Still dont know what to name the baby..

PregnantKitty

Reaction score
Im 30+3 and still have no idea what we're gonna name this little one. My husband doednt really give me any input on names except when he suggested the name "Molly" after him and some female coworker talked about it and decided they liked that name. .. i do not like that name (and tbh it bothers me he talks to this co-worker about this stuff but it's like talking to a wall when i try.)

Anywayyyy... i like the name "Lily" and "Rena" but he doesnt seem to really dig those names and now it's kind of a moot point.

Any suggestions on names? I like really weird names. (Lily is not a common name where i live, at all.)

Also, any idea why DH would be more comfortable talking about stuff with this chick than me? She's older he said and he looks at her like a mom figure or something but it still bothers me... i dunno. Maybe im being insecure or whatever.

At any rate... name suggestions?

I like " different" names too, less common ones i guess.
I really like the name Briella... My husband does not, but I think it's pretty, feminine, and is pronounced as its spelled. ( to avoid all the mispronunciation for the kid) my husband like Gabriella, which I think is pretty, but it's a mouthful and I don't like Gaby or any nickname for it at all, and I can't imagine my two little girls saying this name when people at target ask them what their baby sisters name is. ( that's my test it has to pass, imagining my current kids saying the name lol)
But I suggested Briella ( which obv is half the name) and no go. Gee that story got long, sorry!
Here's some diff names I like:
Briella
Arabella ( again too long for me, but maybe not someone else)
Aria
Linnea

Good luck, names are hard and Im super picky!

I love odd names but try to stay within the confines of earth, lol.

My friend has the name Nova Rose picked out for whenever she has a daughter but I really like the variation of Novalee Rose.

If bump would of been pink we had the name Lillith Rose picked out.

Then there is Illia (ill-e-ah)
Lyriah (leer-rah)
Lyric is my baby cousins name.
Elva (SO's great grandmother)
Nela
Illiana

And thats just a few off the top of my head, aha.

Oh, as for hubby being more comfortable talking with his coworker, I dont blame you for being jealous. I would be too but it also might be easier for him since in the end her opinion is that of a bystander whereas talking to you makes it much more real. Your opinion matters.

It also may be due to taste. Molly is a very simple girl name and maybe thats more to his taste that odd names, like the ones I posted, and thought she might have a good inbetween name.
Id still sit him down and discuss how you feel about it though.

I'm with u here only I'm 35 weeks today and still no name, there aren't even any shortlisted, we literally like none at all.

Don't stress honey, my son didn't have a name till he was 3 days old!
We had a shortlist from about 20 weeks that never changed and I still couldn't decide, I felt like I didn't know him enough to give him a name at first.
Then I chose the one at the top of our list:haha:
Names will come in time, the more I stressed the more I couldn't think:flower:

Iv just stopped thinking because I just dislike all names the more I hear them, Im hoping a name will just come to us

I've got 2 days to go and baby still hasn't got a name. We just can't agree, so we don't discuss it x

A week and 4 days to go here and no name either! If this baby had been a boy we had pretty much agreed on the name, but we can't settle on a girls name.
My favorite is Merryn, which is just the right combo of not being common, but also not being weird, but my OH actually knows someone by that name who he's not very keen on, so is put off by it. We did have a list of others that we liked through the pregnancy ,but now none of them are as good to me. I do still like Cassidy, so that's in the running. I'm hoping that after me OH sees me giving birth he'll let me pick the name. He's picked the middle name, which is May.

Typical isn't it that u have the opposite gender name picked out, we had our boys name picked from about 13 weeks and we were convinced it was a boy then they told us at 21 weeks he was actually a she lol. We hovered over imogen and leona for a while and chloe as middle name but all 3 of those are gone now. Everyone keeps throwing names at me but I'm now fed up of saying no no no.

I think that somehow as women it might be harder to come up with girls names. Heh.

Last night, however, my husband and i tossed around some names and i found one i rrally like and am hoping i can convince him to stick with, "Sophia Sage Thompson".

One thing that helped is we both suggested a couple names and then looked up the meanings to them all together.

We found that we didnt like the meanings for some of the names we had suggested and it helped narrow things down.

I had liked the name "Rena" for a long time before though and my mom kept mispronouncing it as "reh-nuh" instead of "Ray-nuh" and it kinda ruined it for me so i think I'll wait, either way, to announce the name we're considering this time.

I have 2 weeks to go and still have no name. Not even an idea. Husband doesn't like anything at all... gah!!

I love odd names but try to stay within the confines of earth, lol.

My friend has the name Nova Rose picked out for whenever she has a daughter but I really like the variation of Novalee Rose.

If bump would of been pink we had the name Lillith Rose picked out.

Then there is Illia (ill-e-ah)
Lyriah (leer-rah)
Lyric is my baby cousins name.
Elva (SO's great grandmother)
Nela
Illiana

And thats just a few off the top of my head, aha.

My middle daughters name is Lyra and the most common mispronunciation is "leer-rah". Lol!

Mia is my oldest and this little one is girl too and her name is Ezra as in from the Hebrew bible. Hers will probably get the most remarks being that it's primarily a boys name, but in Persia it's a girls name and obviously today it is too lol.

Lyra, Mia and Ezra

Those are my girlies <3

I love unusual names. We are calling our little girl Tierney (Tia for short). I always think its nice for them to be unique when they go to school there's too many common names! Obv not a silly name though.

As for the co-worker I get very jealous especially with hormones etc so I don't think I would like that either! But just try forget about that as she's not important right now x

I tend to consider names that are less common, but not so uncommon that people aren't generally familiar with the name. Violet happens to be coming back into popularity, but it's low enough. It also helps that there is more diversity among names these days, for girls at least, which means that even if it's up there in ranking, it might not be that high in the percentage of babies with the name. I am, however, considering the name Azalea for a girl. I've never heard of it as a name and I'm sure most people haven't either, unless they're familiar with Iggy Azalea, which I wasn't until I mentioned the name Azalea on this forum. And in Iggy Azalea's case, it's not a real name anyway... Anyway, Azalea by itself, sounds like a real name to me though; it has a pleasant sound to it, and it's the name of a flower that grows naturally in the wild, around here.

I'd thought of azalea before I was pregnant, oh vetoed it straight away lol.

My DH and I agreed on a boy's name right away (we pretty much had it picked out at least as a top contender even before he was conceived), and fortunately we are having a boy, so it was easy. However, it LO had been a girl, we would totally be in this situation. I only like one girls name and DH doesn't like it. I don't like any of his suggestions either. If we ever have a girl, I have no idea what we will do! Good luck!

I think that somehow as women it might be harder to come up with girls names. Heh.

Last night, however, my husband and i tossed around some names and i found one i rrally like and am hoping i can convince him to stick with, "Sophia Sage Thompson".

One thing that helped is we both suggested a couple names and then looked up the meanings to them all together.

We found that we didnt like the meanings for some of the names we had suggested and it helped narrow things down.

I had liked the name "Rena" for a long time before though and my mom kept mispronouncing it as "reh-nuh" instead of "Ray-nuh" and it kinda ruined it for me so i think I'll wait, either way, to announce the name we're considering this time.

I really like Sophia Sage Thompson! Sage is such an unusual middle name and so lovely at the same time. There are lots of Sophies but very few Sophias...seems like a keeper!

Rena is my DD's name and I've never come across another one. We pronounce it ree-nah though.

I came across a two little girls the other day, Mira and Luca and I thought they were both gorgeous names.

Don't worry. Our baby was due yesterday and we still don't have a name for either sex. Hoping we will know when we see he/she's little face.... Otherwise they may be nameless for a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->