• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Still hoping for BFP!

al22003

Reaction score
So, I know I'm in the wrong area since I'm still TTC, but I just wanted to know from the graduates if anyone had a BFN at 11dpo and still went on to get a BFP in that cycle. I got a BFN this morning :( after telling myself that I wasn't going to test until Halloween. That's what I get for being an addict, I suppose. And I know I'm not actually out until AF shows her ugly face, but I was just looking for a little more hope and positivity.

I have to say I have always gotten my positives super early BUT I did test this pregnancy the day my period was suppose to arrive and got a negative, and the next day a positive. Blood work and scans showed that I was put back 8 days...so I was really only 6dpo when I got my positive. I ended up ovulating late that cycle and didn't know it.

Thanks Jennifer! Hopefully that isn't the case for me. Hubs and I haven't DTD since I supposedly ovulated. We work completely opposite shifts so I have to wake up extra early to BD. There hasn't been any extra BDing while he's working the OT he's been working the last couple of months.

Heya, I got my BFP six days after my period was due because that is when I took it, wasn't expecting to be pregnant! :) So I'm not speaking from experience, but from reading and friends experiences and training to be a Midwife I can tell you that everyones hCG levels rise differently and 11dpo is still reasonably early, I wouldn't say you're out of the game yet.
14dpo is technically when the pregnacy tests are supposed to be almost 100% accurate from isn't it, because that would be (for an average woman) the day she is due on her period.

Really hope you get your sticky bean this month, lots of luck! <3

I've done a bunch of research and it's helped a little. I know that a lot of people don't even get BFP's until after AF is due. It's just a little discouraging when you see posters talking about their 9dpo and 10dpo BFP's. It makes it feel as though if you don't get it by 11dpo, you're not going to. I really think I'm going to wait until Halloween (14dpo) to test again. Maybe not seeing the BFN's will help alleviate some of this torture!

What sort of test are you using? I got a more sensitive one and got BFP while the others where still showing BFN

Hiya, I dont think I would of got a line at 11dpo, my cycles are like clockwork, 28 days without fail, so I know when I ovulate each month. I took my first test at 14dpo and this is what It looked like. Definitely don't lost hope until AF comes! Good luck :) post back with any updates xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 32
I had a BFN all the way up until 5 days AFTER my missed period!

What sort of test are you using? I got a more sensitive one and got BFP while the others where still showing BFN

I bought some Wondfo strips off Amazon. I have some FRERs but didn't want to use them this early. I like to say that I didn't use them because I wanted to use up the cheap ones first, but I think subconsciously I didn't want to see a BFN on a more reliable test.

Hiya, I dont think I would of got a line at 11dpo, my cycles are like clockwork, 28 days without fail, so I know when I ovulate each month. I took my first test at 14dpo and this is what It looked like. Definitely don't lost hope until AF comes! Good luck :) post back with any updates xxx

I will be keeping you posted! I wouldn't be so concerned over it if my bbs weren't so stinkin' sore. I don't normally get AF symptoms so sore bbs is new for me. But, it's also my first round of clomid so I wasn't sure what to expect.

I got a faint bfp at 14dpo day period was due, everyone is different. I will keep my fingers crossed for you

I've gotten a negative on 10 dpo then VERY faint positive at 11 dpo (had to take FRER apart to see it clearly lol). With this pregnancy it was a pretty prominent line by 10 dpo (no taking apart necessary).

I know that doesn't help you much, but it varies greatly from person to person and from pregnancy to pregnancy. You're still very much in the running. Good luck! Hope you get that BFP!

I bought some Wondfo strips off Amazon. I have some FRERs but didn't want to use them this early. I like to say that I didn't use them because I wanted to use up the cheap ones first, but I think subconsciously I didn't want to see a BFN on a more reliable test.

Yes mine where just internet cheapies and on 10, 11, 12DPO nothing came up just poss squinters after the time limit but on my more sensitive Superdrug test got a very faint squinter 10 DPO and better lines thereafter. Good luck, keep us upadted :flower:

i did ! i had a bfn at 10 and 11 dpo and then at 12 or 13 got a bfp i statred a thread about in the ttc section but everyone just ignored me

i did ! i had a bfn at 10 and 11 dpo and then at 12 or 13 got a bfp i statred a thread about in the ttc section but everyone just ignored me

If it was recent, I didn't see it! I just joined the forum at the beginning of this month. You guys are making me feel better! Exactly what I needed today!

So, of course I said I wasn't going to test again until Halloween but did anyway when I got home from work today and still BFN. It's still only 11dpo, I know. I think they need to have AA for POAS-aholics like myself.

Personally I've never had BFP that early. The earliest was 13DPO.
There's still hope :)
:dust: and good luck.

Personally I've never had BFP that early. The earliest was 13DPO.
There's still hope :)
:dust: and good luck.

This does give me hope! Thank you.

I might as well throw this out there to all of you mamas (or gonna be mamas). Last night when checking my CP, I had the tiniest streak of blood. And nothing since. Have any of you experienced implantation bleeding? I took a picture but it icks me out to post it.

Hmm.. unless you ovulated very late I personally would say it is a bit late for implantation bleeding. But if it IS implantation bleeding then that would be why you weren't getting the bfp yet because it takes at least a few days after implantation for hCG to be high enough for a test to pick up.

It doesn't sound like implantation bleeding to me, might be you just scratched yourself a bit or something, but maybe.
Still keeping my fingers crossed for you <3

I thought implantation bleeding was anywhere from 7-12 days after ovulation. Did I read that wrong? Well, that's a bummer. Maybe I should be watching for AF a little more closely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->