Still bleeding after MC

BabyRuby11

Reaction score
Hi I wonder if anyone can help me who has been in a similar situation.

I lost my baby girl at 21 weeks on 14th April. This was 7 weeks ago and I am still bleeding. Me and the OH want to start trying but obviously need to stop bleeding first. Did anyone else bleed this long or longer?

Thanks

xx

hi hun i lost my little girl at 22 weeks im so sorry for your loss!!

i only bled for a short time after but i remember my doctor telling me that if i bled for longer than 4 weeks to go straight back to them so maybe you should just go and see what they have to say, they may re-scan you just to check everything is as it should be and they'll prob check for infection!! im TTC also since mc but not using anything other than chance so fingers crossed for both of us hun
xxxxx let me know how you get on!!

I am very sorry for your loss :cry: I agree with going to the dr as there may be still some tissue left in there causing infection... is it a heavy bleed or a spotting?

Hi hun,
So sorry for your loss.

I lost my little boy at 20 weeks. I was induced as there was no heartbeat at the scan. I bled for about 8 weeks. I started, stopped for a week about 4 weeks in & then started again at week 5. All was fine, I had held onto some tissue & once this had passed my bleeding tailed off over the next three weeks xx

Hi my lovelies, thank you for your comments.

JoJo23 and Totsiegb I am also so sorry for your loses! Totsiegb I was also induced at 21 weeks as there was no heartbeat..... awful experience! :-(

Well I have spoken with my doctor and I have to go back Tuesday for the Post mortem results so they should be doing a scan then. I had an awful lot of clots about 2/3 weeks after m/c so went to docs they gave me anti biotics to clear any possible infection but am still bleeding. It isn't heavy at all some days it'll be a browny discharge then it'll be blood!!

Do you know if there is a chance I might need a d&c?

I am hoping to start trying soon hence why I want to stop bleeding soon plus its a right pain in the backside lol!

Fingers crossed for us all who are TTC or WTTC... our day will come xx

BabyRuby11

I am sorry I dont know what the chances are regarding D&C, Fingers crossed it will stop on its own.
Fingers crossed we all get the BFP we deserve & get our lovely babies.

xxx

Hi my lovelies, thank you for your comments.

JoJo23 and Totsiegb I am also so sorry for your loses! Totsiegb I was also induced at 21 weeks as there was no heartbeat..... awful experience! :-(

Well I have spoken with my doctor and I have to go back Tuesday for the Post mortem results so they should be doing a scan then. I had an awful lot of clots about 2/3 weeks after m/c so went to docs they gave me anti biotics to clear any possible infection but am still bleeding. It isn't heavy at all some days it'll be a browny discharge then it'll be blood!!

Do you know if there is a chance I might need a d&c?

I am hoping to start trying soon hence why I want to stop bleeding soon plus its a right pain in the backside lol!

Fingers crossed for us all who are TTC or WTTC... our day will come xx

as far as i know hun if you have retained tissue it all depends on the size of it as to whether you need a d and c... i had a scan about a week after i gave birth and i had about 1cm of retained stuff but they let me hom and it passed by itself eventually. my 2 periods since have been quite heavy though with a few clots also, its only now im getting back to 'normal' whatever that is lol!

hope the postmortam results are ok hun and you get the all clear from them xxxxxxxx:hugs:

Well I have bleeding very lightly as I said and today I think AF arrived as I am bleeding heavy and have major stomach pains and a little back ache. So I am hoping that is a good sign and the bleeding will stop after. Fingers crossed.

I will update you all on the PM results. Also keep me updated on TTC etc hopefully you get a BFP soon! xxxxxx

Well I have bleeding very lightly as I said and today I think AF arrived as I am bleeding heavy and have major stomach pains and a little back ache. So I am hoping that is a good sign and the bleeding will stop after. Fingers crossed.

