Still can't decide on a name and it's driving me mad!!

Boomerslady

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

My LO is due on Sunday and me and the OH STILL cant decide on a name. All along my OH has been very fussy, and after a lot of options we finally decided on 2 names.

It was decided as soon as we found out it was a boy, that he would have James as a middle name. As it's my OHs late Dads name. Also we've decided that the LO should have my OHs surname.

The 2 names we had agreed on are Ben and Nick. I've been back and forward between the 2 names constantly, and I've finally decided I prefer Ben. I told my OH who said no way, he'd decided he didn't like it anymore and also he couldn't have his son with the initials BJ! Although I keep pointing out no one uses the first and middle initials!

Anyway my Mum and sis told me today I couldn't have the baby without a name, apparently it's wrong to have Baby Roberts on the wrist band!! I'm past caring what they think tho!

I've asked my OH for one more option, and he's decided Luke. I don't mind it, but I still love Ben (it's been my fav baby boy name for years) how the hell do I make him agree with me???

I've explained how much I like it, and that he got choice of middle name, and LO gets his surname, but he won't budge. I just wanna scream!

don't stress :) once you two meet your little guy it might just click! :hugs:

That's what he says and I do agree, but what if Ben still feels right for me, and he doesn't agree?? I'm screwed then.

tell him you'll go with luke if he has your surname and he may then compromise!!

That's what he says and I do agree, but what if Ben still feels right for me, and he doesn't agree?? I'm screwed then.

then you can play the 'but I just gave birth to him' card :D

Me and OH can't decide either, although I'm not as far along as you. I know how frustrating it is xx

Well... it is you who fills out the birth certificate information, and you who can sign it and send it off without his consent LOL so I would say Ben it is hehe.

Seriously though, I would wait and see, once he is born chances are you both will agree on the name that was meant for him :) If not... ugh! That would be tough!

OH and I had our name picked out for a girl from our last pregnancy (a boy, Kaleb) so there was no debating this time, we knew if we had a girl her name would be Kayleigh.

Good luck hun!!!

they are being a bit (a lot) silly. the name tag won't be right anyway because he will be nick or ben whatever your name is rather than nick or ben whatever daddy's name is until you register him so why does it matter if he is baby roberts for a couple of days? besides, after all that effort and the afterglow of tiny little fingers and toes you might find daddy more amenable to doing what you say:gun: lay down the law!!! :rofl:

I love Ben. One of my best friends goes by BJ or Beeej as his nickname, never been a problem for him.

we dont know if our LO is a girl or boy which is proving very difficult to decide on names so have decided to wait till LO arrives.

We are pretty sure on a boys names but if LO turns out to be a girl im pretty sure she will be un named for days!!!

i would def wait till he has arrived and hopefully with him being here your OH will soften up abit and just appriciate how much you have done for him by giving birth to his son!!

xxx

Hehe I tried the 'baby having my surname' option and he said it was really out of order!

I tried explaining again, and he said after a while 'well my Mum does like Ben too' grrr like that matters!!!

I'm hoping after labour my OH will be in such awe that'll he'll agree with me! I doubt it though as we have a very joking relationship, and I can see him just making a joke!

I guess I'll just have to hope he looks like a Ben!!!!

I'm having second thoughts on names too......and I dont even have an OH to argue with lol, I'm having little arguments in my head!! So yep, I sympathise...

Even though it doesn't matter to you what his mum thinks it might be a good card to play when trying to get him to agree to the name Ben....

Its not up to me but I LOVE the name Ben and think you should go with that :winkwink:

And I'm pretty sure babys wrist/ankle tag will have your surname on it (they do in my hospital anyway, has to match the mums - thats how babies get mixed up!).....so don't listen to your mum and sister as the name on the tag is pretty irrelevant anyway!! xx

Hehe I tried the 'baby having my surname' option and he said it was really out of order!

I tried explaining again, and he said after a while 'well my Mum does like Ben too' grrr like that matters!!!

I'm hoping after labour my OH will be in such awe that'll he'll agree with me! I doubt it though as we have a very joking relationship, and I can see him just making a joke!

I guess I'll just have to hope he looks like a Ben!!!!

When he's seen you give birth to his son, he'll let you call baby Garage Door if you want - or maybe just settle for Ben! My hubby is a joker too and as soon as he saw LO born he was speechless.

(BTW, I have a friend who has the initials BJ and we call him Beej) x

i think i agree with your other half....bj...........hmmm i do think kids will pick up on that!! what about james benjamin?then jb for short?

We considered James as a first name, but it's just a bit weird!! I'd rather have Nick or Luke than James!

I'm just realllly hoping I'll know when I see him!!

I'm not too keen on BJ either, but his full initials will be BJR and I'd never refer to him as Bj, so he should never use it....ahhh it's hard!!

I never use my middle name or initial, so I really don't see it being an issue.

Oh I wouldn't think people would end up calling him BJ - I really like Ben! We didn't really get the names together until LO was born. And it didn't matter for his wrist band - both his wrist and ankle bands had my name on them (but maybe it is different there).
xx

I don't really know why they mentioned his name tag! They just said I really should name him before he's born!

I'm glad some of you don't use your middle initial....I rarely do so don't think it'd be an issue!!

I suggested using my late FILs middle name instead which is David....my OH said BDR was worse as it made him think of Bendover....he's a weird man!!

Well, I happen to like the name Ben as it is my DH's name. Actually his middle name starts with a J so his initials are BJ, but no one ever calls him that. Here in the states we rarely ever meet anyone with the name Ben, but we do know a lot of Luke's and Nick's. Maybe it's different where you are, but Ben is the most uncommon of the bunch if it matters at all. Regardless, I think they all sound lovely and I think you will know for sure once he gets here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->