Stillbirth Study

A

amjon

They are doing a study looking into stillbirth and need responses from women 28 weeks+ or with newborns that have no history of stillbirth. You can find the study here. https://www.starlegacyfoundation.org/stars1 Maybe it can help save some babies in the future.

You should post this in the loss forum and not here. I have 3 weeks left and dont need to see this kind of post

You should post this in the loss forum and not here. I have 3 weeks left and dont need to see this kind of post

Oh wow! Really? The study asks for women who have had successful births an insight to see how they can help those babies.

You didnt have to view this thread. How silly of you to get upset over something that you didnt have to read.

Just tried to do it but it crashed half way thrugh. Will try again tomorrow.

I dont think this is the wrong place to post. The more information we all can give the safer all womens pregnancies will be in the future.

This is a forum for everyone. Stillbirth is hard enough for people to talk about and responses like that make women with angel babies feel even more excluded! Plus it needs women with no history of still birth so the loses forum is not really appropriate.

I agree you can see the title of the thread.

Is it uk or us based?

Thanks for sharing, I filled out the survey.

Its also asking for mothers of stillborns at 28 weeks or after..
x

Iv a feeling these studies, regardless of topic, arent allowed on here...admin im sure will look into it if its a problem. I understand the need for research but I also understand where a poster was coming from about not wanting to think about still born so close to birth. I also agree than mummas of angel babies should feel accepted to share their stories xxxx

Thanks for sharing. I filled it in, I think they will email me when my EDD has passed so I can fill the rest in.

Hope we can help research in some way x

Its also asking for mothers of stillborns at 28 weeks or after..
x

Yes, it is. I filled it out for my daughter. It's been posted on some stillborn places, but if they don't get enough women with healthy pregnancies to fill it out they won't be able to really compare and look for what could be leading to stillbirth. Most stillbirths still seem to be for unexplained reasons, so knowing what causes them could lead to more babies being saved before they pass.

They are looking for responses for different outcomes, and it seems like the more answers the better.

I think it's totally relevant.. for those who wish not to complete the survey, have every right not to do so.. But i've filled it in and feel good for doing it. It asks for both US and UK information.. And if you're still pregnant, they ask for you to complete the rest of the survey once your baby is born. If it's possible to help research into stillbirths, then i think it should be a positive thing to do! x

I think that this is a wonderful opportunity to help other women and I'm glad that I saw this post! Thank you amjon!

I agree with OP (ebannaa...). I've been paranoid since day 1 that something could happen and don't need to read about it on here.

I couldn't wait to leave 2nd trimester and join 3rd as the posts are more about preparing for birth & baby. I awoke on my back this morning (15 mins ago) with pins & needles in my hand & haven't felt baby move yet so I'm already trying to calm myself down.

The subject clearly stated what is was about but I couldn't help reading anyway. No offense to the poster who started the thread, I can see that she is trying to raise awareness but there are plenty of us on here that need to be thinking positively right now & be distracted by those niggling paranoid thoughts.

I have to say I'm a little shocked by some comments on here. It is a study to help find the reasons why we can reduce the number of stillborns that happen, the same way they done studies to reduce the number of SIDS incidents. That is how we learn, we study. The same studies that allow you to know not to sleep your baby on this stomach. Studies I'm sure completed by women of babies lost to SIDS.

We all have paraniod moments in our pregnancies, that would be being human and caring about the life of our babies, and I would think that the extradionary ladies on here that have suffered late loss or stillborn would be more paraniod than most, but Im also sure that would particpate in this study to help find answers to their most devasting of tragedies and help reduce the risk of this happening to others.

I dont want to see the word stillborn in any thread, no-one does, it sparks a fear in me also, but I am more than willingly to fill out the survey if it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->