Stinging Pain in My Upper Belly

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by vanvir99, Oct 14, 2013.

1. vanvir99

vanvir99 New Member

Hi I am new to babyandbump. I hope to look for some advise. :baby:
    I am currently in my second trimester (16 weeks) and I've been having a stinging pain in my upper belly (just above my belly button) since last night.

The pain seems to be a lot better in the morning but came and bit me again at about the same time tonight (8pm). :nope:

I called in sick this morning and went to a doctor who gave me a medicine called RANI2 for suspected ulcer/GI disorder, also took a urine test that will hopefully give me a good result by Wednesday. I will be very happy to share the results with anyone in this forum. :hugs:

Has anyone else experienced this pain? I am worried about my baby. Please help. :nope:

2. xZoeyx

xZoeyx Well-Known Member

I was about to suggest a UTI but you say you had a urine test however the tests for UTI's is a 2 second dipping test so not sure why your having to wait a few days? Doctor should have tested for a UTI as the first potential problem?

I would insist on a test for a UTI As they can be very dangerous but are so easily cleared up with a short dose of antibiotics which are safe during pregnancy. I have had it twice and you don't have to have all the normal symptoms.

Good luck - and in the meantime, try to drink some cranberry juice to flush your urine tract out :)

3. CountryS2011

CountryS2011 Well-Known Member

Mine was stretching...

4. vanvir99

vanvir99 New Member

Thank you xZoeyx and CountryS2011 for sharing your opinion. At first I thought it was UTI, but then I didn't feel any pain when passing urine these past few days and this morning. I had UTI quite often before and it feels like you want to go to pass urine but when you do, only little amount comes out and it feels like a burning/stinging pain.

But just in case I took your advise to take some cranberry juice. :)

I will be getting the result on Wednesday, hopefully I can leave work early tomorrow. Wish me luck! :D