STILL no first scan date :(

.Shopaholic.

Pregnant (Expecting No 2)
Reaction score
Sorry I am just ranting...anyone else having this problem?

With my first, when I booked in with the midwife I was given a scan date and time there and then. I have since moved to North Wales and the midwife didn't book me a scan, or take bloods actually lol (she said all will be done at the hospital).

Well it's been 3 weeks now and I still haven't had an appointment letter, so rang the scan department and he just said I haven't been allocated a slot yet :( It's so frustrating and I really am trying to be patient haha, but I don't really know how far along I am so really desperate to find out.

Rant over :)

X

Me!

I phoned the midwife and talked to the antenatal ward today too. I'm 10 weeks and was told at 8 weeks booking appointment to call if I hadn't heard about ultrasound in 2 weeks (so by now!).

I called them and they said "yes we have your details, we will book your appointment when we have a slot"?!? I took that to mean "go away and wait your turn!"

I hate this waiting bit. I will feel much more settled after the scan :wacko:

Im still waiting, but part of it is my fault. I put off making my first appointment for a few reasons: (1) 3rd baby, this isnt my first rodeo, I know at the early appointments theyre just going to tell me to take prenatals, drink a lot of water, ect. (2) the longer I put off the first appointment, the sooner I get an ultrasound as they wont do one until 10-13 weeks. so if I never call until Im 9.5 weeks (like i did) then I only have to wait 3.5 weeks MAX, instead of calling at 5 weeks and waiting up to 8 weeks. Obviously the wait time is the same, it just felt easier in my mind to not have a date super far ahead to look forward to. (3) trying to pee in a cup, in a bathroom stall, with a 2.5 year old and 5 year old is miserable.

I had my first "appointment" yesterday, really it was just paperwork and a blood draw. I go in for my first actual appointment next week. Ultrasound and all.

Things seem to have changed since my last LO ( 4 years ago), and I made my first midwives appointment at 8 weeks (they wouldn't let me go before 8 weeks), and when I got there all they did was fill in a form and send me away with my green notes to fill in and tell me I now needed a booking appointment (that's what I thought I was having!). I then had my booking appointment 10 days later, and they booked my scan at that appointment. Only another 2 1/2 wks to wait for my scan now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->