Still having rash issues

Hardy ever would you beleive :lol: When were inside hes jsut nappy and babylegs.

This has probably been asked, so sorry if it has!
Does Alex scratch his thighs in his sleep? If it's a little sore he may be rubbing around the edge of the nappy, making it worse? If this may be the case, I realise
he's a toddler now, but would he tolerate a gro bag?
And again.. Probably been covered but it's not thrush is it? As that may get into the nappies and re-infect himself stopping it clearing up?

You've probably looked into these things, so :hugs: and I
hope that things get better for you both. X

Ive not noticed him scratching his thighs and hes been in a gro bag since birth so he'd need to be an escape artist to reach there :lol:

Dont think its thrush no...Thats white covered which this rash isnt.

Thrush is white in the creases, but can be a raised bumpy rash, my LO had it after I had antibiotics, and I got it too on my boobs, and it was raised, bumpy and pinkish there too.
Really hope it gets better, sounds like you're doing EVERYTHING you can, so hopefully it'll sort out soon, x

Well, that's me idea'd out I'm afraid! The only other thing I'd
say is that about a month ago my LO just developed eczema, (it runs in our families so I was kinda expecting it). Well I was racking my brains about what I'd done differently to cause this, and saying 'whats changed? I've not done anything differently'. My OH is a
doctor and he just said; he has changed, his immune system is developing, so it
may be that something that was fine before is now not fine, or it may be 'just because'.
Xxx

I do think that teething has played a big part, his nappies smell so much more since he started. Eczema is already a known problem with Alex (look at his cheeks in that pic) so it probably is that he has such sensitive skin that we are just going to have to put barrier cream on all the time to protect it.

You sound as though you have tried absolutely everything possible. Unfortunately I think that Alex just has very very sensitive skin. We had a major rash problem with Ella awhile ago that no creams could fix (we had to go and get steriod cream from the doctor to get it down.) I bought some fleece liners that have worked wonders and she finally has clear skin, and doesn't even need any cream after changes to keep it that way. But it sounds as though you have tried several types of liners with no success.

Have you tried cloth nappies that have disposable inserts? It might be a good compromise, though probably expensive.

Nope, though not sure its an option id really want to try : /

Its definatley not raised and bumpy.....just red skin.

Tegan had a fungal infection (not thrush) that looked just like that hun. It came and went for ages and eventually spread into her torso. We took her to the Drs, they gave us some anti fungal creams and it cleared up after a week. Hope you can figure out what it is, looks sore :( Bless him

We were the same! I could have posted that thread myself. I ALMOST bought silk liners but instead i tried a few things that worked first. Now I use only chamomile tea with the wipes (give that a go! Because even if the wipes solution didnt irritate him before, it may be reacting with the wee differently now) and rinse LOADS at every nappy wash. I use bepanthen with a fleece liner when things get red again (rarely) And BE SURE ti rub the cream right in if its not rubbed in really well, it wipes off on the napppy and is essentially useless :flower:

Hello - hopefully your LO's skin has cleared up now? But something I'm trying with my wee one (pardon the pun lol) is to get him to drink more water to make his pee less acidic. I think that when they're teething they lose a lot of fluid in their dribble so that makes their pee more concentrated, which means it burns their skin :(

You're probably already doing this but just thought it was worth a mention :)

A bit of an update, we still have occasional rash bouts but it is mostly better :D

We are just putting on a thin organic barrier cream after every change and it seems to be helping :D

I never saw this when it was first posted but wanted to say I'm glad it's better! Emma got rashes persistently with her bumgenius diapers. I finally gave up and packed them away and she's been fine ever since with fuzzibunz/blueberries/etc. There was just something about the fabric in the bumgenius' that irritated her skin. Which is a shame because I have like 18 of them. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->