I will update you all on the PM results. Also keep me updated on TTC etc hopefully you get a BFP soon! xxxxxx[/QUOTE

hopefully its AF hun!! i know its sort of bittersweet in one way your happy to get AF an start again and in another way it reminds you that your not pregnant anymore. hopefully your cycle will return to normal soon xxxxx:hugs:

I will update you all on the PM results. Also keep me updated on TTC etc hopefully you get a BFP soon! xxxxxx[/QUOTE

hopefully its AF hun!! i know its sort of bittersweet in one way your happy to get AF an start again and in another way it reminds you that your not pregnant anymore. hopefully your cycle will return to normal soon xxxxx:hugs:

Yeah it is disappointing but I know it'll happen maybe not anytime soon but eventually :happydance:

Good luck babe and keep me updated. xx:hugs:

Hi sweetie sorry for your loss :hugs: I bled constantly for 8weeks after losing LO at 17weeks,sometimes literally pouring!it took the doctors this long and the realisation that my iron was so low I needed a blood transfusion,for them to investigate!I had retained a small piece of tissue,2cm which wasn't passing on it's own so in my case a d&c was necessary. Afterwards everything was fine!good luck I hope it settles soon and you get a bfp quickly. X

Hi sweetie sorry for your loss :hugs: I bled constantly for 8weeks after losing LO at 17weeks,sometimes literally pouring!it took the doctors this long and the realisation that my iron was so low I needed a blood transfusion,for them to investigate!I had retained a small piece of tissue,2cm which wasn't passing on it's own so in my case a d&c was necessary. Afterwards everything was fine!good luck I hope it settles soon and you get a bfp quickly. X

Hi Emma2810

Thank you very much and I am also very sorry for your loss. Well over the weekend I passed a blood clot which was about size of 10p. Stopped bleeding saturday and then started again last night :growlmad:

Well I will see what the doctors say tomorrow when I go and fingers crossed. Have you got a BFP yet since having the D&C and if so how longer after? xx

Hi Emma2810

Thank you very much and I am also very sorry for your loss. Well over the weekend I passed a blood clot which was about size of 10p. Stopped bleeding saturday and then started again last night :growlmad:

Well I will see what the doctors say tomorrow when I go and fingers crossed. Have you got a BFP yet since having the D&C and if so how longer after? xx

I got my bfp 3 months after d and c. He is now almost 8months old :cloud9:
Don't give up hope :hugs:

Hi my lovelies,

So had my PM results yesterday and it came back that my babies heart stopped beating as I had a rare virus called CMV (anyone heard of this). But thankfully they said my body will now be immune to CMV so won't happen again AND also finally stopped bleeding and had a scan and they confirmed it looked like I had my first AF thank god. So we have decided to NTNP now so am feeling rather happy!!:happydance:

Hope you are all good xx :hugs: :kiss:

I am so very sorry for your loss :cry: I lost my Ava at 18 weeks I gave birth to her on 3/3 and I bled for 2 weeks and got my AF on 4/10. Did bleed heavy but not long. Now i am on my 3rd AF and I noticed I bleed heavy the first 2 days and then by day 3 my AF is gone :wacko: I am not sure why it used to last for 5 days now only 3/
XOOX :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am so very sorry for your loss :cry: I lost my Ava at 18 weeks I gave birth to her on 3/3 and I bled for 2 weeks and got my AF on 4/10. Did bleed heavy but not long. Now i am on my 3rd AF and I noticed I bleed heavy the first 2 days and then by day 3 my AF is gone :wacko: I am not sure why it used to last for 5 days now only 3/
XOOX :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi Andypanda6570

I am so sorry for your loss also I am sure Ava was beautiful :hugs:

Well I am very happy to say that I have finally stopped bleeding. I got really bad period pains on Thursday and started bleeding heavy. Bled heavy Thursday and Friday but then stopped Saturday. My AF is also normally 5 days but now only 3. I am not complaining though :winkwink:

Hope your being strong. We are all here to talk as and when you need :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->