Still aching - advice needed

TheNewMrsB

Harry's Mummy
Reaction score
Hello ladies

FTM and have been bf for 5 1/2 weeks. Saturday I missed 2 feeds due to appointments and Sunday I woke with a very sore breast with a lump in it. I figured it must be a blocked duct (no symptoms of mastitis). I tried to let baby feed but it was like needles in my nipple. I managed to pump out the blockage with the help of a hot compress.

The issue I have is 4 day's later my breast and particularly nipple are going in cycles of fine one minute and sore/tingling the next.

I can't feel any other knots and feel fine - no temperature etc.

How long does it normally take for this to go away?

Hi it had gone but is back again today. Expressed in the shower and it was stringy so I know it's all blocked up again :(

Keep doing that to avoid getting an abscess. Keep on top of it - If need be take an extra shower to do it. Massage the area during feeds.

try to feed with LO's chin facing where the block is that might help to get it out as well and to prevent it. Depending on where it is you may have to do an ackward feed to do it but it would be worth it.

I seem to have gotten it out again but my nipples have gone sensitive now - hoping lanolin will help x

Keep on top of it. If your boob goes discoloured at all then see the doc. It may just be a duct that's prone to blocking. Is it your bra or the way you sleep that causes it. My abscess was caused by engorged breast tissue that got wedged under my bra overnight. I couldn't get the area to soften. My own fault for not persuading the GP that it wasn't just mastitis! Glad you're managing ok. Lanolin is fab and I also found expressing some milk and covering my nips v soothing or the old cabbage leaves!

Thank you :) I am determined and I have the cabbage at the ready! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->