Still sick.... Bet it's a girl. *UPDATE*

kdmalk

Reaction score
The number of times I have heard "oh, you should start feeling better very soon" is almost comical. And I still don't feel better. I started hearing that 5 weeks ago. HA!!!!

I lost some weight starting when I got really sick about week 9 and have yet to put any of it back on because I still don't feel like eating most days. Yesterday I could have eaten a horse at lunch and then couldn't eat dinner because I was feeling so sick. So I'm sure I am in a calorie deficit for yesterday because I had some cereal for breakfast and some pizza rolls for lunch (I know, I know), then had one bite of chicken for dinner before deciding I couldn't handle food. Had some cereal again this morning, but can't stomach anything for lunch today.... and that's WITH meds.

One of my friends was telling me that there have been some studies showing that ms lasts longer and is more severe with girls, so I have suddenly become convinced my bump is pink in the past few weeks. Hubby is pretty convinced too. We were both solidly team blue before that because I normally love sweets and haven't been able to do a lot of sugar in this pregnancy (even though that's just a wives tale).

Anybody else still feeling sick in second tri? What color is your bump?! I find out in 10 days!

I'm on my 8th pregnant don't know the sex yet, but 4 were girls, 3 boys and I was definitely much sicker with the girls.
May not be true for everyone but was for me.

My sister in law was sick throughout both her pregnancies and she had one of each!

This is a girl and been very much more sick than the other two

I didn't start feeling better till around 18 weeks. meds didn't help, the foods and drinks that are meant too didn't, anti-sickness bands took most of the edge of it though, didn't start using them till I was 16 weeks.
I got told from 12 weeks oh your start feeling better by 13 weeks, week 13 came oh you'll start feeling better by week 15, week 15 came oh you should have started feeling better by now.
I only lost 8lbs but where I was a health 21 bmi that weight lost made me look really ill, and took my bmi down to 19.1 I've only just managed to get it up to 20. I've gained 5lbs back but haven't gained anything in 3 weeks.
as for morning sickness being worse and lasting longer means a girl, it's a load of bull. i'm having a boy and it was very clear in the scan that he's a boy.

I guess it could go either way then! So maybe still a surprise after all!

This is my first so I've nothing to compare it too, but I had sickness for around 2 weeks (although it felt like a lifetime). We are having a girl but as I said, nothing to compare it to. I don't think I had sickness that horrendous compared to others. I don't think its anything to go by, it's just another old wives tale.

I could have written your post myself! Also 15 weeks and although I'm having more good days than bad now I'm still sick! Only ate cereal and some cheese for the whole day yesterday! And like you, not craving sweets like I did with my DS. Went back on the meds as last weekend I didn't take them thinking I'd be better and I spent it bent over the toilet bowl 😖 with my DS I was better by 12 weeks and it was much less servere. From the gender scan I got at 14 weeks looks like I'm having a girl! Also have acne and much worse moods swings this time (according to my DH!) So a lot of the theories were correct for me. Hope you feel better soon!

With my DD I wasn't sick at all.
This time around I've been sick everyday. No matter what I eat. And it's a little fella.

I was still quite sick and vomiting often up until around 17 weeks. I'm having a girl! BUT I'm loving chocolate and other sweets too. Mostly chocolate :haha:

That's absolute nonsense, i had hyperemesis (severe morning sickness) my whole pregnancy with my son, i lost weight and was admitted to hospital.

this is my fourth and had sickness everytime only once it stopped before 12 weeks (that was a girl) i still have sickness now and im having a girl but im sick like twice a week with her brother it was all day everyday. so for me my son the sickness was much more severe.

First pregnancy we had our girl. Sick from 6 weeks til 20 weeks. 6-8 spews a day. And then continued nausea and random spews til she was born.

This pregnancy is a boy. Sickness started at 5 weeks. About 3 spews a day. Currently 20 weeks and still nauseated and vomiting every few days. Nowhere near as bad sickness as the first but still sick!

It was definitely true for me. Nausea gone by 9-10 weeks with my son. Lasted until 15-16 weeks this time and we've been told we're having a girl.

I've been thankful to not get sick either pregnancy so far. My sil was sick through the end with her son, and my friend had hg with her son.

I am on my third boy, with morning sickness ranging from very light to quite severe (well into second tri!). So you can still be surprised!

I was terribly sick with my first three, it lasted until I gave birth, was sick around 4-8 times a day, all boys, this time I was sick about 6 times all together.... Another boy, just think every pregnancy is different.

DS1 no actual sickness just a bit queasy for a few weeks.
DS2 HG in hosp twice for dehydration. Sickness from 6 weeks to 20. He came out 10lb born as well.

Personally i think its an old wives tales i was never sick with both my girls but this te realky sick all the time but whats the betting its a girl lol

I had hg with my 2nd son and lost a lot of weight. Losing weight this time and feel sick all the time don't know what were having tho x

I had really bad nausea with ds2 but no vomiting. Nothing with this baby and it's a girl. But all I've wanted is sweets this entire pregnancy, ice cream and chocolate all the time! Hope you feel better soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->