Still confused on how/why we conceived...

xolynn

Mom to Isaac Robert <3
Reaction score
I know that's a strange thing to say!! Lol. But I'm still bewildered at the fact that I got pregnant..for a while I thought it wasn't possible. Anyway to my point..me and my boyfriend basically had unprotected sex for nearly 3 years using the "pull out" method successfully. However the reason I am preg now is because of that method...how could it work for so long and all of a sudden not?? I know this is prob a dumb question but I'm just still shocked we concieved after we used this method successfully for so long. Has this happened to anyone else here or happened to someone you know??

It's never 100% because pre ejaculation still can contain sperm so that could have been what happened its a very small % but it can still happen.

I also used the pull out method for 6 years with out falling pregnant so it is so strange that all of a sudden one day it can be different

Yeah I know this was kinda a crazy question lol...I'm just still kinda in shock over it! But a lot of the time around the time i think we concieved (possible TMI warning); we would do it and then do it again immediately after he had ejaculated without any time in between... I'm thinking that was maybe the reason it happened because i heard its more likely too then.

Lol I don't think anything can be tmi on this site! And it could be. I could imagine your shock though! I know when my son was 6 months old we were not ready for a baby and I got a false positive and we were using the pull out method and that was very scary!!

they say the withdrawal (pull-out) method is NOT a reliable form of BC; there are several reasons why it could have failed. We used it for 8 years without any roblems, but we were always open to pregnancy :shrug:

Pulling out is not a form of preventing pregnancy.

You mustn't have been using pull out around time of ovulation.

I know women who had 3 pregnancies this way, but went year or so inbetween no getting pregnant. I don't think 2nd or 3rd were planned.

I got pregnant 5 days after having sex. Weird one.

Pulling out can result in pregnancy, logically speaking. But when things like this happen, I like to think it was just meant to be! Maybe now is the right time for you to have a baby so God blessed you. My brother and his GF do the same "method" and I told him it's possible she'll get pregnant one day. I know a lot of people who have conceived by the pullout method.
Congrats on your pregnancy!

I had a friend who tried for 2.5 years and failed to conceive, and then one month out of the blue it happened. Pregnancy depends on alot of factors like stress, diet, whether your exercising or not, etc.
If you want to think of something really baffling, I got pregnant with our first the night before my period was due on.
Lol it can't happen at any time!

Thanks for the input all! Lol I know that no form of birth control is 100% effective, but its just still so strange to me that we could use the method for so long then all of a sudden one month we ended up conceiving..I mean I knew it was always a possibility because the pull out method isnt the most reliable form(i've read the chances of getting pregnant using it are about 20 % or something like that), but it just always seemed to work for us.. We are excited for our LO though..it wasn't a planned thing obviously, but I'm not upset..just nervous/scared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->