymore!

xx

12. Laura0786

Laura0786 Mummy to Isabella!

Glad everything went well with your scan!

I also check all the time!

13. djgirl1976

djgirl1976 Expecting our 1st

Yep, I check too. I don't think it is a bad thing. You need to know if something changes down there, regardless! IKWYM about not feeling pregnant, though. I felt the same way, but am getting used to it, and it helps that I am starting to "bump out".

14. Amberley

Amberley 1st trimester

I check every time too - so scared of anything being wrong and think having a m/c previous makes me even more scared.

I promised myself in first tri that if I got to 2nd tri then I'd stop...but I just can't!!!

Now promised myself I'll stop in 3rd tri - :rofl::rofl: - that won't happen either!!

15. faille

faille Mummy & WTT

Trust me, it doesnt get any better in 3rd tri :rofl:

You'll be analysing every bit of toilet paper/pads/knickers, smelling it, making 1000 posts about it and it'll all seem completely normal at that stage! :rofl:

16. h702

h702 Well-Known Member

lol glad were all the same ;)

17. jojo2605

jojo2605 Mom to Sam & Dylan

Hey Hun, all sounds normal to me! Cramps - check, worrying - check, knicker checking - check! hehe. I only said to OH last night that I still can't help but go to the toilet with caution!! I don't think we will ever not worry, it's what mom's do, whether the children are born or not!

and also, i'm right with you there... how long is 9 months?!?! It's taking ages, get out already!! (but not yet little one lol) x x x

18. bubbness

bubbness Pregnant - 2nd trimester

i know how you feel. I am constantly checking as I had spotting at 8 weeks and ultrasound noted I had a bleed but not to worry. Yeah right!!! Had ultrasound at 12 weeks and peanut had a great heartbeat. :dance:

19. LucyEmma

LucyEmma Well-Known Member

im the same still, im always checking! i still panic when i have stretching pains aswell i just cant seem to get it out of my head that everything is going to be ok! lol x

20. Scally

Scally Well-Known Member

I still check my knickers and the tissue!!!! Not sure i will stop is has become part of my routine now. Mind u i dont think i scrutinise it as much as when i was in the 1st trimester!