Still having popup issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MnGmakes3

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
No matter what forum I'm on or if I'm going to reply to a post- I get a slew of target ads that won't go away with just one click. Anyone else? Is there something we can do to fix it?

Yws the stupid Perrier pop up won't let you get to the next page!

Hi!

Could you please provide the following:

1. Country (if someone is in a different country than answered already please reply also)
2. Device
3. Browser
4. If using a mobile are you using desktop or mobile version of BnB
5. Company/product of add
6. A screen shot
7. Brief description of how the ad is disruptive (can't you close the ad or if you do do is frequently reappear... be as specific as you can).

Thank you x

1. Country (if someone in a different country than answered already please reply also) USA
2. Device- Samsung Galaxy6
3. Browser- Google chrome
4. If using a mobile are you using desktop or mobile version of BnB- desktop
5. Company/product of add- Target
6. A screen shot- will need to catch one
7. Brief description of how the ad is disruptive (can't you close the ad or if you do do is frequently reappear... be as specific as you can).

The ad comes up on EVERY page when I change forums or when I try to resound to a thread. . It's 2 different Target Ads. When I try to click the "x" nothing happens. I can click it 100 times and it doesn't disappear, I have to go to the previous page on my browser to get rid of it.
I will try to include a screenshot.

Screen shot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-02-08-46-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-02-08-46-56.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 7
Here is the other I keep getting on a daily basis

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-04-08-48-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-04-08-48-15.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 3
I'm really surprised nobody else has complained.

Can you close down all your browsers/apps/programmes and clear your history and cache on your device and reopen, logging in again please?

How to wipe the app cache on the Galaxy S6

If you want to clear the app cache on the Galaxy S6 – whether for one app in particular or for all apps, you do this through the Settings menu. Go to Settings > App Manager and find the individual app of which you want to clear the cache. Remember it might be in the Downloaded, Running or All tab. Tap the entry and then tap Clear Cache. If you want to clear all app caches simultaneously, go to Settings > Storage and tap Cached Data > OK.
From https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-clear-the-cache-on-the-galaxy-s6

I've tried your suggestion numerous times. I actually just got this phone not even a month ago and didn't seem to have this issue on the other phone.

Since posting this the 2nd popup shows up more often than the first but still requires a "previous page" for it to go away.

Try changing your browser setting to "Allow Popups". By default it will be set to "Block Popups". By changing it to allow, the popup can set a cookie so you'll only get it once, and it can completely load so you can close it. If the popup is platform specific you won't get it at all.

1. Country (if someone is in a different country than answered already please reply also) USA
2. Device : Galaxy S5
3. Browser: internet
4. If using a mobile are you using desktop or mobile version of BnB : desktop
5. Company/product of add - several, target is a main one
6. A screen shot :
7. Brief description of how the ad is disruptive - adds showing up every time I open ANYTHING on here, if it fully loads it freezes my internet. This just started, before it was only an occasional ad and they closed when I pushed the x.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-10-01-29-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-10-01-29-32.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 3
I've been getting the same pop up as the above poster as well. Just started last night.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-10-05-34-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-10-05-34-14.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 5
I've started getting this pop up last night.

1. Country (if someone is in a different country than answered already please reply also) USA
2. Device : Galaxy Note 4
5. Company/product of add - not sure, add pictured in screenshots
6. A screen shot :*one screen shot is while I was reading this topic. The next one is trying to reply to this topic.
7. Brief description of how the ad is disruptive - every pop up ad is disruptive, no matter what. If it pops up once per day or every page load, it's disruptive. Obviously, more annoying when it's every page load, which is what's going on with this new one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-10-07-22-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-10-07-22-32.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_2015-10-10-07-21-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-10-07-21-32.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 2
I am on a Windows Nokia phone in the USA and every single time I click on something a Prudential Financial ad pops up...every time. It on both the mobile site and desktop. In fact if I switch from mobile to desktop it shows up, I can't close it on Desktop view so I won't be able to provide a screenshot. It's really annoying.

Yes, it's really irritating and honestly making the website unusable from my phone right now.

It's absolutely ridiculous. It's fine to have.. But not EVERY SINGLE TIME you go to a new page. It's so incredibly frustrating and I don't understand why it has to be fixed regularly or why people have to complain constantly.

Agreed. And I can't stand that when you close out of it, it just opens a new window for the ad!

Yup. Here, I got a SS. And I got another in the go advanced option to attach this...yucky...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-10-21-50-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-10-21-50-07.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1
2. Device : T-Mobile cheap phone
5. Company/product of add - principle financial
6. A screen shot : same as above
7. Brief description of how the ad is disruptive- disruptive-comes up every freaking page lol

I'm having this problem, too.

Device: HTC m9
Browser: Chrome
Desktop or mobile version of bnb: both
Company/product of ad: principal financial group
Screenshot: I'll upload one from the mobile version and one from the desktop version
Brief description of how the ad is disruptive: it pops up on every. single. page load! Sometimes it doesn't load properly and I can't close out of it and I just have to kill the page. I basically can't use bnb right now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-11-10-18-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-11-10-18-44.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2015-10-11-10-19-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-11-10-19-28.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.